Thread: Concerns About Certain Controversial Issues...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Default Concerns About Certain Controversial Issues...

Hey guys,

The last couple months have seen a lot of changes to AL, inevitably bringing rise to some concerns that will probably spark drama if stated. The intention of this thread is not to provoke anyone, but merely to attempt to bring light to some issues which many people are in the dark about. Bear in mind, this is a feedback thread.

1. Nekro

The Issue:

With the previous update, 2x fossil chance in Arena, Nekros are far more common than they once were. About 3 out of every 10 geared players have it now! (Endgame perspective). And while its slight overpoweredness was alright when it was rare, now, with such a vast number of players having it, it's pretty much game-changing, even more so than it was before. The team with Nekro on it, no matter how less skilled they are compared to the opposite team, has a nearly 100% chance of winning the clash if the other side does not have Nekro. Inevitably, this turns out to be one of the top PvP guilds thrashing the other side, even if the other side is more skilled than they are.

The Proposed Fix:

The huge advantage Nekro has over other pets (and its mythic counterpart, Scorch) is its amazing shield. It has the damage reduction capability of Blinky (40% incoming damage reduction) for as long as the shield takes to break, or until a certain time (15 seconds I believe, though I could be wrong). I don't propose to reduce this damage reduction; it is after all the pet's greatest asset. Instead, I propose reducing the time the shield lasts to a sane number like 10 seconds or lower. Bear in mind it is very difficult to break a Nekro shield in clashes, since a rogue's already high armor boosts the shield exponentially...forget warriors. I also suggest removing the panic. This seems a little "let's-throw-this-in-here-because-the-description-seems-too-short". There was no need for it lol. Of course, it mainly affects those rogues who don't use razor in clashes as mages and warriors both have essential immunity skills. Nonetheless, this seems pointless and unnecessary. These fixes could of course be only for PvP.

Alternatively, I suggest introducing a pet into PvP that removes buffs from the opponent team in range once activated. Perhaps Ironbite could have this, since it has returned this event.

2. Nilbog

The Issue:

Nilbog is a very good pet and useful in many situations. I applaud STG's ingenuity in introducing it. However, what has been bugging me is that the ratio of the duration of the Arcane Ability to its cooldown seems out of whack to me. 5 seconds AA to 20 seconds cooldown? Also, Nilbog's poison pool falls away from it which makes it annoying in solo fights.

The Proposed Fix:

This one's easy. Either reduce the cooldown to 15 seconds or increase the duration of the AA to around 7 to 8 seconds. Secondly, make Nilbog's pool fall under the pet as opposed to a little to the side.

3. The Warrior Buff in PvP

The Issue:

Controversial topic here -

I feel the warrior buff was meant to apply only to PvE and not PvP. Warriors were doing just fine before the buff in PvP. It is PvE where they are struggling. The -25% armor buff to ax was completely unnecessary for PvP. They are now (again) on top of the 1v1 triangle.

True, CTF is meant to be a team game, but how many of you (non-tanks) can claim to survive an ax followed by an Aimed-Nox-SP?

The Proposed Fix:

Make the armor nerf to what it was before. I really feel STS should first test these things out, maybe in their test server, before applying it here. -25% armor to any class is pretty much devastating. For an example of how devastating: the mage's mythic gun procs -25% armor, and this is a rare chance, not an assured occurrence every 7 seconds.

--

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Alhuntrazeck; 05-17-2015 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Typos. Happen to the best of us ;)

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Alhuntrazeck For This Useful Post: