Thread: Big Luck / Little Luck 100 drop test results

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Default Big Luck / Little Luck 100 drop test results

Edit: please ignore Little Luck. I'm an idiot who didn't watch what I was doing and both characters were actually wearing Big Luck.

Very Brief Conclusion:
    Big Luck = 12% chance of a re-roll off 207 drops. Little Luck has zero effect. More below

So I spoke to Royce earlier and discussed a short test on the Big/Little Luck Hats

Firstly here was the details of the test;
    • 2 Characters in FH4, one (lvl50) wearing BL and the other (lvl16) wearing LL
    • Lvl50 did all the work, we farmed Meathead 100 times, and got a small handful of mob drops too
    • I recorded the drops, the frequency of 'Feeling Lucky' and 'You are Lucky'
    • I don't fully understand how the lucky re-roll works so wont attempt to explain it
    • Nothing better than Gems dropped, mainly trash

Big Luck
    drops from meathead = 100
    other drops = 3
    Feelin' Lucky = 8
    You are lucky = 5
    total = 13

Edit: Big Luck 2 not Little LuckLittle Luck
    drops from meathead = 100
    other drops = 4
    Feelin' Lucky = 11
    You are lucky = 1
    total = 12

So I make that;
    Big Luck - rerolled 12.6% (13/103) of the time with a 38.5% (5/13) success rate
    Edit: Big Luck 2 not Little Luck - rerolled 11.5% (12/104) of the time with 8.3% (1/12) success rate

To Conclude
    • There clearly isn't enough data here to draw any really accurate conclusions, but almost 3hours was all i was doing.
    • I was expecting a difference between the 2 in the chance of a re-roll, but in my 100 boss drops they are almost identical?
    • The success is greatly different though and here I would have expected to see a 50% success rate? (unless I have misunderstood how it works.
    • If some could explain or point me to a good explanation of Luck Elixirs that would be appreciated
    • As already highlighted in other threads, wearing these items only gives you a chance of a re-roll and in no way ensures any significantly better kit to drop. I.e. If you drop a Common item and get a successful re-roll you are still likely to get a slight improvement to a better Common or an Orange/Green if your lucky.

My data is available if anyone wants for any reason....
    Last edited by Redbridge; 03-16-2011 at 04:49 PM.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand