Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PvP - And People Quitting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Default PvP - And People Quitting

It's getting quite irritating, in an hour I haven't finished ONE round. One team or the other just up and quits.

I suggest that if you quite before the round is over, you don't get any of your kills recorded (but you do get the deaths) and you can rejoin a PvP match for X minutes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

That would be fine, but I would appreciate if they didn't close off the game so quickly. What is happening is I join a game where I am outnumbered 4-1 and then nobody else joins the game at all. In CTF it keeps filling up, but in TDM they close off the game too quick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valsacar View Post
    It's getting quite irritating, in an hour I haven't finished ONE round. One team or the other just up and quits.

I suggest that if you quite before the round is over, you don't get any of your kills recorded (but you do get the deaths) and you can rejoin a PvP match for X minutes.
    +1. Also, like some PvP MMOs out there do, if you quit a game before its over you get locked out of the map for 10 minutes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

What if you just had an epic clash and the other team raises white flag, they all leave with their, say 20 kills, and don't get them, then another team joins while you wait for it to finish, and you end up having to leave with your 50 kills, because the other team is greater.
    Or if you're in the middle of a great class and need to maybe get a sorc and switch with rouge... That's just sad..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    +1. Also, like some PvP MMOs out there do, if you quit a game before its over you get locked out of the map for 10 minutes.
    That's alittle too rough for a phone game, since many players play on their phones, the game is meant to be played in short burst. So the 10 min lock out would definitely not work for this type of game.
    Gaining deaths but not the kills???!!!! That's outrageous. To spend time
    on one round of players getting good amounts of kills, but then mythic players come out and farm you. What else are you going to do... Just wait for them to farm you??...and just wait for, who knows how long, to Finnish scoring. By the end of the round, you'll probubly have more deaths then kills that way. People usually leave because they are being farmed/ constanly dieing or are being trashed talked. The flagers usually don't flag to 5 so they leave.
    I have to say TDM closes too quickly, and too often would I have to play 1v4, which I leave if there is no chance of me getting kills.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolf17 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Well, that would be unfair for the remaining teammates that didn't leave. If I'm in a room 5 on 5, and 3 people on my team leave, I'm not going to stay and get farmed.

And add wolf17 mentioned, the game can go on forever if people aren't flagging

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

For me, PvP is for fun, and I leave the arena when it stops being fun. I think players should have the freedom to do that. Not to mention, sometimes the reason for leaving is as simple as temporary disconnection, or device hung.

While I agree with the problem that this freedom is abused, I do not agree on the solution.
    .. RETIRED ..
    L31 PvE & L21 PvP
    ...Arcane Legends

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Wowsome For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Yes disconnection is a problem. .. wifi reset or server ping spikes... these are more frustrating. ..
    Hence agree with wowsome....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

You don't need to punish players for leaving, how about just giving them an incentive to stay. How about this: if your team is outnumbered, then each kill you get counts double -- or something like this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    You don't need to punish players for leaving, how about just giving them an incentive to stay. How about this: if your team is outnumbered, then each kill you get counts double -- or something like this.
    Ok, I'll admit this game is a bit softer and casual than most PvP games out there. Adding incentives as you mentioned is a good start to the discussion; double kills is not a good choice however because it will be exploited for LB farming.

What about a victory token for winning a CTF match? These tokens can be used to purchase special pets, gear, maybe even PvP-only pots?
    Last edited by Taejo; 06-26-2013 at 02:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    Ok, I'll admit this game is a bit softer and casual than most PvP games out there. Adding incentives as you mentioned is a good start to the discussion; double kills is not a good choice however because it will be exploited for LB farming.

What about a victory token for winning a CTF match? These tokens can be used to purchase special pets, gear, maybe even PvP-only pots?
    Yes, that's a better way to motivate players to actually play "CTF".
    .. RETIRED ..
    L31 PvE & L21 PvP
    ...Arcane Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Sure, disconnect suck, but really how often is that the reason?

If there is a penalty for leaving, then people are less likely to do so. Unless it's just so unbalanced a fight that they had no chance to get kills anyway, in which case you would be leaving with deaths and no kills anyway.

I've gone over an hour of playing TDM before actually having a match go to 20 kills. Most of the people quit after 1-2 deaths, without even trying to get better... there's even been times where there's 2 on my team, 4 on the other, and they all leave because we're working as a team and getting kills.

Most of that would be resolved by having a penalty for leaving early. Most of the arguments against a penalty, with the exception of the random disconnect, would not apply because you would either have gotten more deaths than kills anyway or people would be less likely to leave early (which is the entire purpose).

