Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Hooks - Upgraded?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I just don't understand, why wouldn't give slight nerf to legendary bows/daggers instead of buffing hooks!? Would make everyone happy, I guess..

AL: Insomniack [lvl36 Warrior]
    PL: Skitbang [lvl16 Bear]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Insomniack View Post
    I just don't understand, why wouldn't give slight nerf to legendary bows/daggers instead of buffing hooks!? Would make everyone happy, I guess..
    Because there's already not much wiggle room and who would want the common pinks to be even less effective than they already are in PvE?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valsacar View Post
    Since we want to play the "quote the devs" game, don't forget they also said that more rare does NOT equal best.

Yes, I'm too lazy to go find the quote right now.
    However, they also said that these are the top of the line. Of course more rare doesn't equal best, that's why there's compromises & discontinued items. However, many players were led to believe according to this quote that arcane items would last the lifetime that developers stated they would last (which also account for the large price of them).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Bump... it seems hooks are no longer the best in their class for the expansions promised. An explanation would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #65
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

I posted this in another thread and thought it would go fine here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Arcane weapons are a moment in time. Just like someone who buys a PS3 when they first come out. They know a PS4 will be coming someday, but right now, the PS3 is the new hotness. The Rogue Hooks were the new hotness in Kraken just as the Maul was the new hotness in Nordr. There is no guarantee, written or implied, that they will ever be changed. Right now, we don't have plans for changing or upgrading Arcane weapons.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

but you guys said arcanes are meant to be best for 3 expansions. This is the 3rd and it is no longer best

In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ujiolo View Post
    but you guys said arcanes are meant to be best for 3 expansions. This is the 3rd and it is no longer best
    Agreed & it just barely was the best in the Nordr expansion (actually I think mountains teeth of brutality was in fact better)

Devs honored there word with the mythic bow but tbh I didn't really like the solution & besides do we really want arcane hooks buffed and ALL daggers that are better than it nerfed? Tbh I don't want a 36 Legendart dagger being weaker than a 26 arcane Dagger :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

That's all fine and dandy, but then why would developers misinform players by stating that they would last for three expansions? Something should be done in order to make it right.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I totally don't understand what STS thinking (of course I know they are working really hard) , because once all lvl35+ items become better than mythic and arcane. what is the point to get/buy them then..??
    Why we need to pay plat to open the locked again..?? Look at the market can tell, no one want to pay lot $$ to get just gain a bit mythic or arcane now.. that why lot ppl that I know they stop open locked...

Arcane Legends

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MayaNatsume For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

True but when people are buying a PS3 they are getting a PS3 and not a PS2 or PS1.
    How this relates to the game you ask?

Craters are I would consider the biggest shareholders/investors/contributors/supporters/or w/e u want to call it in this game.
    To be fair and to respect these guys doesn't it seem wrong to include gear that has diminishing value and is considered somewhat useless now in the current expansion.
    If I looted a hook now I would be thinking, "why couldn't I get a staff or a maul or a samael"

Actually this is exactly you guys have been doing with the expansion themed gear discontinuing the old gear when new season approaches.
    So why can't you do the same for the hooks?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

No worries, that why ppl go for xbox...because sony never listen from players....

Arcane Legends

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

RIP arcane hooks..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by saiyen View Post
    RIP arcane hooks..
    Eh... Not really, because they still drop.

If they're going to play that game, remove them from crates then. -_-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne:1246437

Arcane weapons are a moment in time. Just like someone who buys a PS3 when they first come out. They know a PS4 will be coming someday, but right now, the PS3 is the new hotness. The Rogue Hooks were the new hotness in Kraken just as the Maul was the new hotness in Nordr. There is no guarantee, written or implied, that they will ever be changed. Right now, we don't have plans for changing or upgrading Arcane weapons.
    Its like the label says PS3 but inside the box, its a PS1...
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Sam, also, what should be considered is that Sony doesn't assure its customers that the PS3 would last a specific number of years and then release the PS4 earlier. In this case, developers put a figure on these items, thereby misleading customers. Players open crates for these items, Sam. If they are stated to last 3 expansions, then they SHOULD last 3 expansions. The answer you gave us right now is "deal with it", pretty much when in reality, if there was a statement that they would last 3 expansions, this is an issue we should not be dealing with.

However, I do understand the immense amount of workload y'all are going through right now, so rather than avoiding the issue but giving us some sort of time frame assuring those that own these expensive items (mainly obtained through locked crates) that this issue will be taken care of would be great.

