Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: End-game balance

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

So no changes to health pool? No changes to level 9 skills? No changes to crit or the 95+ dodge? Gg pvp will stay broken, ill keep my 50 dollars next cap.

Senior Member Everyone'sFavMage's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Listen to ghost absolutepally, flawless thelonestud and otukura. Could not agree more with every statement they made. Especially ghosts post about pvpers helping out with the REBALENCe. THIS IS WHAT IS NEEDED. You need actual experienced pvpers to fix pvp. Simple as that. Take a group of people and let them run some tests and give some ideas. I know there are quite a few very experienced players who can help out.

I'm the guy with my hand on your shoulder
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Well, if they took a few ppl you would be jeles of them becuz you wouldnt be pick
    O Hai Der

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

.-. Not to be touchey but pvp needs rebalencing across all levels, and with 23 twinks in the lvl 50-71 range I would say im experienced for this lvl range.
    And even if I don't get picked. I just want pvp fixed.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Everyone'sFavMage View Post
    Listen to ghost absolutepally, flawless thelonestud and otukura. Could not agree more with every statement they made. Especially ghosts post about pvpers helping out with the REBALENCe. THIS IS WHAT IS NEEDED. You need actual experienced pvpers to fix pvp. Simple as that. Take a group of people and let them run some tests and give some ideas. I know there are quite a few very experienced players who can help out.
    Dont need a bunch of kids trying to fix a broken system. Im sure the devs can figure it out on their own they just need to put in some effort if they want to save their game.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
    Dont need a bunch of kids trying to fix a broken system. Im sure the devs can figure it out on their own they just need to put in some effort if they want to save their game.
    Yeah, just a bunch of kids ._.

Semi, I'm pretty sure if it wasn't for us "kids", and our feedback through the forums, PvP rebalancing wouldn't have even been acknowledged by the devs.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

^^^ I'll thank that when I get moar thx.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Everyone'sFavMage For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post

Semi, I'm pretty sure if it wasn't for us "kids", and our feedback through the forums, PvP rebalancing wouldn't have even been acknowledged by the devs.
    Didnt mean to sound crude or rude, im a kid myself. Well teen. Anyway, what i mean is that devs are experienced and trained in many many many years of experience. They have college degrees and specialize in these areas. They know what is best for their game. Yes you may have played pvp since day one, but do you have the slightest idea in any of the mechanics of a game? Would you know what is best for pvp and pve? You may be able to throw a couple stats around but do u have any idea how that would effect all levels of pvp/pve including item sets and bonuses. Again dont mean to sound rude but if they let a bunch of kids try to run the game it runs the risk of totally ruining everything. I rather have experienced educated developers that are willing to take the time to look into this issue and fix the problem while keeping our suggestions into consideration.

Would you let a kid cut your hair? Or would you rather have a professional barber who specializes in haircuts do that? Would you want a kid to tutor you in a college course or would you rather have a proffessor who specializes in that area? You get the point. And yes their are many geniuses out in the world that are relatively young. If you are one of these kid geniuses then i apologize. However the chances of this are relatively slim.
    Last edited by Seminole; 01-13-2013 at 04:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Didnt mean to sound crude or rude, im a kid myself. Well teen. Anyway, what i mean is that devs are experienced and trained in many many many years of experience. They have college degrees and specialize in these areas. They know what is best for their game. Yes you may have played pvp since day one, but do you have the slightest idea in any of the mechanics of a game? Would you know what is best for pvp and pve? You may be able to throw a couple stats around but do u have any idea how that would effect all levels of pvp/pve including item sets and bonuses. Again dont mean to sound rude but if they let a bunch of kids try to run the game it runs the risk of totally ruining everything. I rather have experienced educated developers that are willing to take the time to look into this issue and fix the problem while keeping our suggestions into consideration.

Would you let a kid cut your hair? Or would you rather have a professional barber who specializes in haircuts do that? Would you want a kid to tutor you in a college course or would you rather have a proffessor who specializes in that area? You get the point. And yes their are many geniuses out in the world that are relatively young. If you are one of these kid geniuses then i apologize. However the chances of this are relatively slim.
    Yes, I'm well aware that you didn't try to sound rude. However, I know more about stats and game mechanics than you think, it's your opinion that will decide if you believe me or not. I truly think that the players can provide insightful feedback if they gathered a bunch of PvPers from all levels.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 01-13-2013 at 07:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Again, agreed with William.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Everyone'sFavMage For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

How funny, even who doesn't pvp in endgame (clearly stated also), judging comments and trying to pretend, which comment is valid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

I've pvped at every cap since sewers except black smoke mountain. I have lots of friends who play this cap and are disgusted with it though. And I have a few lvl 71s that I pvp with and can even see it there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

please tell me this post is a joke

please
    yea, yea, yea

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hadesofshadow View Post
    please tell me this post is a joke

please

Umm no... whats a joke is kids trying to program a game since they have two years playing video game experience on their resume lol.
    Last edited by Seminole; 01-14-2013 at 05:50 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

^^^ I'll thank that when I get moar thx.
    Good to see you two are giving each other thanks, since you seem so desperate for a thanks ill give you one as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

What's funny is someone thinking that the game devs don't look at feedback and try to find a solution, devs don't join pvp anymore and they aren't aware of a lot of the problems first hand. Many of the people that play these games have degrees just like the STS members, no need to try and act like it's only "kids" that play their games.
    Umm no... whats a joke is kids trying to program a game since they have two years playing video game experience on their resume lol.
    Mains- PL Mage: Azefekie (Runazeisback)
    AL Mage: GodsTouch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

ouch oh burn! ow! burn! whoa on fire ow burn * runs around in a circle flailing arms*

EDIT- ghost still waiting for you to sign my shield! When i all gwown up i wanna be jus like uuuu
    Mains- PL Mage: Azefekie (Runazeisback)
    AL Mage: GodsTouch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by azefekie View Post

ouch oh burn! ow! burn! whoa on fire ow burn * runs around in a circle flailing arms*

EDIT- ghost still waiting for you to sign my shield! When i all gwown up i wanna be jus like uuuu
    I gotchu bro!! Here's some ice fo dat burnnnn

22. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Yay Pvp might be fun again

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Rushorgtfo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Mmm... A PvP Legends beta... Seems legit.

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Noodleleg For This Useful Post: