Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fairplay in PvP

Robhawk

Default fairplay in PvP

There is NO fairplay by 90% of all players!

There IS joining 1on3s, 1on4s, they even jooiinnn to a 5 oonn ZERO WTH!
    There IS gangin
    There IS killing if someones typing
    There IS 1 guy flaggin and the rest of the team facing a x-1 vs x
    There IS a guy shooting Trulle instead of helping the team

You know what? Im done with fairplay, im done with joining to make even teams!

I`ll join the better team, i`ll gang! Gonna be good for my stats, cause thats the only thing that counts? Honour/Fairness? lmao TYN!
    Last edited by Robhawk; 09-10-2013 at 08:10 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I use the fairplay approach, but I suppose that explains my mediocre KDR.

I am also the type that doesn't bail when we lose the advantage - I try to play out the match, which is unfortunate because there are matches where I get absolutely trampled 5v3 or 3v1. I must admit that it is super satisfying when I can wipe out the opposing team 3v1, so I press on for those rare moments when it happens :-)

I do agree, it seems that everyone is so focused on KDR and leaderboard status that it encourages this type of behavior. It's just unfortunate. On the otherhand, my stick-to-it-iveness has made me many friends and a lot of respect in the arena, so fairplay and taking your lumps isn't such a bad thing in the end.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

You may compare the kdrs with those on lb for further analysis.huge gap between kill death means they might be farming noobs.close gap might mean they don't easily flee from a match.might not be 100prcnt accurate but its a good start to evaluate a player until u see their pattern and gaming approach.and negative kdr does not mean they are stupid nor smart.

I agree that these days finding a good room with good sports ain't easy.to mk matter worse with dmg ability now owned by other classes ppl simply going nuts about killing which lead to ganging spawning etc.gone the days whr a 5v5 require some thoughts or strategy.ignore the trash talk since its a competitive play tht involve real ppl tht is hardly avoided now.worse if u r being hit in such manner u hit em back.being nice has its price and we being human can't mantain that calmness all the time.

Honour is what fueling this game and its people for a better experience.but honestly this season so far very few can mantain that.many newnpvpers restarting the vicious cycle of killing and damaging other players coz that's what they think pvp is all about.don't matter to creste enemies etc.n not all previous pvpers are joining the room coz if they do things might change.I hope in time the pvp scene that is playingbfor honour in positive manner will be restored.
    semi-retired

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

I really feel like chivalry is useless in PvP...in 5v5s, its courteous to wait in the middle, and once both teams are ready, say 'game' or something. Ofc, that's bs when you're sitting around chatting n waiting for the other team to rg and they come charging around the corner without a word of warnin. Bah.

Of course, joining the side with the lesser numbers in PvP (except when a fellow officer is on the larger team - guild rules) has got my kdr pretty much negative. Times when I'm facing a maul and refuse to run...ho hum, that's given me my fair share of deaths.

Nothing to be done about the issue though. There will always be players who want to up their kdr and run when the going gets tough. I have this saying that sums stuff up...'When the going gets tough, the tough get going.' I wont point fingers, but at leleast a few are lb players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

hmm lets start with what room did you join in? is it TDM or Flag room.

if it is flag - the rules are simple kill the other team and get the flag and score. there is not rules use strategy that will make you win. that game is not about killing only. i think you guys miss-out the concept of the pvp room you joined.

You join Capture Flags -meaning the concept of this room is to get the Flag!

2nd team death match. now this room is all about killing. the concept is what team can reach 20kills.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solution is space time need to create another pvp room for team match.

game concept 5-5 team match.
    game will start when each team got 5 players same level.
    there is one way map that leads to the middle.
    then when you die you will resurrect to spawn area but you cant join until one team is whipeout.
    Then the system will score blue or read team 1 point.

this is the only solution can think of to have a fair pvp game. so people dont keep on whining and crying iv been gang huhuh!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Daddyblu For This Useful Post:

Robhawk

I dont get respect in PvP cause i cant shut my mouth and i ALLWAYS end up trashtalkin to those easyteam joiners... A lot of ppl started hating me because of my confrontation... they hate me cause i want a good and even game! So TY - this is history!
    If there is a player on enemy team i know and like i wont gang, i wont kill if typing all others -> TY!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    I dont get respect in PvP cause i cant shut my mouth and i ALLWAYS end up trashtalkin to those easyteam joiners... A lot of ppl started hating me because of my confrontation... they hate me cause i want a good and even game! So TY - this is history!
    If there is a player on enemy team i know and like i wont gang, i wont kill if typing all others -> TY!
    LOL rob its ok to gang. you just gang me while ago lol... and its fine... the concept of the room is Ctf (capture the flag)
    you can do what ever strategy suits you.. lol

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Sprtcuz View Post
    LOL rob its ok to gang. you just gang me while ago lol... and its fine... the concept of the room is Ctf (capture the flag)
    you can do what ever strategy suits you.. lol
    Then its a thing of what u call ganging... for me ganging is stepping into enemy spawn room with 4 or 5 guys and take out 1! A fight 4vs3 and the 4 players has no tank, the 3 players team has 1 or more is not ganging... if it ends up in a 1on4 still no gang - it was a good fight!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

There is no fairplay when PvP. The strong stands, the weak dies.
    I wish I were me.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Maunyabastian For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maunyabastian View Post
    Actually, u mean the ones that join the team with more players stands, the ones who want to have even games dies.
    Constantly joining the winning side doesn't make u strong, it makes u a noob. Regardless of what ur kdr ur reputation will speak more loudly.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    Actually, u mean the ones that join the team with more players stands, the ones who want to have even games dies.
    Constantly joining the winning side doesn't make u strong, it makes u a noob. Regardless of what ur kdr ur reputation will speak more loudly.
    +1 to this.
    I always join the team that has less people to make it even. If it is already even, I'll join the better one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    I don't mean that.
    I wish I were me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I don't mean that.
    Joining the winning side really doesn't make somebody strong. He does have a point. Why? They were strong without you, so the only reason one would join the winning side is for selfish reasons that originate to their own weaknesses.

I always join the weaker side because challenges are what makes somebody stronger - not easy battles.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Ofcourse I always join weaker teams because its fun to kill same geared people
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I don't mean that.
    i wasn't commenting on u specifically. My comment was towards the attitudes of 80% of AL pvpers. lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

I made a suggestion a while ago to fix the issue of unfair joining. This however would prevent guild warrs unless they can coordinate (which they can)

X player joined the game
    X player was put on red team.
    Z player joined the game
    Z player was put on blue tea

Basically, kill the "join-red-or-blue" button an place us on a team. Problem solved.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Soundlesskill For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

^ Agree!

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

23. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Its true but we can always make it a better place to compete positively.

Joining strong team.ofc big deal u wanna win tho u may not realized its jist temporary and don't justify that you are a good player.some tk this as priority and some easily satisfied with such accomplishment.it may draw a long term effect when the pvp community start to aim you and in the end you end up in series of bashing tht make u just wanna give up pvp.hence the honorable gameplay makes you earn respect, making friends or turning enemies into allies.

Joininh weak team.doesn't make you honorable either.at some point when you are continously farmed despite whether kdr ia your concern or not you will end up giving up as there's no satisfactory takeout of the gameplay nor making you feel good looking at ypur dead toon after numerous change od tactics.some say its cowardice action to flee and some say its bravery to stay.but the end takeout which fuel your action matters in the end.

Fleeing a match.again the same dilemma.hard to justify.leaving after 1 trial cn be labelled as coward, leaving after 10 might be stupid.again it depends but i feel the 20prcnt who play the game fairly and those who has been around know how to judge well.

Yes its a play at your own risk battlefield but to make the experience matters is to hold the dignity and honour of keeping it clean and healthy.a noble and tough effort but not impossible.

I make it a habit to hunt the gangers in every match tho it cost me a huge sum of deaths just to send a message that sucj act won't be left unnoticed.there will be those who step up n wanna reclaim what a good fight is.coz when its good regardless the outcome bothbteams can agree and admit simply by saying gg or gf no matter who lose or win.but that's just me
    semi-retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Not saying it applies to you Rob, but alot of people will scream "ganger" without looking at themselves first.

Usually I try to play fair but in the last few weeks I had experiences that made me say "f it", first 4 vs 1 (me being the 1), I took it in stride until I got tired. Yesterday saw one of the gangers who sad for him joined against me and everyone flocked to me for some reason. 4 vs 1 and I didnt even think twice about it, what happened? He complained, a LOT, asked for 1 vs 1 ignored him.

Few matches later I join a room and it ends up me and someone else on one team and guy alone on other. He quickly goes "no gang", we say its fine and will wait until he has a partner. He calls someone and they join, suddenly another one joins his team and now its 3 (2 warriors and one rogue) vs 2 (rogues).

I called him out on his hypocrisy and left, so basically I'm not showing any mercy anymore, as far as I'm concerned few will play fair (and they are "usuals" in PVP so I already recognize them) so I'm done giving these randoms fair chances.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    I made a suggestion a while ago to fix the issue of unfair joining. This however would prevent guild warrs unless they can coordinate (which they can)

X player joined the game
    X player was put on red team.
    Z player joined the game
    Z player was put on blue tea

Basically, kill the "join-red-or-blue" button an place us on a team. Problem solved.
    strongly agreed. Ban the choice button!! It would solve oh-so-much problems.

The only problem might be: how do you prevent people from just leaving an undesired team? They'd leave and join, leave and join until they have their "right" team?

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Frohnatur For This Useful Post: