Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Solution for fixing the economy!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default Solution for fixing the economy!

As many of you know, I used to play PL. So I was looking at the PL forum and noticed they did an update to address the long annoying issue of the Forgotten weapons, and their solution was brilliant. So it made me think of a solution to the current issue plaguing the AL economy.

The problem goes like this:

1) Tons of crate pinks have flooded the market due to so many players opening locked crates.

2) Because of the large surplus of these items, prices have dropped on most of them to under 200 gold, making them worthless.

3) Because crate pinks have become worthless, the only items of any value you can get from locked crates are the super rare mythic and arcane items. As the odds of getting a mythic or arcane item are small, this discourages many from wanting to open locked crates.

4) Because stats of these crate pinks in most cases are better than epic items, epic items have no value at all and cannot even be sold.

5) Because stats of some crate pinks are almost as good as some elite pinks, the prices of the elite pinks have fallen as well.

So here is my proposed solution:

1) All crate pinks that have ever existed will be changed to have a liquidation value of 3000 gold.

2) This will result in many players liquidating these items to get the 3000 gold. This will happen until we reach a point where these items become rare enough that they are worth at least 3000 gold each.

3) Elite pinks will rise in price accordingly.

4) Epic items will fill the price void between 100 gold and 3000 gold.

5) This will give an influx of gold into the economy, which I think many of us agree has been needed.

6) This will cause more interest in opening locked crates since the crate pinks will now have some value and not be worthless.

7) This will boost the value of locked crates, and will encourage crate farming.

Since the "worst" item you are supposed to get from a locked crate is 2000 gold, shouldn't getting a pink item be at a minimum worth more than that? This solution will make sure that is the case, while boosting the entire economy in the process.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post: