Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Clarifying Arcane Hooks and Mythic Helms In the Next Expansion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    We never promised that Arcane items would be upgradable at all and we never promised that Mythics would be upgradable in every expansion. Not sure where you are getting this information.
    Unfortunately there were a few members of this forum who kept repeating this misinformation, so quite a few people probably believed it was true even though no developer ever said so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    We never promised that Arcane items would be upgradable at all and we never promised that Mythics would be upgradable in every expansion. Not sure where you are getting this information.
    Shoot I guess I interpreted it wrong! Sorry about that I hope that you do take it into consideration though! Getting a mythic once is hard enough but twice especially for Arcane items later on is pretty rough! I'll still try my luck at mythic armor for my warrior u guys are doing an excellent job at keeping my friends and I all addicted haha

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Unfortunately there were a few members of this forum who kept repeating this misinformation, so quite a few people probably believed it was true even though no developer ever said so.
    Yeah I reread the older posts and it looks like only mythics were promised. It was nice of them to make the hooks the best item in a recent update. I won't stress over an arcane sword for my warrior now

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zanpakuto View Post
    Shoot I guess I interpreted it wrong! Sorry about that I hope that you do take it into consideration though! Getting a mythic once is hard enough but twice especially for Arcane items later on is pretty rough! I'll still try my luck at mythic armor for my warrior u guys are doing an excellent job at keeping my friends and I all addicted haha

Yeah I reread the older posts and it looks like only mythics were promised. It was nice of them to make the hooks the best item in a recent update. I won't stress over an arcane sword for my warrior now

Only problem with this is why is it that mythic will be upgraded in expansion after Nordr and Arcane are not.. Being it the rarest rarity you can get even if we were misinformed shouldnt it have a better plan for Arcane Rarity weapons being how hard to get them?

Itll be an easier pill to swallow is if they upgrade stats for it to be competetive but not item lvl
    Last edited by Jellowpy; 04-04-2013 at 04:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jellowpy View Post
    Only problem with this is why is it that mythic will be upgraded in expansion after Nordr and Arcane are not.. Being it the rarest rarity you can get even if we were misinformed should have a better plan for Arcane Rarity weapons being how hard to get them?

Itll be an easier pill to swallow is if they upgrade stats for it to be competetive but not item lvl
    I completely agree with you! "Arcane" items should never become obsolete. Hopefully devs will reconsider it given its extreme rarity. As it stands, I don't need to go all out getting that warrior sword! Feel bad for my friends and u who do have the hooks. I'd be very upset if I were u too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Hooks are like the "Sword of a Thousand Truths" in WOW. It was so so rare and so so awesome for a little while and still is, but one weapon can't be the best forever (More than this couple of months def) but not forever.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zuzeq For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzeq View Post
    Hooks are like the "Sword of a Thousand Truths" in WOW. It was so so rare and so so awesome for a little while and still is, but one weapon can't be the best forever (More than this couple of months def) but not forever.
    Lol Southpark much? I get your point, but WoW is on a 2 year expansion cycle so the best gear in game was viable for at least a year or more depending on the guild. Making Arcane class specific weapons should be something every class should have the opportunity to achieve at the same level.

STS really pushed the whole "rogue focus for Kraken Expansion" and that Nodr will be warrior focused. This is great, but why go to hassle if the pinnacle class weapon will be antiquated in comparison to next class weapon? I mean, why not just make a sorcerer and kick back, saving your money knowing your arcane weapon will be the best one in game when it comes out because sorcerers will be the last to get their arcane weapon? It makes no sense whatsoever unless STS plans to release arcane weapons every third expansion, and the goal is to force people into spending more cash, all over again, and again etc..
    <Khylara 41 Rogue> The Collective

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Khylan View Post
    Lol Southpark much? I get your point, but WoW is on a 2 year expansion cycle so the best gear in game was viable for at least a year or more depending on the guild. Making Arcane class specific weapons should be something every class should have the opportunity to achieve at the same level.

STS really pushed the whole "rogue focus for Kraken Expansion" and that Nodr will be warrior focused. This is great, but why go to hassle if the pinnacle class weapon will be antiquated in comparison to next class weapon? I mean, why not just make a sorcerer and kick back, saving your money knowing your arcane weapon will be the best one in game when it comes out because sorcerers will be the last to get their arcane weapon? It makes no sense whatsoever unless STS plans to release arcane weapons every third expansion, and the goal is to force people into spending more cash, all over again, and again etc..

Yeah a lil bit@Southpark...lol. Like I said I agree that Arcane Weapons should have a longer "Shelf Life". I would like to assume that the current/pending Arcane weapons won't be the "One and Only" of it's kind if STS plan to keep AL going beyond level 36. I think it would be cool for there to be a new Arcane weapon for each class after every couple cap raises. Not saying STS so go with "The Return to Kraken Islands" after the Mage's back story, but taking "Turns" with Arcane weapons isn't bad. Or thay can do a scale...wait...somebody said that already. Shutting up now..
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Don't try to acquire arcane items if you don't think they're worthwhile to acquire.
    Montanaguy (16 Warrior) [elite lvl cap: 16; 26; 31] / Montanaman (16 Mage) [16] / Montanadood (16 Rogue) [16]

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Khylan View Post

OMG this ,somebody have the same thinking as i do.. Maybe a fellow hardcore WoW gamer here. I 100% truly aggree , as ive always said in reality we cant expect Gears to be forever remain top Gear but the problem with "our" mmorpg is it is unlike PC mmorpg or let us just compare it to the most popular w/c is wow where in it takes more than a year per expansion..

Those gear that you will grind for weeks or months can still be enjoyed for a long time , that is why when next expansion comes you dont feel cheated when your Top Gear becomes obselete because logic dictates that since Top gear are rare you'll take a long time or in great lenghts acquiring them weeks or months but because WoW have a longer life cycle you can still enjoy your gear being top quality for a long time..

But with Arcane Legend it is a mobile game thats why shorter expansion life cycle is very much understood and ofcourse very much appreciated but........ With this in mind they should have taken enough responsibility of having a good future planning on these "Arcane" rarity items.. Arcane being Obselete after 2 patches even if swade have promised them to not allow that to happen while mythic have a future plan of being upgraded after Nordr expansion? I really cant see enough common sense in that decision specially that Arcane should have been the rarest and the toughest one to aquire..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

My guess is the l31 bone chiller bows will have close to the damage output l26 hooks

FTW

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

@gundamsone
    LvL26 bone chiller bows have CLOSE to the damage output of Arcane weapon .. How wacky is that right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

it's a good thing itll drive the prices down

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

If u dont have one yes.. But its unfair for us that have it and worked for it defies it being an Arcane rarity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jellowpy View Post
    If u dont have one yes.. But its unfair for us that have it and worked for it defies it being an Arcane rarity
    Hooks are luck item, not worked hard. No reason to be OP, all reasons to be special. It's already special as very rare and has awesome proc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jtst View Post
    Hooks are luck item, not worked hard. No reason to be OP, all reasons to be special. It's already special as very rare and has awesome proc.
    I beg your pardon? Did you spend $300 - $500 for them?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaleagle View Post
    I beg your pardon? Did you spend $300 - $500 for them?
    Yeah, the cost involved to get these is astronomical for a video game. Making them obsolete after 4 months with no opportunity to upgrade is shamefully greedy...bilking your best customers with the assumption they will continue to spend exorbadant amounts of money.

I've spent quite a bit between DL and gearing/pet buying for my 3 toons, but now my attitude has changed because of the stance on the arcane/mythic items. Yesterday I purchased 1700 plat (my last purchase of 1700 was during the plat sale), opened crates until I got the bonechiller bow of potency and stopped. Why? What's the point in plowing through crates anymore?

I have 1400 plat left, 56 crates left out of th 80 I bought in CS, and doubled the money I initially spent buying those crates by selling my 26 armor and various items from the crates. I'm going to sit on all of it until the level cap goes up and I will again approach things conservatively. If the hooks and helm were upgradable ..even for 500 plat, I would have a reason to justify "well, maybe I'll open just one more". No pun intended, but you need a hook in order to get someone compulsive to bite, and right now mythic/arcane items don't cut it.
    Last edited by Khylan; 04-05-2013 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Typos..I'm on an IPhone!
    <Khylara 41 Rogue> The Collective

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Khylan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Excuse me?? I fully intend to own the arcane sorcerer weapon when it comes out in the level 36 expansion. And it won't be from luck or by spending any money. It will be from tons of work to save up a large fortune of gold.

No luck involved there, just a ton of hard work. Yes, some people end up with good things from luck. People win the lottery. But most people that have a lot do so by hard work, both in the real world and in this game too.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Excuse me?? I fully intend to own the arcane sorcerer weapon when it comes out in the level 36 expansion. And it won't be from luck or by spending any money. It will be from tons of work to save up a large fortune of gold.

No luck involved there, just a ton of hard work. Yes, some people end up with good things from luck. People win the lottery. But most people that have a lot do so by hard work, both in the real world and in this game too.
    Luck, luck, luck. I too, am saving up money for the arcane sorcerer weapon (unless it's another staff UGH) and the mythic armors. Wanna know how much I spent on this game? 2$. That was for character slot.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

The way things are gold doesn't matter, there only 5-10 arcane weapons in game, and if seller wants to keep it, he doesn't sell and you can't buy. You will see it when warriors arcane comes out. There are not so much mages as rogues and warriors, so you would have obvilously better chance to get arcane. Mythic items or arcane pets - these you can farm and merch and sure get them, weapons are in higher demand, so you get it when you are LUCKY enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

The way things are gold doesn't matter, there only 5-10 arcane weapons in game, and if seller wants to keep it, he doesn't sell and you can't buy. You will see it when warriors arcane comes out. There are not so much mages as rogues and warriors, so you would have obvilously better chance to get arcane. Mythic items or arcane pets - these you can farm and merch and sure get them, weapons are in higher demand, so you get it when you are LUCKY enough.
    Most of the Arcane hooks have indeed changed hands at least once. Often times it will be a warrior or sorcerer who will get the hooks, and since they cannot use them they sell to a rogue. Same will happen with future arcane weapons. If you offer enough gold you can buy one. Right now there is an arcane hooks for sale in the traders forum.