Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
*sigh* Very bad idea...

If you guaranteed a reward of say a 100 runs not only will it take the thrill out of AL but it will propagate botting at a scale where instead of people complaining about the luck system of AL we will see threads based on "ban Xxxxxx he was botting".

The problem here lies in the luck system not the loot system. Guaranteeing the "drop" will not only make it unfarmable but also dull. The drop/loot system needs to be looked into; that is what we should be trying to get changed or at least get STS to reveal. Won't it be nice to know how many runs at an average we need to run to drop something like recipe? So that poor noobs like me know how much money I'll be spending to drop something like a recipe(which I have yet to receive but I ain't complaining). I ran over 400 worth fragments of planar tombs without seeing a single chest. This was when we could scale and a few runs here and there without scaling. Then STS introduced the amazeballs arlorian ring and I decided to use this 40-55% loot chance at tombs and I've looted 10chests since the introduction of the arlorian ring(which, seeing as I do 3-9 runs a day is decent enough). Then all those hours running planar tombs without getting a single decent drop was worth it. From 0 chests in 150+ runs to 10 in 50(probably less, looted double chests TWO TIMES).

Guaranteeing rewards is a bad bad bad idea, takes the thrill out of the farming, makes bottling feasible and ensures prices are low and remain low(need to have basis).

After all its not the destination its the journey that matters.
I don't think botting has ever been a problem in the more difficult maps. I'd be very surprised if someone could design a bot that could get through planar.