Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Closing statements, please read PL forumers.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Griffin, I understand how you feel. You have summed up succinctly how things are. Boredom is the biggest challenge people are facing at the moment. That doesn't excuse their behaviour but is perhaps a key to understanding the mentality behind some of the posting. I will put my hands up and say that I, too, am guilty of derailing threads and posting nonsense usually with the aim of keeping things light hearted and entertaining. I do try not to be mean to people (The Sadness excepted) or make things personal. There are some people on here who, without mentioning names, go a step too far and are what I would classify as bullies. It is unnecessary and cruel to single people out and constantly put them down. You know who you are guys....and your constant put downs really only reflect the inadequacies in your own lives. Anyone who is happy with themselves realises that they do not need to bully others in order to enrich their own life.

I think though Griffin, that by leaving the forums, you are denying people a good role model. The more people with good morals and constructive advice that quit, leave the forums with more bored and hungry trolls and less helpful and informative "oldies". You sound like your mind is made up but I know I am not alone in saying I'd like to see you stick around. Maybe it is time for us all to "man" up and bring the community spirit back. Stop giving trolls attention and look out for the victims of bullying?

Trulyhappy Officer of TCG
    It's not always rainbows and butterflies
    It's compromise that moves us along.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Happiness For This Useful Post: