Thread: chests should actually do something

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Default chests should actually do something

Basically it's this: at first chests are ok, because you don't get much money to begin with. seeing that "14g" is cool. later on though, you just stop getting any joy out of smashing them, and you just try being the first, well, to be the first.

I have gotten two items out of chests. neither that good. in ao2 lvl4 i only smash the chests in the beginning so that others know i the map has been subject to a run.

WHY can't those chests have actual loot inside?? maybe increase the money within to reflect your level? (since the higher it is, the higher level places you can go to, and the better loot dropped to liquidate) if by place, then noobs would just spam the ao2 lvl4 chests, so make it by level.
    As for items... i don't know what can be found inside chests for sure, but it's too rare to make it worthwhile. and honestly some grey armor is not worth it. MAYBE a entire set can be found within, like "looters dagger of legend" and "looters helm of power" and have it be really shiny and stuff. i can see chest spammers abound... but if it were actually that good a item then the low drop would count. (just make sure it's good...)
    the level of the items could either depend on the area, or be completely random (in order to foil those chest spammers from getting lvl45 set in a flash!)

i personally would really like a looters set, that shines like those gem crossbows all around.
    ===edit-----
    item sets:
    dex-looters
    str-raiders
    int-collectors
    Last edited by Arterra; 09-04-2010 at 06:38 PM. Reason: added item ideas
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...