I would like to see the teams worked out better too, if I join a game where there's 3 on one team and 1 on the other I shouldn't be able to join the more full team, force things to have an even number of players. Or make it so that applies only after fighting as started (so you can join as a team), but no fighting can start until the teams are balanced (+/-1).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

It is valid.

I don't know why you say it isn't. If I'm overmatched because my team quit on me, I shouldn't be force to stay in the match to get farmed because otherwise I'll be loaded with deaths and not my kills.

I mean, I'm not a big KDR person myself. I don't really pay attention to them. Normally, I couldn't care less, but my stats are my stats and represent how I play the game. You can try to justify how a person "had no chance to get kills anyway", but there are certainly scenarios where this isn't the case. Scenarios that are not that uncommon I might add.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    It is valid.

I don't know why you say it isn't. If I'm overmatched because my team quit on me, I shouldn't be force to stay in the match to get farmed because otherwise I'll be loaded with deaths and not my kills.

I mean, I'm not a big KDR person myself. I don't really pay attention to them. Normally, I couldn't care less, but my stats are my stats and represent how I play the game. You can try to justify how a person "had no chance to get kills anyway", but there are certainly scenarios where this isn't the case. Scenarios that are not that uncommon I might add.
    My point is that if there was a penalty for leaving early, your situation would be less likely to happen. Currently there is nothing to punish, or prevent, the rest of your team leaving. That leaves you with the choice of gaining more deaths, or just leaving yourself. If there was a penalty for leaving, you wouldn't be in the situation of 4 v 1, so therefore you wouldn't (or would be unlikely) be in that position.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yeah its true for me when I lose my connection my pvp get kill was added just because I quit and I was try it join and quit again its started point for get kill

Sent from my Arcane Legends account Sherent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

People leaving sucks but unless the abysmal match making gets tweaked it not only has to be allowed but is the only option some have.

Stop if youve heard this before, youre a rogue join team red, for some reason everyone joins blue (despite the obvious loopsided team) you end up fighting two warriors, a mage and a rogue.

Nobody joins, why should you stay? Oh please yes kill me 20 times in a row by all means.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

One way to fix this is by the server creating the teams for us. You join a PvP map where it builds the red and blue teams based on classes and level. The only issue is that making a pre-made team is trivialized by the randomization.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wolf17 View Post
    That's alittle too rough for a phone game, since many players play on their phones, the game is meant to be played in short burst. So the 10 min lock out would definitely not work for this type of game.
    Gaining deaths but not the kills???!!!! That's outrageous. To spend time
    on one round of players getting good amounts of kills, but then mythic players come out and farm you. What else are you going to do... Just wait for them to farm you??...and just wait for, who knows how long, to Finnish scoring. By the end of the round, you'll probubly have more deaths then kills that way. People usually leave because they are being farmed/ constanly dieing or are being trashed talked. The flagers usually don't flag to 5 so they leave.
    I have to say TDM closes too quickly, and too often would I have to play 1v4, which I leave if there is no chance of me getting kills.
    why still go PVP if your scared when faced with mythic geared people.. when you go pvp you dont really start on the ground you start on the screen to choose which side to go.. most players choose majority side but afterwards the game changes when mythic geared people join the opposing side.. there you go saying bye bye when you got killed..

no point going pvp just go pve better..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I think it's better if you join the game (after choosing side) and you wanted to quit. You can but you can't join another match for about 5mins or 10mins to make it painful (no lock down just time frame before you can quit without getting a penalty which unable you to join for 5/10mins).. Most of the time we just spam pvp so in this case you can't do that continuously if you keep quiting all the time..

Also there should be a class balance were only 2 per class can join.. Auto team balance can also be implemented as long as there is an option to choose sides while inside the pvp (like in cs) .. So guild war is still possible.. Of course you can't change team if it's not balance.. And even if it's balance you can't join the other side because max of 2 per class is only allowed..
    Last edited by crazyangle03; 07-02-2013 at 10:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

people leave because of mythic lets say red team has 5 mythic players and 5 slags or gla
    blue team has only one mythic player and the rest are topped gear....it doesn't matter at this point the game is shut down leave the room and join another
    red team wins simple

"MYTHIC ARENA PVP" "NONE MYTHIC ARENA PVP"

SOUNDS MORE BALANCED HUH!? they wont do it tho -_-
    dont forget about arcane hammer ,hooks and so on

there is no such thing as a good player only mythics and arcane its like yugioh or magic the gathering
    if you have the best cards in those games you win plain and simple thats unless you miss play
    same goes for arcane legends if you miss play with the best gear in game i dont know what to tell you

thats why people leave so much and since last update mythic weaps dropped alot more ,so everyone with rouges n mages will own you
    Last edited by AKILIOS; 07-03-2013 at 12:24 AM.