Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PL Balance after the Great Nerf of 2013

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reun
    Um, I don't think it is fair that a green 'Spectral' paw is better than a pink paw by 15+ damage. StG nerfed the pink ones but forgot to nerf some other ones.
    All my paws (including pink ones) have their stats and liquidation values unchanged.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenrunnn
    Awesome! Been such a long time I wanted that price :'D!
    How they r OP? Early game in PvP, they truly aren't good, unless you buy plat set (which would make any class pro actually).
    End game, they are very good when you know how to play it, double dash permits to steal flags, it also permits to stand close to ur opponent even if that last push you back, with savage and his new buff, it dodges 100%. In addition, it can pull you to him..
    Fox vs bird --> bird get owned
    Fox vs bear --> fight depends on dodge
    Fox vs rhino --> gowd I don't wanna see that
    Fox vs mage --> mage owns the fox cuz of mana shield
    Fox is a very good class in low level twinking (talkin' about levels 22-26 mainly), and they can win any class. Plat set isn't needed, I've tried to use those L.20 str packs with my fox, and I have to say that nuke fox is a lot better.

Sure, foxes can be good in end game, but that doesn't mean they would be overpowered. I know, dashes are super awesome in ctf, but that doesn't make them overpowered. Mages' heal for example is a lot more powerful skill, but it isn't overpowered either. Dashes don't really help you to get close to your opponent since they don't work if you are rooted/frozen/stunned. And foxes don't have any way to get out of those when they are buffed, so if you want to kite a fox, you just have to root him.

If fox really would own birds easily in end game, I guess end game DM matches would be full of foxes. But I hardly see any.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenrunn
    When I said fox were OP, I meant their dash is OP in ctf, and you can't tell me they aren't..
    Double dash makes u cross the map in 4 seconds ..
    Exaggerating much? It takes 15 seconds for fox to move from one flag room to another in rockwall forts. Sure, thats double faster than what it takes for the original classes, but that's not even close to that 4 seconds.

Ok, I understand now what you meant. But still, dashes aren't overpowered

@Shiloo, I completely agree with your post. One thing:

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloo
    A fox has no usefull combo because rabid bite can only be used at skill lvl 1 and still leap. So the damage isn't big enough (445-478). Maxed rabid would be 525-558) that would be usefull.
    EDIT- Just maxed rabid bite for the sole purpose of 1vs 1. The combo damage didn't seem to help.
    Combo damage is based on the rank of hamstring (I have tested this), so it's not a big problem to leave rabid bite at rank 1.
    Last edited by Gragorak; 09-11-2013 at 08:09 AM.
    <Enigmatic>
    Ludens necesse est, vivere non est necesse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkied View Post
    Yes, you are right. I edited the expletive out of my post. I'll just need to rethink tactics.
    They may well have dodged more than you in a fight or several, which I why the dodge on gear needed nerfed as well as the buffs. Good luck in pvp though, and of course right now will be rough because, it has just been the first of many changes.

Guardian of Alterra Chickenrunnn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gragorak View Post
    All my paws (including pink ones) have their stats and liquidation values unchanged.

Sure, foxes can be good in end game, but that doesn't mean they would be overpowered. I know, dashes are super awesome in ctf, but that doesn't make them overpowered. Mages' heal for example is a lot more powerful skill, but it isn't overpowered either. Dashes don't really help you to get close to your opponent since they don't work if you are rooted/frozen/stunned. And foxes don't have any way to get out of those when they are buffed, so if you want to kite a fox, you just have to root him.
    Tell me if I'm wrong, but I think the armor buff of foxes permit to unfreeze/unroot..

If fox really would own birds easily in end game, I guess end game DM matches would be full of foxes. But I hardly see any.
    Eh, not anymore. Birds can be nuked way more easier now
    And about the end game lack of fox/rhino, it's because I think many players don't feel like getting 200K+ xp in order to cap a character from lvl1 to 76.