Thanks,

A loyal customer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I made a similar thread the other day.

I'm a hooks owner who just got lucky opening some crates,that's it. With that said I think EVERY Arcane weapon should be the best of its class for every class, period.

It's not like this game is in abundance in Arcanes and Mythics, not exactly a lot of variety so they should all be upgradeable in the same vein as the armor/helm to avoid OP twinking.

Furthermore Hooks aren't even good for PVP (except vs a warrior one on one which rarely happens).

The whole "it's mages time now" argument is silly, no class should have their "best" item become an afterthought, in an ideal world all three items release at the same time, but they didn't.

This little debacle with the mythics and arcanes becoming pretty much regular items in a way is saying "FU" to the supporters. Most mythics and arcanes come from locked crates, by you not giving them their due treatment and choosing to just them marginally better (if not simply worse) to new pinks, you're essentially rewarding the people who never invest in plat (or work hard for gold for those "elite" items).

With all that said and the Hooks (or other arcane items in general when their time comes) can become afterthoughts at the very least remove them from locked crates, its disrespectful for the craters (who actually give money to the game) to have their plat go to the possibility of looting a worthless item.

Since we are not sure how crate looting works we are going by assumption you could have gotten another arcane in place of that devalued one and even then I simply as a crater don't want the odd there of going for a PS4 only to find a PS1, either all in or all out don't want a "consolation level" arcane.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terracio View Post
    I made a similar thread the other day.

I'm a hooks owner who just got lucky opening some crates,that's it. With that said I think EVERY Arcane weapon should be the best of its class for every class, period.

It's not like this game is in abundance in Arcanes and Mythics, not exactly a lot of variety so they should all be upgradeable in the same vein as the armor/helm to avoid OP twinking.

Furthermore Hooks aren't even good for PVP (except vs a warrior one on one which rarely happens).

The whole "it's mages time now" argument is silly, no class should have their "best" item become an afterthought, in an ideal world all three items release at the same time, but they didn't.

This little debacle with the mythics and arcanes becoming pretty much regular items in a way is saying "FU" to the supporters. Most mythics and arcanes come from locked crates, by you not giving them their due treatment and choosing to just them marginally better (if not simply worse) to new pinks, you're essentially rewarding the people who never invest in plat (or work hard for gold for those "elite" items).

With all that said and the Hooks (or other arcane items in general when their time comes) can become afterthoughts at the very least remove them from locked crates, its disrespectful for the craters (who actually give money to the game) to have their plat go to the possibility of looting a worthless item.

Since we are not sure how crate looting works we are going by assumption you could have gotten another arcane in place of that devalued one and even then I simply as a crater don't want the odd there of going for a PS4 only to find a PS1, either all in or all out don't want a "consolation level" arcane.
    Thank you.

Either give us the life expectancy specifically stated by the developers or discontinue them from crates. I am fine with either option.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

I guess it was just a misunderstanding. They didnt planned to make hooks the best weapon in s5. I think 7 months its quite long amount of time.

U cant have some items to be the best for whole time. Economy is not in a good shape already and this will give it a death blow.

Yes remove from crates, so when u r spending plat u wil not feeling miserable getting them, but keep in elite golde pirate chests, so they can still be lootable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uzii View Post
    I guess it was just a misunderstanding. They didnt planned to make hooks the best weapon in s5. I think 7 months its quite long amount of time.

U cant have some items to be the best for whole time. Economy is not in a good shape already and this will give it a death blow.

Yes remove from crates, so when u r spending plat u wil not feeling miserable getting them, but keep in elite golde pirate chests, so they can still be lootable.
    It wasn't a misunderstanding though. They specifically stated that they would be the best of their class for 3 seasons. However, this was not and is not the case. Heck, they barely survived their second season with many considering the mountain teeth daggers to be better due to higher damage.

The point is, arcane and mythics are where they earn their money. Due to this, if players open many crates while being assured these highly sought after items will last 3 seasons, for arcane, and 2 seasons, for mythics, then that is exactly how long they should last. Otherwise, us customers feel a little betrayed when that is not the case.

22.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #80
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

We'll look at them and make them competitive with Realm of Shadows pink daggers, but just barely. This is the last expansion they should be able to compete and as such, they wont be leaps and bounds better than other daggers.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Swede For This Useful Post: