Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: "The Hero of Legend" future Achievement

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    correct, the fact that it can only be completed once per character is the reason they are planned to be non-tradeable. It's going to be very shiny and it needs to feel like something special to get it. Allowing players to trade it trivializes the title reward, and the value of the gear once upgraded. We also don't want high level players exploiting the system by "manufacturing" these upgraded sets for the market. Limiting it in this way allows us more head room to make them beefy and worthwhile.
    how about an old version vanity of the mythic since many will upgrade them. I just love the art style..not really the stats..Much love
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #22
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

hmmmm I can look into creating a vanity version of the original Mythic armor and helm pieces as part of completing the quests. I will have to converse with others about it before I can commit to an idea but that's very interesting, and something we could do.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

so even though they are untradable and even though they may cycle out 41-46 cap...
    they are gonna be hella strong n nice looking for the 2-3 months before next expand
    so people with the set will see a big difference i bet
    good idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

hmmmm I can look into creating a vanity version of the original Mythic armor and helm pieces as part of completing the quests. I will have to converse with others about it before I can commit to an idea but that's very interesting, and something we could do.
    Thanks for hearing me out cara,
    Now earning it would be sweet...but give 2 options..those who wish to earn it..or flat out buy the puppy.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

wat if u only have helm or armour, can u please make each item upgradable not fair to non full myth userrs. like questline for helm n questline for armour

7. The Following User Says Thank You to okahef For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by okahef View Post
    wat if u only have helm or armour, can u please make each item upgradable not fair to non full myth userrs. like questline for helm n questline for armour
    Great idea! And maybe if you only completed one of the quests you could get the title "Hero of sorta legend"

This is bramer - signing out
    Let's make kids

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

correct, the fact that it can only be completed once per character is the reason they are planned to be non-tradeable. It's going to be very shiny and it needs to feel like something special to get it. Allowing players to trade it trivializes the title reward, and the value of the gear once upgraded. We also don't want high level players exploiting the system by "manufacturing" these upgraded sets for the market. Limiting it in this way allows us more head room to make them beefy and worthwhile.
    Ok fair enough! However, you could allow them to be tradeable and still limit the quest to one per character. This would allow me to sell it after I'm done using it (maybe when I reach level 46). I'm sure the upgraded set would have good value as a level 36 twink pvp set. That would allow me to get some return on my large investment. Otherwise it just becomes gold spent with no chance to sell off the items later on.

I still think back to my PL quest items like the level 71 elite axe and my level 50 quest set (forgot the name) that sits in the stash unused because better items are now available. It would have been nice to be able to sell them in the auction, and it would have been nice for other players to be able to buy them. Instead they are just taking up space as I will never use them again (if I ever play PL again but that's a subject for another discussion...)

In the end I'm sure there will be level 36 PvP twinks that would like to just buy mythic armor & helm set. If they are going to stay at level 36 to do PvP, they won't care about achievement points or being on the achievement point leaderboards. They would just want to buy the gear they need. I really think you should reconsider this.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 07-17-2013 at 07:18 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

wow it will b cool, if u make vanity version of mythic armours, btw to get the afformentioned vanity, do we need mythic armour nd helm?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

So can u still run through quest line without mythics? I enjoy doing quests to be honest to mix it up. I mean there aren't that many ppl with both mythics but millions of players who probably want to do the quest line itself. Just I guess the reward can be a chest or something and later if u get both pieces u can do true quest

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #30
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stackz View Post
    So can u still run through quest line without mythics? I enjoy doing quests to be honest to mix it up. I mean there aren't that many ppl with both mythics but millions of players who probably want to do the quest line itself. Just I guess the reward can be a chest or something and later if u get both pieces u can do true quest
    Currently there are no plans to support the questline availability without having both of your classes mythic pieces. Nothing is set in stone however, and over time we may decide to revisit that. For launch of the campaign however it will most likely be limited to players who have the mythics, and are at the level cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Ok fair enough! However, you could allow them to be trade-able and still limit the quest to one per character. This would allow me to sell it after I'm done using it (maybe when I reach level 46). I'm sure the upgraded set would have good value as a level 36 twink pvp set. That would allow me to get some return on my large investment. Otherwise it just becomes gold spent with no chance to sell off the items later on.
    Moving forward into later content we may make the upgraded sets tradeable and/or stashable, but that will be determined at a later time. Something we will keep in mind moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGunX View Post
    wow it will b cool, if u make vanity version of mythic armours, btw to get the afformentioned vanity, do we need mythic armour nd helm?
    As a follow up, we discussed internally the idea of adding a vanity. Initial idea was to grant you the vanity version as a part of receiving the upgraded version. Selling it as a vanity would be misleading because it is iconic of a certain expectation of a players skill or investment in the game. A way of sizing up your allies in PvE, or assessing their damage in PvP. Ultimately this would be a detriment.

We will continue to think on it, but as it stands right now the Mythic look is still tied to gameplay and status within the community and we don't want to potentially mess with that at this time.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Currently there are no plans to support the questline availability without having both of your classes mythic pieces. Nothing is set in stone however, and over time we may decide to revisit that. For launch of the campaign however it will most likely be limited to players who have the mythics, and are at the level cap.

Moving forward into later content we may make the upgraded sets tradeable and/or stashable, but that will be determined at a later time. Something we will keep in mind moving forward.

As a follow up, we discussed internally the idea of adding a vanity. Initial idea was to grant you the vanity version as a part of receiving the upgraded version. Selling it as a vanity would be misleading because it is iconic of a certain expectation of a players skill or investment in the game. A way of sizing up your allies in PvE, or assessing their damage in PvP. Ultimately this would be a detriment.

We will continue to think on it, but as it stands right now the Mythic look is still tied to gameplay and status within the community and we don't want to potentially mess with that at this time.
    You guys didn't even blink to make the upgraded sets untradable, yet you assume that the vanity pieces would be deceptive because they would be tradable? This logic boggles the mind and seems like a scheme to get top players to lose their money and buy more plats in future expansions. At the very least with the way things are now, make the mythic vanities untradable and put the upgraded set's future on the table to trade.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Is their a chance Hooks/Maul would be upgradable too? on the condition that they will also become permanently untradeable after the upgrade.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    Is their a chance Hooks/Maul would be upgradable too? on the condition that they will also become permanently untradeable after the upgrade.
    i hope its will not b upgadeble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The surprising part of the announcement seems to be the fact that there will be a "questline" involved to upgrade them and also achievements and a rather catchy title to go along with it.
    "The Hero of Legend" - doesn't Gustav said something about on intro to boss fight in Rooks Nest in front of teleport? ...
    I'm guessin boss armor also looks somehow familiar

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #35
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

The potential exists, but is currently not planned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Since I doubt anyone would plan to sell their sets during this expansion anyway, this sounds like a reasonable idea. Only after they becomes outdated do I think anyone is going to want to sell it. But at that point I think we should be able to.

Or here is another idea.... They could be a component of some future quest of crafting. For example, maybe at level 46 cap there are new Mythic armors and helms that drop. And maybe you can go to an NPC crafter and upgrade those sets to Arcane items if you turn in your level 36 set. It could fit with a storyline -- the blacksmith uses the materials from the level 36 set to upgrade the level 46 set to Arcane.

Just make them useful for something in the future, because I hate having old items that are no longer useful but also cannot be sold. It's just a waste of space, and is especially frustrating when you had put so much money or time invested to get those items.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 07-19-2013 at 12:41 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Since I doubt anyone would plan to sell their sets during this expansion anyway, this sounds like a reasonable idea. Only after they becomes outdated do I think anyone is going to want to sell it. But at that point I think we should be able to.

Or here is another idea.... They could be a component of some future quest of crafting. For example, maybe at level 46 cap there are new Mythic armors and helms that drop. And maybe you can go to an NPC crafter and upgrade those sets to Arcane items if you turn in your level 36 set. It could fit with a storyline -- the blacksmith uses the materials from the level 36 set to upgrade the level 46 set to Arcane.

Just make them useful for something in the future, because I hate having old items that are no longer useful but also cannot be sold. It's just a waste of space, and is especially frustrating when you had put so much money or time invested to get those items.
    This

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

22.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #38
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

thanks for all the feedback guys!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

The potential exists, but is currently not planned.
    A glimpse of hope!

maybe for once all 3 classes will be on par with l.36 arcane weps