Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Writing contest, deserving persons will get the prizes!!

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

My story is better

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legendfb View Post
    If you're bit good at writing then this contest is for you, prize is not high, but genuine.

This contest has four categories for now. All you have to do is write small good to read articles about PL, AL, DL, SL. There will be only one prize for each game article and that would be 300-500k depending quality of the articles, if you can impress me, expect higher price.

Point should be noted

1> These articles should not be in-depth rather in simple form, considering you're writing it for the peoples who don't play these game, just want a rough overview.

2> Few screen shots to explain things not necessary though. Don't just screen shot the logo or very common things.

3> Anything you post here should be written by you not copied from elsewhere.

4> If you get the prize, you must not use that particular story including the images anywhere else.

5> All prizes will be in PL gold form.

6>No need to hurry, take your time.

7> No bound though, 800-1500 words would be perfect.

8> There should be heading, sub headings etc. You can use color for headings only.

If you want any kinda negotiation or suggestion, let me know.

Also there may be few more terms that I can't remember atm.

There's no restriction on entries, any single person may win all the prizes i.e whooping 1.2-2M.

If the entries are not that standard I'm looking for, then, no one will get the prize.
    Guys, it's obvious what he's asking you to write about.
    There is a direct hint in his signature.

Oh, and about this part...
    If the entries are not that standard I'm looking for, then, no one will get the prize.
    He's expecting a whole dramatic epic written in cursive, guys. Fairy tales won't cut it for the bes burd.
    Last edited by Whirlzap; 07-07-2013 at 05:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Once upon a time there was game called Pocket Legends I decided to try it out. After a couple weeks I got hooked due to the best bird in the game, Waug, he tought me how to hide, buff, blast, spam and much more. They call him the best because he can afford a swift elite bow set. Thanks to him I get so many free kills. You should try it out someday ill help you level up so you can get free kills too.

The end

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

once upon in endgame peoples used to rage alot cuz somebody used to rush em, they rage and rage even they bring their friends and guilds to gang up but still they rage, don't know the mysterious point of the story, the story ended hoping one day they will grow up, ty

oops I did not participated , just had to tell a good story, enjoy. and just to remind these stories are absolutely invalid entries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Once upon a Time, There was a game name pocket legends, I tried it out. After a day I really love the game, I Met a Bird with orcish bow in L76 Pvp Who told me y He plays PL very often becuz He went to toilet very often (He plays while doing the thing) He says the reason he was easy was because everytime he is afraid he flushed the closet so he plays in one hand, That Bird name is Waug. The Beginning

-Extreme
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

^ umm sorry no then, as title suggest its writing contest. I hardly doubt anyone would enter seriously llolz, let's see
    Not many people like to read game reviews. They would rather see the game than read it.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

once upon in endgame peoples used to rage alot cuz somebody used to rush em, they rage and rage even they bring their friends and guilds to gang up but still they rage, don't know the mysterious point of the story, the story ended hoping one day they will grow up, ty

oops I did not participated , just had to tell a good story, enjoy. and just to remind these stories are absolutely invalid entries.
    Too many spelling mistakes sorry...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Once apon a time:

Three outlaws: Bird, Bear and Mage have to battle -

Me: Hey whats that
    My bud: A tablet...
    Me: I mean the app you dipstick.
    My bud: Oh its pocket legends.
    Me: You mean
    My bud: yes by spacetime bad @ss studios.
    Me: (Snatches IPad , moves to China)
    My bud: I'll cya in court.( goes on other iPad to see me.
    Me: (Mutes)
    Me: Just one more xp to cap.( battery dies) noooooooooooo. (Faints).
    (Cencored for Cursing Reasons)

---Year 2123.
    Everyone still trying to get to cap.
    The End
    Want to know where the treasure is burried? Here ill tell you.... www.thecommunityguild.com/apply.html
    Creator Credits go to Extreme.

Reputation and Thanks are serious business
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InternalNinja View Post
    Doc, Crim, Mystical, or Apollo win.
    They're bes at this kind of stuff.
    Dayum, first time I'm mentioned like that! Thanks.

TL: |AL|DL|PL|SL|BC|BD|
    Exps :|AL|DL|PL|SL|
    Other threads here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Simple Introduction to Pocket Legends:
    You don't know what Pocket Legends is? No? Well then you are missing out on a lot of fun. So here I am today telling you a way to make your life more fun.
    Now.. Where to begin? It's a big topic. Pocket Legends is a 3DMMO RPG multiplayer game that is free to play on almost any device. It is an App made by Spacetime Studios. It's is the first MMO on smartphones and tablets and also the best MMO. You can play on iPods, tablets, Smartphones, PCs, and basically everything with IOS, Android store, and Chrome web store.
    In this game you can chat with random people, your friends, and your guild. You can sell, trade and buy items that you want. There are levels in this game. Depending on what you level is you can go to many maps/places to fight and drop items in the world of Alterra.
    When you just start you get to pick out of 5 classes, enchantress, archer, warrior, ranger, or paladin. Its bit overwhelming at first but you can quickly get used to it. Your character has stats, and skills that you earn and can improve when you level up.
    From a level 1 that is not very knowing of this game you can reach the level cap of 76 and then you will be a mighty all knowing level 76 character.
    There is much to tell, but not all the details of this game can fit into a few paragraphs. These other details, you can learn through out your journey in Alterra! Have fun!
    Last edited by Anatroak; 07-08-2013 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Misspelled words

Proud master of <Tailed Beasts>Fearifale L41 Kurramaa L23| Pocket Legends: Anatraok-lvl 76 Shikimi lvl75

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Pocket Legends

Developer(s) Spacetime Studios

Engine Spacetime Engine

Platform(s) iOS Android, Adobe Flash, Google chrome nacl

Release date(s) iOS: April 3rd, 2010 Android: 11 November 2010

Genre(s) MMORPG Fantasy

Mode(s) Player vs Environment Player vs Player

Distribution Digital distribution

Pocket Legends From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pocket Legends is an iOS and Android mobile 3D MMO developed by Spacetime Studios (STS). It has variously been described as the first cross-platform, mobile 3D MMO.

Gameplay

Pocket Legends is a level-based CORPG (Co-Operative Role-Playing Game) similar in design to PC MMO Diablo II for Dungeon crawl gameplay and traditional side-quests found in other MMOs. [2] Each level is chosen from a central hub menu of currently hot-joinable games hosted by other players or an option to host a newly created, player mission. Each mission consists of an instanced level that can hold from between 1-5 players simultaneously, for solo or cooperative play online. Each mission contains several sub-levels designed around a common theme within the lore and world-background story of the Fantasy World Of Alterra, all hosted by a single server with multiple versions of levels (5 player limit) and social area zones, called Townes (25 player limit), running concurrently. Standard MMO features include: Global Chat, Friend List and Trading of virtual items. [3]

Co-Operative Story Mode

Is a RPG Player vs Environment (PvE) Level-Clearing: system. Players (avatars) form cooperative teams involving the primary objectives of clearing levels of AI-controlled monsters, collecting item drops and finding treasure chests for gold coins. Players can advance their skill abilities and equipment to aid them exploring the world of Arterra either through inter-connected portals or using the menu-system of hot-joinable games currently in progress. Advances in players experiences points (xp) leads to raising levels and gaining access to more challenging campaigns and end of level boss monsters where greater emphasis on teamplay and timing of use of combat skills becomes necessary.

Quests: Players can talk to Notable Non-Playable Characters (NPC's) and accept Quests to follow the game's story. This side content to the main PvE mode of Level-Clearing, includes a total of 213 unique quests for completing and involve such tasks as kill, fetch and find and rescue quests taken by finding friendly NPC's quest-givers and accepting their challenges in return for rewards such as items and gold coins. Different parts of the land of Arterra are linked by portals and sign-posts to create a connected world for exploration as well as "dungeon-runs". [4]

Competitive Player vs Player

Player vs Player (PvP) is an instanced game, separate from PvE except that the same player characters and statistical builds are used in both game modes. Due to level differences, two popular forms of PvP are "Endgame PvP" for maximum level players and "Twinking" for characters at maximum level within their respective level ranges. Player goals are to improve their PvP statistics by improving their "kills/deaths ratios" and to improve their PvP ability in both 1v1 and group formats. Competitions and tournaments are organized and player-run on the STS Forums.

Arena PvP involves two teams of players of either 1v1 or 3v3 or 5v5, identified as either the red or blue team. Teams acquire one point per player killed on the opposite team and the first team to score ten kills wins.

Capture-The-Flag PvP involves two teams with the aim of running a flag without dropping it (being killed) across an arena to score points.

Campaigns

The main spine, which was made free during Pocket Legends' one year anniversary celebration, allows players to progress from level 1 to 76, the current level cap. Side maps, such as Wyldwood, Sandstone Caves, Croc Feud, Skeller Krunch Returns, Frozen Nightmares, and Shadow Caves are also free.

Campaign Min. Level Max. Level Forest Haven 1 13 Dark Forest 8 18 Balefort Castle 13 23 Fathom Crypts 18 28 Lost Expedition 23 33 Ancient Swamps 28 38 Alien Oasis 1 33 43 Alien Oasis 2 38 48 Alien Oasis 3 43 53 Balefort Sewers 48 58 Nuri's Hallows 52 63 Mount Fang 58 68 Humania 63 73 Blacksmoke Mountain 68 76

Classes

There are five different classes in Pocket Legends: Enchantress, Avian, Ranger, Paladin, and Ursan. Each comes with a set of twelve skills. Each skill can be upgraded up to 9 times for characters level 65 and above, and up to 6 times for characters level 64 and below, using skill points that you gain by leveling; one level is equal to one skill point. By end game, not all the skills are able to be maxed, allowing for different "builds" to be used. When an attribute point is maximized for the corresponding Archetype Classes this "Build" produces a classic triumvirate of MMO's: Ursan = Tank; Avian = DPS/Single Target; Enchantress = AOE Nuke/Healer; Ranger = Close Combat DPS; Paladin = Tank/Support. By spending points on atypical attributes a hybrid build is achieved. Additionally splitting attributes between 2 categories produces a Dual-Spec Build.

Attribute Ursan Avian Enchantress Paladin Ranger Strength Pure Warbird Pally Rhino Fox Dexterity Dex-Bear Pure Dex-Mage Rhino Fox Intelligence Int-Bear Nerdy-Birdie Pure Rhino Fox

Statistical Attributes: The above table demonstrates the core game play in Pocket Legends of stacking attribute points towards a particular statistic to maximize character statistics such as health, strength, percentage chance to dodge or hit an enemy and more that can lead to optimal "builds" enhanced by item customization (below).

Skill Combos: In addition each class can produce combinations of skills for bonus damage between two skills from the same class (small bonus), two skills from two different classes (medium bonus) and three skills from three different classes (large bonus); these are called skill "combos" and along with other combat numbers are visually displayed on screen for performance feedback for players skill use in combat.

Class Skill 1 Skill 2 Combo Name Ursan Beckon Stomp Smash Enchantress Frostbite (or any ice proc) Firestorm Hot Flash Avian Shattering Scream Blast Shot Cruel Blast Palladin Charge!! Redemption Juiced Ranger Rabid Bite Hamstring Slam

Items

The Item Rarity Index as follows, from most common to rarest: Grey (Trash), White (Common), Orange (Uncommon), Green (Rare), Purple (Epic), Pink (Legendary), Dark Purple (Elite). Certain items are more rare than their color suggests because they have been discontinued. Examples are certain holiday items obtained in holiday maps only available once a year. There is also a Light Blue rarity for vanity items, which replace the appearance of your standard gear. There are also newly added elite weapons which are a dark purple color

In addition, there are item sets. These offer exclusive set bonuses to increase player stats and can be identified on other characters by sparkles emitting from their body. End game dungeons (levels 50-66) holds the bulk of items sets in the game.

Pricing

The Pocket Legends application is both free to download and play. The maps which compose the "main spine" of content, which allows progression from level 1 to maximum level, is free. Some additional, premium content ranging from extra maps to character upgrades/adjustments and vanities are purchased through the use of Platinum. Platinum is the premium, in game credit used by developer Spacetime Studios to facilitate these transactions. Platinum purchase is not mandatory, however to successfully compete with top players it is almost necessary to spend large amounts of platinum on elixirs. In addition to purchasing Platinum credits, free Platinum may be earned through third party service provider.

Development

Pre-Release

During 2009, STS invested time experimenting with the iOS applicatons during self-publishing games such as Shotgun granny under the moniker of ClockRocket Games and decided a Mobile MMO is achievable on this platform using the spacetime engine. [5] Work began in October 2009 and completed the underlying mechanics of a new IP called Pocket Legends in January 2010 [6] On April 3rd, 2010, Spacetime Studios released Pocket Legends in a stripped-down but fully functional and soundly performing mobile mmorpg onto Apple's App Store. [7] In September 2010 Spacetime Studios updates the app regularly Spacetime and announces multiplatform support including the Android platform with Investment from Insight Venture Partners. [8] In April 2011, Spacetime Studios celebrates the anniversary of its fantasy mobile mmo, Pocket Legends release. [9]

Post-Release

For the first 12 months of release from April 2010-11, Pocket Legends was updated over 200 times and patched on average x1.7 daily. Such statistics include both iOS app store approval submissions, Android market updates and live patches for smaller updates directly using the Spacetime Engine. [10] An example of the first four months post-release development includes: x4 New Maps, New game mode PvP, New Features: World Map, Townes, customization and optimizations and bug fixes. [4][11]

Technical Requirements

Pocket Legends is an Online game requiring an internet connection over Wi-Fi or Mobile Broadband (EDGE & 3G). Most specifications of iOS & Android Smartphone/Tablet devices utilizing a Multi-touch Touchscreen GUI are compatible. Pocket Legends utilizes a single Cross-Platform Server to host all games, globally.

