Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Concerning PvP (not again!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Every 1000 or so should be changed to every 100 or so. And I still think there should be at least an option to have stakes. I absolutely agree that there should be no potions allowed in pvp or maybe just 3 potions allowed for each player in a pvp. There should be a respec on pvp title/rank. I agree with unlockable items at pvp vendor and how players would spend pvp points/tokens. And I definantly agree that classes should be more survivability without potions. I agree that there should be rounds on short small pvps and no rounds on big long pvps but rather a respawn, and on the respawn there should be a like a 10 second delay.
    http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50/EliteFlamin/atomicenergy-2.jpgHonored Master of The Crusaders of Legend PLoading --- Warrior --- Level 21 EliteFlamin --- Archer --- Level 47

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Demarrer View Post
    If you lag in PvP your screwed anyways, regardless of the system. That is the case in any game, casual or not.

With the loot system everyone can be different, it is more CUSTOMIZABLE. With the point system, at some point each match will have everyone wearing the same stuff because it is the best. Where is the customizability in that?
    In the point system you cant lag.
    You contribute, you get rewarded.
    You loot, you get random **** you don't need you don't get rewarded.

I don't see how the loot system brings more customizability into the game.
    You can always have more items from the NPCs etc.. It can give more options, not just specific item sets or so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Flamin View Post
    Every 1000 or so should be changed to every 100 or so. And I still think there should be at least an option to have stakes. I absolutely agree that there should be no potions allowed in pvp or maybe just 3 potions allowed for each player in a pvp. There should be a respec on pvp title/rank. I agree with unlockable items at pvp vendor and how players would spend pvp points/tokens. And I definantly agree that classes should be more survivability without potions. I agree that there should be rounds on short small pvps and no rounds on big long pvps but rather a respawn, and on the respawn there should be a like a 10 second delay.
    Potions should have a 3-5 second delay, and you shouldn't be allowed to purchase more while battling. However the point system is flawed like we have said. It is far to easy to boost with friends or secondary accounts to achieve the greater items these vendors sell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Banned View Post
    NO on the kick idea. It's frikin PVP dude.
    What if someone is leeching?
    http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50/EliteFlamin/atomicenergy-2.jpgHonored Master of The Crusaders of Legend PLoading --- Warrior --- Level 21 EliteFlamin --- Archer --- Level 47

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

kill the leecher? then loot his leeching corpse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Shebee View Post
    In the point system you cant lag.
    You contribute, you get rewarded.
    You loot, you get random **** you don't need you don't get rewarded.

I don't see how the loot system brings more customizability into the game.
    You can always have more items from the NPCs etc.. It can give more options, not just specific item sets or so.
    But why the hell would anyone buy anything other than the best? Everyone would buy the best stuff, so everyone would be the same.

You can't lag in a point system? Is there some secret network that knows " Oh hey this game runs a point system, no lag fellow networks"?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ya didnt you know that demarrer? wow never lags cuz its on the point system network

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

But why the hell would anyone buy anything other than the best? Everyone would buy the best stuff, so everyone would be the same.

You can't lag in a point system? Is there some secret network that knows " Oh hey this game runs a point system, no lag fellow networks"?
    I didn't mean laggy connections I meant to get stuck at a point where I just play and play for one specific item, to get the best items, but I don't get it because I have bad luck because the loot is just random...
    And you said less customizability, how exactly does the loot system have more customizability, ultimately there will always be the best items, your argument is total crap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I didn't mean laggy connections I meant to get stuck at a point where I just play and play for one specific item, to get the best items, but I don't get it because I have bad luck because the loot is just random...
    And you said less customizability, how exactly does the loot system have more customizability, ultimately there will always be the best items, your argument is total crap.
    Once again we revert to cursing because we know that our argument is flawed. Items looted are different, so every person won't have the same things like they would with a point system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

how does that not apply to a point system too then? if anything you will lag quicker just cuz you know what item you want and you buy it. after that....um then what?
    and the loot is not random, you kill guy with item, you click on his corpse, you take the item

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Once again we revert to cursing because we know that our argument is flawed. Items looted are different, so every person won't have the same things like they would with a point system.
    So basically the loot system rewards players unfairly?

Quote Originally Posted by ddarko18 View Post
    how does that not apply to a point system too then? if anything you will lag quicker just cuz you know what item you want and you buy it. after that....um then what?
    and the loot is not random, you kill guy with item, you click on his corpse, you take the item
    Why would I lag if I get points for participating, and then buy the item I want, how is that considered lagging?
    Also, I kill a guy and loot him, but I get some random loot I don't want, how does that make someone not lag?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So basically the loot system rewards players unfairly?

Why would I lag if I get points for participating, and then buy the item I want, how is that considered lagging?
    Also, I kill a guy and loot him, but I get some random loot I don't want, how does that make someone not lag?
    Do you know what lag is? Who said you have to loot everything, let alone anything? Open his corpse and look. If you see nothing you like don't take anything. Oh and how are you getting random loot? A guy has received a specific item, you look at it, if you like it you take it and if not you leave it.

This really isn't a difficult system. How does a loot system reward people unfairly? We fight, I win, I loot you. I really don't see why you cannot understand this.

I could just play your points system and wait for kill shots so i get the points and screw over my teammates, how is that fair? With a looting system it doesn't come down to that, it comes down to more teamwork than individual greediness like the point system would have.
    Last edited by Demarrer; 04-22-2010 at 06:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do you know what lag is? Who said you have to loot anything, let alone anything? Open his corpse and look. If you see nothing you like don't take anything. Oh and how are you getting random loot? A guy has received a specific item, you look at it, if you like it you take it and if not you leave it.

This really isn't a difficult system. How does a loot system reward people unfairly? We fight, I win, I loot you. I really don't see why you cannot understand this.

I could just play your points system and wait for kill shots so i get the points and screw over my teammates, how is that fair? With a looting system it doesn't come down to that, it comes down to more teamwork than individual greediness like the point system would have.
    I cant possibly understand how someone can think that a loot system comes down to fair teamplay or teamwork.
    Okay so I got the looting thing maybe a bit wrong here, I thought the loot is randomly generated, but that doesn't change the fact at all.
    People will be running around with random items making me get random items, which just leads into unbalanced itemization.
    And ultimately to starvation as no one will run around with items in PvP, why would they if they can simply bank their items?

And yes I do understand your message, we fight, win, and probably won't loot anyone, but with luck yes, and I receive either some crappy item that's worthless or something I dont need at all.
    Or we could simple fight, win or lose, still get rewarded for participating, and after a couple of games or whatever, receive our fair reward that we can choose. How did you come up with the idea on screwing on team mates in a points system lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh and I don't know if you ever actually played a game with a loot system but take Knight Online for example.
    It has nothing to do with teamplay, everyone wants to kill someone, lure them to join their team and kill them etc. There is simply no spirit of teamplay, its like a mass chaos zerg frenzy, just kill whatever you see, the lower chances the enemy has the better

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I cant possibly understand how someone can think that a loot system comes down to fail teamplay or teamwork.
    Okay so I got the looting thing maybe a bit wrong here, I thought the loot is randomly generated, but that doesn't change the fact at all.
    People will be running around with random items making me get random items, which just leads into unbalanced itemization.
    And ultimately to starvation as no one will run around with items in PvP, why would they if they can simply bank their items?

And yes I do understand your message, we fight, win, and probably won't loot anyone, but with luck yes, and I receive either some crappy item that's worthless or something I dont need at all.
    Or we could simple fight, win or lose, still get rewarded for participating, and after a couple of games or whatever, receive our fair reward that we can choose. How did you come up with the idea on screwing on team mates in a points system lol.
    Points are based off of kills, if i wait for my teammate to get someone low so i can finish him off i get the kill-shot i get the points.

This is how looting works. I will use a 1v1 example. We fight and I kill you. Your body falls to the ground like it does now. I click your body and your inventory opens. I can then choose out of the things you had what i want to loot. I could also ignore your corpse and do nothing.

What do you consider the system now, unbalanced itemization? You get rewards based on randomness. You can't choose what you are going to get majority of the time. When looting the person could either have something good or something bad. Either way it is different from anything anyone else has. A point system, everyone would buy the same thing and everyone would be clones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Oh and I don't know if you ever actually played a game with a loot system but take Knight Online for example.
    It has nothing to do with teamplay, everyone wants to kill someone, lure them to join their team and kill them etc. There is simply no spirit of teamplay, its like a mass chaos zerg frenzy, just kill whatever you see, the lower chances the enemy has the better
    I have played Darkfall and Ultima Online. Ultima Online has a full loot system, and one of the best PvP systems ever. It was very team oriented. If you role with someone your odds of killing someone is better, and you have a better chance of getting their loot. It is not my fault if the player has no friends in the game and can't trust anyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Are you blind or something? He didn't even curse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Points are based off of kills, if i wait for my teammate to get someone low so i can finish him off i get the kill-shot i get the points.

This is how looting works. I will use a 1v1 example. We fight and I kill you. Your body falls to the ground like it does now. I click your body and your inventory opens. I can then choose out of the things you had what i want to loot. I could also ignore your corpse and do nothing.

What do you consider the system now, unbalanced itemization? You get rewards based on randomness. You can't choose what you are going to get majority of the time. When looting the person could either have something good or something bad. Either way it is different from anything anyone else has. A point system, everyone would buy the same thing and everyone would be clones.
    So you use a random all vs all example for the point system but a 1v1 example for the loot system? Oh okay.
    The point system shares the same unfairness in that point as the loot system, but the point system could potentially reward for losing as well.
    And just from my personal point of view, unbalanced itemization would be in the loot system, I want to achieve better gear, but I can't simply because my enemies carry no loot, or just bad loot I don't need, which ultimately leads to that. Meaning I get rewards like you said, based on randomness, how is this good? It leads to unbalanced itemization.
    In the point system however, I get rewarded equally as good as everyone else, instead of receiving random loot directly I get currency that I can use to get the items I want.
    I mean, you can create infinite possibilities with the point system simply by adding more items to the vendors, they would all be equal in quality.
    And it is overall more balanced and it comes more down to skill as it would in the loot system.
    Also, the point system, you can always add rewards. If this is done to the loot system however that just leads into more unbalanced itemization. Let me demonstrate.
    Int he point system, I get the best item set currently available, person 2 only gets ½ of the best quality items.
    A new tier of items is added, we can both now acquire the best tier of items directly.

In the loot system however, I would have a hard time getting the better tier items, because the mid tear items would still be there, and because of the randomness of the loot it would be hard to achieve.
    And I'm not even taking the fact into account that no one would be risking the highest tier of items in PvP anyway.
    So still the loot system just doesn't work really.
    To make it short, the loot system doesn't award players, maybe in very rare cases.
    The loot system does award in every way, and its balanced and fair.
    Last edited by Shebee; 04-22-2010 at 06:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So you use a random all vs all example for the point system but a 1v1 example for the loot system? Oh okay.
    The point system shares the same unfairness in that point as the loot system, but the point system could potentially reward for losing as well.
    And just from my personal point of view, unbalanced itemization would be in the loot system, I want to achieve better gear, but I can't simply because my enemies carry no loot, or just bad loot I don't need, which ultimately leads to that. Meaning I get rewards like you said, based on randomness, how is this good? It leads to unbalanced itemization.
    In the point system however, I get rewarded equally as good as everyone else, instead of receiving random loot directly I get currency that I can use to get the items I want.
    I mean, you can create infinite possibilities with the point system simply by adding more items to the vendors, they would all be equal in quality.
    And it is overall more balanced and it comes more down to skill as it would in the loot system.
    Also, the point system, you can always add rewards. If this is done to the loot system however that just leads into more unbalanced itemization. Let me demonstrate.
    Int he point system, I get the best item set currently available, person 2 only gets ½ of the best quality items.
    A new tier of items is added, we can both now acquire the best tier of items directly.

In the loot system however, I would have a hard time getting the better tier items, because the mid tear items would still be there, and because of the randomness of the loot it would be hard to achieve.
    And I'm not even taking the fact into account that no one would be risking the highest tier of items in PvP anyway.
    So still the loot system just doesn't work really.
    I understand what you are saying but we are looking at this in two different ways. I know the game is casual, but should the best items really be this easy to get like you are saying with your point system? With looting good items are distributed throughout the battle lets say, and it can changes hands throughout the battle. The legendary items should not be easy to obtain, and with the point system they are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I understand what you are saying but we are looking at this in two different ways. I know the game is casual, but should the best items really be this easy to get like you are saying with your point system? With looting good items are distributed throughout the battle lets say, and it can changes hands throughout the battle. The legendary items should not be easy to obtain, and with the point system they are.
    In the loot system however it's random who gets legendary loot and who not.
    Also who would be risking legendary loot anyway?
    And you didnt seem to get the point that in the point system everyone gets rewarded, now just the one that does a kill shot, everyone who is involved in the battle gets points, and when you die individually you could possibly get a small amount too.