Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The future of PL ... long term recommendations; my most important post for this year

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fusionstrike View Post
    I understand the point, but I still believe execution would be the problem. You said they could do something to prevent one person using two devices and therefore being both sides of the "contest". But this doesn't address the very real problem of two legitimately different devices used by two different people from gaming the system. Think about all those hard-core farming guilds that exist now. You think they'd hesitate for a second to have two member agree to take a dive in PvP if they thought it would get them a faster route to pinks? So in the end, there would have to be a lot of effort put into making PvP not the "easy way" to pick drops even with "two device" protection mechanisms.

I get what the goal is and why you suggested it. If there were a way to do it, it might even be better for PL. It's just never going to work in practice.
    If they don't want to suffer an inordinate amount of deaths - it would make no logical sense to do this.

The amount of time it would take for a person to die and respawn is more or less the same as it would take in a 3v3 FFA. The rate of death would be no more than that of an FFA. In fact, it may actually be less, because there are only 2 people and one is not fighting back. Thus, it would make very little sense for a guild to choose to do this. Plus, the drop rates would not be any more than they would get in PvE for a given period of time, making this even less logical. Unless you prefer PvP, you would not want to do it.

The nature of how you responded does make me want to ask, how much PvP experience do you have? If the answer is less than thousand kills or haven't seen an FFA game (ex: you've always played 1v1 .... which many new players unfortunately do), you probably haven't seen enough. 1v1's are slow-paced. FFA and close quarters CTF though ... is another thing entirely.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 12-10-2011 at 06:56 PM.