Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Solution for fixing the economy!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Out of thank yous but thank you. Hopefully STG tries this. I've seen it work in other games - even for just a short period of time (6-12 months).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

leprechaun kills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mapenjay View Post
    leprechaun kills
    That amulet has made me a fortune in eggs and locked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Support. At least the 3k liquidation part. If im gonna spend money for 2k constantly and the occasional 200 gold pink. least let me liquidate for 3k..

5.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #25
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Thanks for this insightful post. We are working on steps to preserve the rarity of items moving forward and hopefully bring their value back in the process. Recent changes like adding other loot options to the Gladiator Arena among other relevant changes should help in this regard, but solving the problem can only truly be accomplished moving into future content.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Haha good luck after this weekend the game is going to be flooded with legend items

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Just to explain to everyone where I got this idea, there was an update made in PL which solved a long time complaint that had been going on for about a year. Last summer (2012) there was a new dungeon introduced during what was called the "Forgotten Event". This dungeon was then removed after a week when the event ended.

During that week, when you ran the dungeon, very occasionally there was a boss who spawned there, much in the way bael & krunch used to spawn in AL. When you killed the boss, he always (100% of the time) dropped what were known as "forgotten weapons". A sword for bear warriors, a bow for bird archers, and a staff for mages. These weapons came in both legendary and epic varieties and scaled to the level of the player who looted them.

The problem is that the stats on these weapons were way OP, especially the bows, and especially at twink levels. The problem caused a situation in twink pvp where if you didn't have a forgotten weapon, you had no chance at all. We are talking bows that tripled your damage compared to any other weapon available. So people complained. Then people who had these weapons complained that they paid hundreds of thousands for them, and said if STG was to nerf their weapons, they would quit the game. It was a constant debate in the forums.

So this past month, STG released an update which finally addressed this issue, and appears to have made all parties happy. How did they do that you may ask? Very simple....

1) They nerfed the stats of all these weapons big time so now they were no longer the best weapons at any level.

2) They made the liquidation prices for these weapons very high -- we are talking hundreds of thousands of gold per weapon.

So the end result is that players who complained about the weapons being OP and ruining PvP are now satisfied. And players who owned those weapons and would have complained about a nerf are not complaining because they are able to liquidate the weapons for more than they paid for them. Some players who had collections of these forgotten weapons are now very rich. And as a result of the liquidations, these weapons are slowly being eliminated from the game. So in the end, they will become collectors items only.

This whole idea made me think that a similar idea could be used here in AL to address the issue of crate pinks.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow217 View Post
    Haha good luck after this weekend the game is going to be flooded with legend items
    All they need to do is make the liquidation price a few thousand gold for each of the crate pinks and there will be no more flood. People will just liquidate their excess supply, and the problem will take care of itself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hopefully or the problem will only get worse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Thanks for this insightful post. We are working on steps to preserve the rarity of items moving forward and hopefully bring their value back in the process. Recent changes like adding other loot options to the Gladiator Arena among other relevant changes should help in this regard, but solving the problem can only truly be accomplished moving into future content.
    #

If you dont change the mechanics of the loot system itself, and how opening crates in masses (what sts want) is flooding the market with worthless pink, just moving into forward content is a gamble at last. The same thing may happen in the future.

I think Energizerics idea is really worth a try.

Thanks to both of you.

Here is my two cent what I think might solve some of the issues: eliminate white and green loot without replacement. Make purple loot rarer. It just angers people when they loot white, green or purple wich are worthless. Lessen the drop rate of pink loot in crates, instead give out more often (and more substantial ammounts of) gold. And raise the arcane drop rate slighly, but significant. It makes no sense to spread the gap between rich and poor so much that a few guys control more money that the rest 99%. It still would be pretty rare stuff if you even double the drop rate. I have no idea why it would make sense for people in AL to possess that amount of money, other than control markets an getting an achiev that almost nobody else is able to get. And while we're at it: eliminate that 100 mil gold achiev. It's offensive. Replace it with Won-pvp-games-achiev and Killed-5000-Elite-bosses (of course only those count wich are end cap at your level, brackenridge-bosses count for 1-6, ydra for 6-11 and so on.

But maybe Energizerics much more simple idea would already be enough. Thatswhy the idea might be so brilliant.
    Last edited by Frohnatur; 09-20-2013 at 09:56 PM.

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Eliminate white and green loot ???
    That means reroll = 100% pink items -_-
    One of the reason the pink price (also from arena) are droping is simply because "they" cant afford to buy it. For example in the beginning of new expansion i can sell plate of will for 800-900k eventhough there are 5-6 of this item in auction. But now its only sell at 300-400k eventhough there are only 2-3 stock of this item in auction. Why this happen ? Because now the buyer of this item move from "average player" to "poor player". Thats why i think the most important thing to do is to fix the problem from the bottom, which is to increase the buying power of "poor player". And i think the current event that increase crates price help it a litte bit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Great idea to help economy.

I do find it kinda funny though how just recently bael/krunch was debated cause of poor economy. Sts changed and now theres a new debate this one bout crates. I guess my point is players are never gonna be fully satisfied and the economy may never fix completely.

And for me right now farming crates is best source of income. I have no problem selling for10-11k. But if this idea of yours helps and crates go more ill be even happier!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Veluthe View Post
    Great idea to help economy.

I do find it kinda funny though how just recently bael/krunch was debated cause of poor economy. Sts changed and now theres a new debate this one bout crates. I guess my point is players are never gonna be fully satisfied and the economy may never fix completely.

And for me right now farming crates is best source of income. I have no problem selling for10-11k. But if this idea of yours helps and crates go more ill be even happier!
    You're right, there's many issues with the economy. We can only fight one at a time though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

I like it, and I don't like it.
    It'll shortly raise locked prices, but they'll slowly decrease as more people farm more for them and continuously under price each other in auction. Just like when gold & platinum was added to the crates: prices went up a bit because they had a better return chance...but then they went rock bottom again.

What will result from this "solution" is when they sink back down in value again, the opener is still getting 3k per liquidated item. That may become nearly the same price as the crate itself costs from the start (they were 10k just before this new mythic event). So the gap between the rich & the poor is going to further increase, as plat buyers will be able to open a crate at essentially only the cost of the platinum--perhaps driving up the sales of platinum (good for sts, but bad for the game's economy). With so many "free openings," the number of mythics & arcanes will increase, drastically decreasing their worth.

I think a minimum listing price of 3k would be a more appropriate action.
    The reason the liquidation price thing worked with Forgotten gear is because there was a finite number of them--it was only a weekend's worth of chanced farming. Crate pinks, though...there seems to be an endless number of them.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Morholt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I think the price of the crates would just be higher. You forget that the middle of last season crates dropped to around 6k per crate. Only when they added the gold and plat rewards did it go back up to 10k+ where it has stayed every since.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

By that regards, STS should have liquidation prices of arcane weapons of a minimum amount too!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Whatever that minimum amount would be, you can surely sell it for a way higher price. This is only a solution if you want to get rid of items from the game. i.e. there are too many of them, or they are too OP and you can't nerf them or else the owners will be upset. So instead you make a high liquidation price and people liquidate them.

Arcane weapons don't have that problem. They sell for many millions of gold. Yes they are OP, but they are also rare so they should be OP. OP weapons only become a problem if they are common, because then all items start to lose their value.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    As many of you know, I used to play PL. So I was looking at the PL forum and noticed they did an update to address the long annoying issue of the Forgotten weapons, and their solution was brilliant. So it made me think of a solution to the current issue plaguing the AL economy.

The problem goes like this:

1) Tons of crate pinks have flooded the market due to so many players opening locked crates.

2) Because of the large surplus of these items, prices have dropped on most of them to under 200 gold, making them worthless.

3) Because crate pinks have become worthless, the only items of any value you can get from locked crates are the super rare mythic and arcane items. As the odds of getting a mythic or arcane item are small, this discourages many from wanting to open locked crates.

4) Because stats of these crate pinks in most cases are better than epic items, epic items have no value at all and cannot even be sold.

5) Because stats of some crate pinks are almost as good as some elite pinks, the prices of the elite pinks have fallen as well.

So here is my proposed solution:

1) All crate pinks that have ever existed will be changed to have a liquidation value of 3000 gold.

2) This will result in many players liquidating these items to get the 3000 gold. This will happen until we reach a point where these items become rare enough that they are worth at least 3000 gold each.

3) Elite pinks will rise in price accordingly.

4) Epic items will fill the price void between 100 gold and 3000 gold.

5) This will give an influx of gold into the economy, which I think many of us agree has been needed.

6) This will cause more interest in opening locked crates since the crate pinks will now have some value and not be worthless.

7) This will boost the value of locked crates, and will encourage crate farming.

Since the "worst" item you are supposed to get from a locked crate is 2000 gold, shouldn't getting a pink item be at a minimum worth more than that? This solution will make sure that is the case, while boosting the entire economy in the process.
    Brilliant.something needs to be done swiftly as the economy problem is worsen since prev mhytic event.
    semi-retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    All they need to do is make the liquidation price a few thousand gold for each of the crate pinks and there will be no more flood. People will just liquidate their excess supply, and the problem will take care of itself.
    Agreed Hopefully STS take notice of this thread atleast
    CallMeOops
    Earning Gold Daily - Hit Me Up For Elite Runs/Egg Hunting etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

New idea for fixing the economy: Love should buy up & liquidate all crate pinks on the market for a week. lol

But fun idea that gives me. Businesses can strategicly buy, sell, and issue shares of stock to raise company value. Governments can change the value of money based on issuing & destroying it; and it can sell bonds when needed.
    Maybe on a random day, once every month, sts just goes and buys & destroys every crate pink in auction (2,000 gold or lower ones). My only fear it'd put a bit of gold into the economy...although many of you argue there isn't enough.

It's just might be crazy enough to work!