Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Closing statements, please read PL forumers.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

To start off, I've seen my fair share of behaviour and trends since I joined these forums.
    I myself rarely post but felt like I had to post here, since I regret not standing up for some people who got miserably trolled on these forums.
    I've seen people that I truly expected and people who got me fed up.
    I too agree with the ''Oldies'' in a way that I felt like certain people on these forums were trying to hard to fit in.
    I saw many forummembers indeed trying to talk sense into them without any luck.

Even though those people annoyed me from time to time, it wasn't anything too bad. (I must admit that I myself have caved into trolling a couple of times too though)
    What really got to me is how these respected players responded to those who didn't listen to them.
    They felt the need to make them feel horrible, and thus I stopped respecting certain members.
    I never understood how you could go from giving advice in a nice manner, to horrible trolling.
    My philosophy was that if people don't want to change, just leave them be.

Even worse was that all those Trollers, were people who, in my opinion were mature.
    I just couldn't grasp, how they could let spamming or rep boosting get to their heads so much.
    Is it so bad if someone is rep. boosting? The whole community knows he is anyway.
    I feel like the mature part of this community, is starting to get quite immature themselves.

Now let's think about the victims.
    I myself have always thought that most of the people that try to fit in are just very lonely.
    That said, I am not saying their behaviour is all that acceptable, but you should consider how someone is feeling.
    Do you have any idea how much impact your comment can have on them? Who knows how horrible they felt to begin with...

I feel like we always have 2 options, we can simply choose to walk away, or spend time trolling people with no positive outcome.
    Anyone who get's annoyed by little things as spamming, isn't it just better for you to take a little break?

That said, I agree with Happiness.
    Leaving won't solve anything Griffinfan, speaking your heart up like you just did makes a difference.
    I feel that if everyone would try to be just a little more positive, we could laugh instead of rage over small problems.

After all, rep. boosters, innocent trolls or any other kind of behaviour doesn't have any impact on your life, right?
    Why put energy into trolling, while it won't have any other effect than a negative one?

PS. I apologize if there was faulty grammar in my post, but not everyone is born with English as their native language! =)
    Voltaire
    Barbarous
    Highness

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sorcererssoul For This Useful Post: