Quote Originally Posted by Erdnase View Post
Hmm, I'm not taking any side here or trying to put anyone down, but I would like to point out that ur math is invalid here. If instead I am wrong, do correct me tho. You can refer back to post 29 where I explain more, but 2.5 crit does 0.00625 more skill dmg on average, and the 3 dmg gives 0.0075 (saying u have 400 dmg) more dmg. But these numbers still can't be compared. Crit effects the dmg of different skills at different times, which makes the dmg increase inconsistent. While the dmg number increases all the skill dmg and is always consistent. That 2.5% extra chance to crit can so easily be wasted on ur main skill. Or say in pve u crit light with it, but it hits an almost dead mob, pretty much wasted. On dmg, there is even another benefit to being consistent tho. The dmg number will also be stacked with things like the dmg passive and pets with extra percent of dmg given. So while say 20% more dmg off of 3 isn't that great, it still is an increase, and still consistent.

All of this just shows that dmg and crit really can't be compared so easy IMO. Each have their pros and cons. Each can leave u doing more dmg I believe also, it just varies on many things. But lastly I would like to add to the rogues saying mages have the most dmg. This may be true in numbers, but if u really want to see who DEALS the most dmg that would be even harder then comparing crit and dmg. Mages have dmg, aoe, and a small chance at crit. Rogues have great crit, and still good dmg, and some aoe. So which does more dmg? Like many things it's just dependent on the situation. Classes shouldn't be equally comparable to each other, its not right, and I really feel it's something that makes the game more fun. The only unfortunate thing is that there will always likely be people claiming an "imbalance."
You make some very good points. I guess here is a good summary of why I don't mind crit instead of dmg..... Most of the "balance" issues have to do with PvP where we actually compete against each other, and my PvP build is Fire/Lightning/Shield/Heal. I have 2 offensive skills, and Lightning is one of them. So given that build, crit is actually better for me than damage. For some other builds, yes damage would be better.

Frohnatur is complaining that rogues hit so hard -- they actually have less damage than mages do. Look at their stats and you'll see. It's the critical hits that is the reason why they hit so much harder. Yes, when the crit numbers are small, it doesn't look very important. If you crit is 5% instead of 3%, nobody seems to care. But 2% is still 2% and when you do the math that gain is the same as if you were going from 48% to 50%.