Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Closing statements, please read PL forumers.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tHelonestud View Post
    I'm fairly certain many of the non-English posters have much better grammar and spelling than those who primarily speak English. I'm pretty sure most people who would attempt to use the word 'clique' speak English as their primary language. Correct me if I am wrong, Grif.

As for your second point, just because I said a certain type of thread encourages trolling, by no stretch, automatically categorizes me as a troll.
    Perhaps my corrections come across as rude, and I should re-phrase my corrections into a more civil/friendly sentence.
    As for my point, trolls are going to troll. The people who are going to agree with your concerns are not the ones who need your thesis. The ones who do are going to feed off your frustration.
    The moral of the story is to become enough of a troll to not get scathed by any comment that touches you.
    People these days are way to sensitive.
    I think you are contradicting yourself with that last comment about others being way too sensitive. First of all, you took Crimsontider's post to heart, based on your given response. It seems as if you're merely trying to protect your reputation because you were pointed out by someone with a relatively high status (or so to speak, a high reputation).

And it's not your fault - that's what a lot of the forumers have come down to. All we care about is our reputation. More friends = more opportunities to get the things we want in game + the support we will get from others. We, humans, enjoy getting the support/ability to obtain anything we desire because we have those friends.

Not to rail out anyone, but I will support my argument by using our lovely friend, MysticalDream (I still wuv you bro), but he was constantly going about in the "People behind the Characters" thread that his argument was a better one because he claimed that he was more "popular" and more people liked him. Perhaps, he was being sarcastic (most likely), but it still shows how players can bring down the spirit of the forums. Nonetheless, I still look up to him as a forumer. But I will say that he isn't the forumer he used to be - and that's not his fault. As Apollo previously stated, as new generations come in, they have simply gotten worse. Griff then stated as a new generation of players, we need to reach that goal of having that community that we want. This was a wise statement.

This whole reputation system is ruining the forums to be honest. As a community, WE REALLY DON'T HAVE MUCH TO DISCUSS. What more do we need to talk about considering STS never implements something new? We are, in a sense, creating unnecessary threads, with forumers posting unnecessary comments in those unnecessary threads - this annoys everyone. We can only blame ourselves, because I guarantee we have all contributed to trolling and railing on these fourms/STS.

I am disappointed in myself and the rest of the community (give or a take a few people), because we have not made the proper effort to reunite the forums that we once were. There is no easy solution, but I believe that it starts with each individual doing their own duties as a respectful and mature forumer to make these forums a better place - and doing so without one thought about reputation.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 05-05-2013 at 02:21 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post: