Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Crossbreeds, the question is... TO BE, OR NOT TO BE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Crossbreeds, the question is... TO BE, OR NOT TO BE!

No, I didn't make this thread to ask if I should be a 1337 ninja Archer with a wand.

I made this thread for discussion, but I really want a answer from the Devs.

Will you stop crossbreeding by making bows for only archers? Staffs and wands for only Enchantresses? Swords and 2H's for only Bears?

If you patch this, you realize there will be a lot of hate.

Do you guys ever plan to stop this at all?
    Last edited by Justg; 05-04-2010 at 04:39 PM.
    Vigilant - 45 - Bowmage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

*cough* Crossbreds *cough*

And I think that people should do whatever they feel like doing in terms of equipment usage so long as it doesn't turn into an insta-overpowered character that could break PvP.
    Goregrind - Warrior - Alterra
    Venom Guild
    http://venom.forumn.net/index.htm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know rofl, I fixed it.
    Vigilant - 45 - Bowmage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Haha :P

10char
    Venom Guild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hurs View Post
    Haha :P

10char
    So yeah,,, umm lets discuss eh.
    Vigilant - 45 - Bowmage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I added some discussion material to my first post XD

But just to reiterate... don't change it unless some combination is too powerful (hence breaking PvP).
    Venom Guild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i would really like to know this too. i realize this is an ipad/iphone game but most MMO's have 5-10 races to choose from and those generally have 3-4 class choices. with the limited ammount chars i think it is integral to let this practice continue. Even if you guys release 3 more classes it still wont be enough if they are locked to a race. it would be bland and this game is anything but bland.

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

We very much encourage people to come up with new and crazy ways to play the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    We very much encourage people to come up with new and crazy ways to play the game.
    Nice, 'tis good to hear ^_^
    Venom Guild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    I like the crazy way to play the game, but please consider keeping it all in the confines of the class. Like for instance make archers wear only archer gear, ya know!! However, there can be a lot of loot out there so that the chances of players obtaining the exact same loot will not be possible, and also like in a post I submitted earlier that no DEV's replied to (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ill-Suggestion). If steps like this are taken, your game will then be able to attract all types of players because it will offer a good sense of stability while still allowing players to be diverse and in this day in age everyone wants to be UNIQUE. So for those far out players one can still be oneself.
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom
    Guild Website - www.venom-guild.com

Guardian of Alterra King Richie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia View Post
    I like the crazy way to play the game, but please consider keeping it all in the confines of the class. Like for instance make archers wear only archer gear, ya know!! However, there can be a lot of loot out there so that the chances of players obtaining the exact same loot will not be possible, and also like in a post I submitted earlier that no DEV's replied to (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ill-Suggestion). If steps like this are taken, your game will then be able to attract all types of players because it will offer a good sense of stability while still allowing players to be diverse and in this day in age everyone wants to be UNIQUE. So for those far out players one can still be oneself.
    What i think should be done is just make the uber strong bows and all have the requirement ARCHER ONLY and vice versa with axes swords and staffs and wands !! but allow any class to use greens and oranges but keep purps and pinks to that class only !! PLEASE DEVS PLEASE WE NEED BALANCE ! BETWEEN CLASSES

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why do that? It's actually a great way to keep players (Specially me, and others with a simillar enjoyment of games) find fun in playing through in non-traditional ways. You'll get bored eventually, so why not be unique to keep yourself happy?

Also adds a better sense of community, as two characters built in the same quirky way= Instant-Friend. (From my experience. xD)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plainodd View Post
    Why do that? It's actually a great way to keep players (Specially me, and others with a simillar enjoyment of games) find fun in playing through in non-traditional ways. You'll get bored eventually, so why not be unique to keep yourself happy?

Also adds a better sense of community, as two characters built in the same quirky way= Instant-Friend. (From my experience. xD)
    I completely disagree, the only reason you should be bored is if the DEV's do not bring out good and lasting content, the game needs to get much more technical so that there will not be a chance even if gear is stuck to your respective class there will be no chance of getting boring or feeling like you are complete. This will make the game an ever ending process, what MMO's are supposed to be PVP will alleviate much of the issues, but will compound their rudimentary skill and armor set. The game however, is moving in the right direction, it just has a very very long way to go.
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom
    Guild Website - www.venom-guild.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia View Post
    I completely disagree, the only reason you should be bored is if the DEV's do not bring out good and lasting content, the game needs to get much more technical so that there will not be a chance even if gear is stuck to your respective class there will be no chance of getting boring or feeling like you are complete. This will make the game an ever ending process, what MMO's are supposed to be PVP will alleviate much of the issues, but will compound their rudimentary skill and armor set. The game however, is moving in the right direction, it just has a very very long way to go.
    Well, following a cookie-cutter style like everyone else appeals to me not. There's not a single game where I don't restrict myself for fun. xD

Sorry if I come off as rude, but this subject is questioning my enjoyment of this game in general (If it were to be removed), the whole crossbreeding thing doesn't really harm anyone, it just adds some flare. Now, what COULD be done, is that like suggested before in another thread, give each class a 10% bonus to their respective weapons so they're the dominant ones of their species' weapons of choice.

Then I can be left in my little corner alone to play quirky characters. And when guilds are added, I could create "Quirky", the guild of quirky characters. I think that sounds fun. xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This might solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerospacegod View Post
    I'm all for crossbreeds but why not give archers a 10% bonus with bows, a mage a 10% bonus with staffs, and warriors a 10% bonus with swords?
    http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50/EliteFlamin/atomicenergy-2.jpgHonored Master of The Crusaders of Legend PLoading --- Warrior --- Level 21 EliteFlamin --- Archer --- Level 47

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flamin View Post
    This might solve the problem.
    Which I mentioned in my post, as well.

To be honest, it's the solution to all the problems with "Crossbreeding".

And then we can all be happy and you guys can have a buff out of it, and I can go through and be happy because it wont be an issue.

Edit: Though, it's not really an issue to ME right now. The crossbreeding I do would be considered more of a self-nerf, so the affect on me isn't a problem, as long as weapons don't become specialized.

If that ever does happen, I'll be the first punching mage.
    Last edited by Plainodd; 05-04-2010 at 09:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I added some discussion material to my first post XD

But just to reiterate... don't change it unless some combination is too powerful (hence breaking PvP).
    I think bow bears are going to be PVP breaking >_>
    / oh hai~!
    /

IGN: Igglebob , Moondrake

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Except that their only awesome burst is when Rage is up x.x
    Venom Guild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Except that their only awesome burst is when Rage is up x.x
    If you quickly take out one of the other teams members while rage is up, then you stand a decent chance to win. Not to mention you can throw up evade and ironblood and hope rage comes back soon to take out another. If you have a warrior at you just stomp, ping pong, and then there is beckon for the runners who want to heal, ping pong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Except that with a 5 man team, taking out one person doesn't insta-flip the tables. Enchantresses still have Resurrect and all those fun spells ^^

A good Warrior would just beckon the Bow-Bear to him and then follow it with a SMS, HS and then Stomp.
    Venom Guild