Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Can sts please make one way gates for spawn zones in PvP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I agree with this!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    We don't have that tech at the moment but I'll see what kind of designer magic I can come up with to solve the problem.
    Thx Swede.
    Last edited by Delphina; 05-17-2013 at 10:16 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

We don't have that tech at the moment but I'll see what kind of designer magic I can come up with to solve the problem.
    the way to solve the problem is to fight ur way out, regroup and attack the other team. Mages may be at a disadvantage but rogues and warriors can both use their jump skills to get out of the room before the other team has a chance to get there.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I am so glad to hear a developer taking the time out of his busy day to listen to us, the players, and help us. thank you so much for your time and care into helping us players get a better game we really appreciate your attention and it means a lot to us that you can care. thanks again
    Last edited by djironlung; 05-17-2013 at 11:55 AM.

CO-MASTER of Magnum Legendary arcane legends warrior and retired #1 in battle command on 1/14/14

6. The Following User Says Thank You to djironlung For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Opps sorry iron that I am late in replying your post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djironlung View Post
    I am so glad to hear a developer taking the time out of his busy day to listen to us, the players, and help us. thank you so much for your time and care into helping us players get a better game we really appreciate your attention and it means a lot to us that you can care. thanks again
    Yeah thanks for this swede. But im gonna thank him for making me laugh my *** off for atleast 5 minutes on the thread about banners. Thanks swede : currently my favourite dev!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Completely disagree with this... Kill or be killed...
    Chilicrush - Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I think im not the only one who would pvp more if there was a more even (and honorable) field of battle. I am with you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Honor? This isn't knights of the round table... Its to the death..
    Chilicrush - Rogue

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #31
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

I just saw some magic swirls fly over my computer in Swede's direction, I do believe he is toiling on something

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Hello,

I posted about this 1 month ago under the player vs player section here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...hlight=JEXETTA

I would also like to back-up Cero on this in regards to hiding. Both Cero and I played a signifigant amount of pvp in Dark Legends as well and it's also worth noting that in Dark legends there is a gate that you can activate in the flag room. People will group up behind the gate and "hide" or "camp" resulting in people trash talking back and forth asking them to come out etc - it can make the game stale. This I believe is what Cero is referring to. It's also worth noting that the gate can be fun - it's really a double edged sword. Before you claim I'm going back on what I said in the linked post, I'm not - I'm simply inferring that there is always a resulting negative aspect to almost every solution. While on paper the safe areas may seem like a good idea - you may want to consider people also taking advantage of the very same safe zone to your disadvantage.

Whenever I come into a pvp room and people are spawn killing I discourage it, but it is worth noting that people will also refuse to come out resulting in what Cero was referring to above. Also, lets not insult other players - keep it constructive people, throwing insults at specific players does nothing but derail a common concern.

Thanks!
    - Jexetta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    I just saw some magic swirls fly over my computer in Swede's direction, I do believe he is toiling on something
    Why can't there be devs like u guys on PL?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jexetta View Post
    Hello,

I posted about this 1 month ago under the player vs player section here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...hlight=JEXETTA

I would also like to back-up Cero on this in regards to hiding. Both Cero and I played a signifigant amount of pvp in Dark Legends as well and it's also worth noting that in Dark legends there is a gate that you can activate in the flag room. People will group up behind the gate and "hide" or "camp" resulting in people trash talking back and forth asking them to come out etc - it can make the game stale. This I believe is what Cero is referring to. It's also worth noting that the gate can be fun - it's really a double edged sword. Before you claim I'm going back on what I said in the linked post, I'm not - I'm simply inferring that there is always a resulting negative aspect to almost every solution. While on paper the safe areas may seem like a good idea - you may want to consider people also taking advantage of the very same safe zone to your disadvantage.

Whenever I come into a pvp room and people are spawn killing I discourage it, but it is worth noting that people will also refuse to come out resulting in what Cero was referring to above. Also, lets not insult other players - keep it constructive people, throwing insults at specific players does nothing but derail a common concern.

Thanks!
    - Jexetta
    Just like with any medication, there is going to be possible side effects. And just like anything, theres always going to be those people that abuse the medication leading to these side issues. I do think i get what u two r saying a little better now tho. But do remember, it is only a one-way gate, after u step through u cant go back and hide. They could group up by waiting on their other mates to die, its something thats done now as well, and regrouping isnt a bad thing. And even now i still see people just staying in spawn trash talking, i dont know that that will ever change. And if people do never come out, like i said, just flag or leave. Its their loss, and their time wasted. But someone really intent on pvping isnt going to do that to start with. In the end, i still dont see this causing a big enough problem to not consider it. It is still just a basic idea, something that could be worked with.
    Last edited by Erdnase; 05-17-2013 at 02:37 PM.
    ERDNASE
    Retired Co-Master/Guild Elder of
    CHIVALROUS UNION

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace:1099061

Nice lol. If it wprks out I hope yall imement it on DL too.

Edit: In regards to what jex was saying. The gates in DL are located in the base entrances not the spawn locations. It has become part of many goalie strategies (including my own). On AL it would be used in the spawn locations and hopefully without players being able to use the switch. In bases its understanable though.

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 05-17-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chili View Post
    Completely disagree with this... Kill or be killed...
    Its still to the death, nothing being changed with that. And "kill or be killed" would be even more true, by actually giving everyone equal opportunity to kill.
    Last edited by Erdnase; 05-17-2013 at 03:19 PM.
    ERDNASE
    CHIVALROUS UNION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    I really like my idea.... so think of the 5 platinum buff when u die in pve. So I know it csn be done... (5 sec is too long in pvp) once you die, if you automatically recieved 3 sec invulnaribility buff, free from stun, or slowness, or other impairing effects) nobody will attack you (because you can damage them and they cant do anything) it also prevent the issue of a gate...where people would sit and not fight....I think everybody would agree this would at least be helpful and in the step of the right direction
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Yes, honor is a strong word, but so is death. This is a game. Not actual war. Its not even real life. But, its supposed to be fun. I think honor is the right word, as it implies fairness. Making it fair will open the door for more players to compete in pvp. If your goal is to make the game more appealing to more players, how does maintaining an exploit achieve this? And additionally, how can you ensure balanced character classes without providing a fair map in which for them to play?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    I really like my idea.... so think of the 5 platinum buff when u die in pve. So I know it csn be done... (5 sec is too long in pvp) once you die, if you automatically recieved 3 sec invulnaribility buff, free from stun, or slowness, or other impairing effects) nobody will attack you (because you can damage them and they cant do anything) it also prevent the issue of a gate...where people would sit and not fight....I think everybody would agree this would at least be helpful and in the step of the right direction
    Yes i think this would work pretty well, tho im not sure 3 sec is enough. For a mage with no speed boost it takes longer then 3 sec to get out of the spawn , but yes 5 sec for a warrior with ss would be too long. Maybe mix the 2 ideas. Invulnerability after revive for 10 sec until u step out of spawn. Hmmm. At least something to be worked with, nice idea darko.
    Last edited by Erdnase; 05-18-2013 at 09:17 AM.
    ERDNASE
    CHIVALROUS UNION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Erdnase View Post
    Yes i think this would work pretty well, tho im not sure 3 sec is enough. For a mage with no speed boost it takes longer then 3 sec to get out of the spawn , but yes 5 sec for a warrior with ss would be too long. Maybe mix the 2 ideas. Invulnerability after revive for 10 sec or until out of spawn. Hmmm. At least something to be worked with, nice idea darko.
    Specifically for mages, I threw in no impaiiring effects, I think that's plenty of time to throw slow time skill, shield skill and run out....since u cant be stunned
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer