Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Shiloh stealth nerfed or bugged like Flapjack?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Default Shiloh stealth nerfed or bugged like Flapjack?

The change for Shiloh from 12% damage reduction to 4% is pretty awful, could a Dev please respond on this?
    This pet was a lot of work via Hauntlet Coins and to see its passive nerfed so significantly is kinda ridiculous...Thanks!
    <Khylara 41 Rogue> The Collective

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

not to mention it's sold for like 30k. if they could just refund the coins, and convert them to story tokens instead.
    I'm not lazy, I'm just on energy saving mode.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I bought a Shiloh egg in the CS earlier today for 15k. There were a few around that price. Also, I bought Koko for around 10k. I'd be bummed out if I did 350 Hauntlet runs over the past month to get these! Actually, I saved up 100 Hauntlet coins, and I regret doing that now.

On a related note, I'm bummed out that Nexus was weakened, because he is platinum-only and I spent money on him. His usefulness was already questionable, but now they made him worse and I regret the purchase.

The devs should be very careful about tinkering with things we spend time and money on. My experience with Shiloh and Koko makes me less likely to save up Hauntlet coins for anything, because I'll just wait until the next update when they're cheap. What's even worse is that my experience with Nexus makes me less likely to spend platinum now - because I don't know if/when the devs will weaken the things I buy. It's like they want to discourage us from buying stuff.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eviljack For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Wow shiloh was my fav pet. He only has 2 passives and they just had to nerf it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eviljack View Post
    I bought a Shiloh egg in the CS earlier today for 15k. There were a few around that price. Also, I bought Koko for around 10k. I'd be bummed out if I did 350 Hauntlet runs over the past month to get these! Actually, I saved up 100 Hauntlet coins, and I regret doing that now.

On a related note, I'm bummed out that Nexus was weakened, because he is platinum-only and I spent money on him. His usefulness was already questionable, but now they made him worse and I regret the purchase.

The devs should be very careful about tinkering with things we spend time and money on. My experience with Shiloh and Koko makes me less likely to save up Hauntlet coins for anything, because I'll just wait until the next update when they're cheap. What's even worse is that my experience with Nexus makes me less likely to spend platinum now - because I don't know if/when the devs will weaken the things I buy. It's like they want to discourage us from buying stuff.
    Did the whole 350 as well, and more.. cause sometimes bug causes you to not get coin even when finishing under required time. I felt like it was an achievement, and that the only way to acquire them was through hauntlet. Well, not anymore. Happy times.

*Next patch, they could make colton lootable as well, and those 4 coins you made sure to get everyday for 50 days straight will be so much fun to remember.
    I'm not lazy, I'm just on energy saving mode.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I feel the same way now...After the patch that turned Trollbane axes into junk I emailed customer support as I had dropped 400k the day before the patch on a Trollbane of Fatality and logged in to see that it was now worth 20x less than I paid. The response from customer service was pretty much, too bad so sad.."we don't compensate players for losses due to developmental changes"--(this was of course, better than the extremely rude response I received from a dev). Now, the response from customer service would make sense if we were talking about WoW or some other game that is driven by subscriptions and involves a players investment of time I could understand. However, AL is driven by people buying plat.

Loss of value happens in any gaming environment as the player base and economy develops. What is going on in AL isn't like that..It has been unannounced, arbitrary devaluations of items in the economy that players primarily purchase through real world transactions. Now, on the behalf of developers they have code to write and numbers to crunch, but someone needs to step in before some of this code goes live and at least look at how it may effect the economy.

I really don't get the feeling that Spacetime cares anything about the people that are paying the bills, there is nothing other than the item you get from plat chest purchases **and this gear is subject to the nerf bat, without notice. Thanks for the $$ ** . It would be nice if SS implemented something for plat purchasers other than messing with game mechanics in such a way that people become reluctant to spend more money.
    <Khylara 41 Rogue> The Collective

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Khylan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yeah well I feel the same way about Flapjack, only worse.

I bought it with plat - for all 3 chars. I don't mind spending some $$$ to support them if I like the game...

...but changing that makes it feel like it was a plat grab.

Sure, it might be 'balance', but then give us the option of returning pets recently bought and get our plat back if that is how we paid.

Seems fair to me.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nogo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

They've been doing this in all of their games on a regular basis. Best advise I can give is just hold onto your cash and don't buy really expensive gear, and as far as plat only spend it on things that got no stats, such as elixirs or vanity items. Because you never know when they may decide to nerf something, or increase the drop rate of something, which causes its value to drop way down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Nexus lost most of the damage reduction but other than that, he's the same. However, my Nexus started attacking again, which he didn't do before. The increased damage really feels better than the damage reduction, but of course that's just bug fix vs nerf
    Tuik - Rogue
    Pululu - Warrior

13.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

I posted this in a thread about armor, but I will quote it here for you.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...oes-armor-work

"Any items or pet passives/bonuses that "reduce damage by x%" effectively work as an addition to the algorithm. If given the amount of armor you have you have say, 37% damage reduction (behind the scenes mind you) that extra 2% damage reduction applies directly to that number, giving you a 39% damage reduction. It's a huge stat, because it's circumventing the normal armor associated algorithms that determine armor value based on things like level, level differences and the like and sticks it straight on. Damage reduction is a very powerful stat. The power of it this stat is why the damage reduction stats were reduced across the board for pets because they were incredibly overpowered with the revamp."

These are not nerfs so much as a result of the armor re-balancing. After the tweaks we made these damage reduction values were so massively high they were game breaking, and were thus modified across the board to be more in line with the new system. It is easy to see a large number get smaller and deduce a nerf, but in this case the number changed to reflect the underlying system in order to make it more or less the same as it was before the level cap update. Hope this clears that up for everyone

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Thank you for the clarification, that makes sense

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Hope this clears that up for everyone
    Yes, it does. Thanks! I was pretty bummed out when I noticed all the damage reduction pets were changed like that, but this makes sense now.
    Main: Grimtank (warrior)
    Alts: Longfinger (sorcerer), Critsngiggles (rogue)