Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
Interesting discussion....

I cringe whenever an improvement to a certain skill is proposed and everyone posts "well nobody uses that skill anyway so it doesn't help...."

That itself is a sign that the discussed skill needs improvement. There should be a full variety of skill combinations that top players use. If most of the top players are all using the same build, then that indicates some balance issues among the various skills.

What annoys me about this particular discussion is that when given the opportunity to improve survivability at the expense of damage, rogues always complain that they don't like it. What Zeus is proposing sounds very reasonable. If you want better survivability, then you should have to be willing to substitute an offensive skill for a defensive skill. It appears the issue at hand here is that the rogue's defensive skill is inferior. If that is the case, then it needs to be improved to make it worthwhile to use.

As a Mage, I have 2 of my 4 skill slots using defensive/support skills (shield and heal). There is no reason a rogue cannot do that same thing. Even with only 2 offensive skills, a rogue is still going to cause much more damage than a sorcerer since the rogue's skill cool down is 2 seconds compared to 3-4 seconds for a Mage.
well doesnt matter how much you cringe , the update by itself has no effect on survivability whatsoever, it maybe a sign but its not guarantied to be chased further

discussion is how much damage reduction should be added to make viable trade off in damage loss, you give mage example about damage loss but remember you have %55 DR shield and pretty OP heal in that tradeoff