Reception

Pocket Legends was released to positive critical reception and reviews across major games publication sources. Amongst others, Pocket Legends received, "best app/multiplayer game" awards from bestappever.com, [12] Pocket Legends was nominated for "Top 10 Most Innovative MMOs of 2010" alongside such games as EVE Online and World of Warcraft by mmorpg.com website [13] and Spacetime Studios was voted one of the top 50 development studios working on mobile gaming platforms by PocketGamer. [14] In 2010 for the first time, Game Developers Conference (GDC) hosted a "Smartphone Summit" including a presentation by Chief Vision Officer at STS, Cinco Barnes, and again in 2011 on "Mobile Design", in recognition of the growing development of games on this platform and the projected $1 billion in revenues expected for 2011 from social gaming. [15][16] Wired reporting on an article by technology website "Electricpig", stating that STS was generating revenues of $8,000 per day,

~ "making it a shoo-in for six-figure earnings in the not-too-distant future.". [17]

On the anniversary of the game's launch, Gamasutra described Pocket Legends as:

~ "Pocket Legends is the world’s largest 3D Mobile MMO available in the App Store (for the iPhone,iPod touch, and iPad) and the Android Market. Pocket Legends has quickly proved to be popular with both the public and press, gathering praise from the most important publications in the industry." [18]

Latest figures for the app include over 5 million downloads in over 200 territories as of May, 2011. [10]

I'll collect my prize now please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Josh......... .-.

Too thorough lol.

Reputation and Thanks are serious business
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts

^Now THIS is Wiki-tastic!

TL: |AL|DL|PL|SL|BC|BD|
    Exps :|AL|DL|PL|SL|
    Other threads here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DocDoBig View Post
    ^Now THIS is Wiki-tastic!
    So original right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

@joshtheboss, you were going right until you copied it from Wikipedia, according to the rules I mentioned it should not be copied from anywhere else. It must be your own. Even you can't copy images from anywhere else except screen shotted from the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Land of Alterra.
    You step forth in a land of magic and honor. A strong Ursan with a mighty Savage Scythe, or an Enchantess with a Sun Goddess wand defeating hundreds of foes with who else? Your best friends! Even those who will become your friends!
    Your party first steps foot in the Forest Haven. After a brief discussion with the sheriff you have your quest and must purge Alterra of evil. Conquering the land one quest at a time, one enemy twice as nasty as the last, and bosses that would make the toughest Ursan's knees shake.
    Skeller Krunch, the skeleton with the most attitude, gives you a run for your money, but the strength of your party's Mega Combo sends him crumbling. Another victory for Alterra.
    From dangerous swamps to the most lovely ocean beaches, the land is threatened by evil forces. Take the fight from an alien infested desert to the dreaded Blacksmoke Mountain, and even take down a few vampires who inhabit Mount Fang.
    All while building your character to ground breaking strength and power. Which of five amazing character classes will you choose from? Which skills will you choose? How will you customize for optimum efficiency? All your choice. All your destiny. Hand crafted by you!
    Like no other world, the world of Pocket Legends holds challenges any aspiring adventurer would proudly take on. From the most experienced warrior to those who are first are aiming their bows, Alterra gives an experience like no other.
    So raise your sword, cast that spell and prepare for an adventure the likes the world has never seen! For Alterra!
    -By KingDlo.
    Last edited by KingDLo; 07-09-2013 at 06:13 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Pocket legends rocks! The end.Name:  Screenshot_2013-07-05-06-36-43.png
Views: 353
Size:  482.4 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The Story

In the legendary land of Alterra, there were five that were destined to become heroes of their time. An archer, an enchantress, a warrior, a ranger , and a paladin. During that time war was raging and monsters erupted out of nowhere to kill the people and raid their homes. Alterra became a wasteland filled to every corner with zombies, vampires, skeletons, and such. As all stories go five heroes rose to rid the land of the evil that invaded the country.

The game

You can become one of the heroes to rid the land of the evil. Created by Spacetime Studios Pocket Legends is a Co-op 3DMMO RPG game that captivates all those who seek adventure. In your journey you can fight dragons, trolls, vampires, aliens, and much much more. Along your journey you will pick up new and better equipment that improve your chances in defeating any minion or boss. Continuing on your jouney makes new quests avaliable. these give you items or gold to anything you may want like potions, elixirs, and items. Each character has different skills that you can acquire over time. Trade, sell, and buy cool sets and equipment to make your character look awesome.
    And guess what? Pocket Legends is a FREE game. Try it out and you will love it.
    Last edited by Anatroak; 07-09-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Proud master of <Tailed Beasts>Fearifale L41 Kurramaa L23| Pocket Legends: Anatraok-lvl 76 Shikimi lvl75

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wretchedwrath View Post
    Pocket legends rocks! The end.Name:  Screenshot_2013-07-05-06-36-43.png
Views: 353
Size:  482.4 KB
    A picture is a thousand words... genius!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

So if I post 1,000 picture it means I have 1,000,000 words?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20