Exaggerating much? It takes 15 seconds for fox to move from one flag room to another in rockwall forts. Sure, thats double faster than what it takes for the original classes, but that's not even close to that 4 seconds.
    Just made it in 9 seconds on my 35 fox
    GUIDES : | Devs & Mods | PvP | CTF | CS | Promo Codes |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I think the armor buff of foxes permit to unfreeze/unroot..
    Yeah, evasion frees from stuns/freezes/roots. Problem is that you probably want to buff before fight => you have no chance to free yourself during the next 15 seconds.

And about the end game lack of fox/rhino, it's because I think many players don't feel like getting 200K+ xp in order to cap a character from lvl1 to 76.
    If foxes were truly OP, the same people who made birds after BSM release would have made foxes after winter fest / would be making them now. It's only 150k exp from level 1 to level 75, that doesn't take too long in mega maze with full group, trasher and 2x week long.

Just made it in 9 seconds on my 35 fox
    Did you do it from flag to flag or from flag room to flag room? Anyways, that's pretty fast. But still, not even close to being 4 seconds.
    <Enigmatic>

Guardian of Alterra Chickenrunnn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gragorak View Post
    Yeah, evasion frees from stuns/freezes/roots. Problem is that you probably want to buff before fight => you have no chance to free yourself during the next 15 seconds.
    I think they increase the pulling power of hypnotyze to avoid being kited
    Sure sure tho Felt like the grab was stronger last time I went in pvp and fought with my fox :O

Quote Originally Posted by Gragorak

If foxes were truly OP, the same people who made birds after BSM release would have made foxes after winter fest / would be making them now. It's only 150k exp from level 1 to level 75, that doesn't take too long in mega maze with full group, trasher and 2x week long.
    1) You'll see Soon, many foxes will be out .
    It is an awesomely funny class after all ^^

2) I don't think all the players feel like spending 40/50$ just to level up faster..

Quote Originally Posted by Gragorak

Did you do it from flag to flag or from flag room to flag room? Anyways, that's pretty fast. But still, not even close to being 4 seconds.

Was in my spawning room, and went to their flag room ..
    Flag Room to flag room is pretty much the same distance

And 4 seconds is closer to 9 seconds than 15s
    GUIDES : | Devs & Mods | PvP | CTF | CS | Promo Codes |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

1) You'll see Soon, many foxes will be out .
    It is an awesomely funny class after all ^^
    Well, we'll see. Actually I'm planning to level my 56 fox to end game as well.

2) I don't think all the players feel like spending 40/50$ just to level up faster..
    Yep, most of the people don't want to pay tons of plat to level in mega maze. But many of those who just want op class quickly to end game would do this. Remember how the amount of birds increased dramatically soon after BSM release?

Was in my spawning room, and went to their flag room ..
    Flag Room to flag room is pretty much the same distance

And 4 seconds is closer to 9 seconds than 15s
    I tried spawn room => flag room, and it seems to be about 9 seconds. But from flag to flag the distance is longer, especially the distance that you have to walk normally. That takes about 15 seconds. The time it takes to travel from flag to flag is a lot more important that the time it takes to travel from spawn room to flag room.
    Last edited by Gragorak; 09-11-2013 at 12:06 PM.
    <Enigmatic>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts

Pls balance the sets to bring more diversity to endgame pvp as it is overpopulated by str

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Faliziaga For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Faliziaga View Post
    Pls balance the sets to bring more diversity to endgame pvp as it is overpopulated by str
    Definitely, the dodge stats on many sets needed nerfed along with the buff values

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tHelonestud For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Bears dodge everything at 71 and can stun you at 12m. If you're a pure bird you win one out of three times, and that's a "skilled" bird. Even if you kite the first beckon, that hellscream lands and its good game. I guess what can be done about this is a change to strength gear. But, that's up to the devs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts

I agree about the bear's stun, I've posted this in the thread "your top three things that need fixin in pl". No more dodging of hs now on my dex bird neither on my int mage and no 'stun chance 100% for 3 secs' in the skill description.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Bleh, Birds aren't as good as sewers.. too under powered but over all I enjoy Having a bear.
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

I think 4 or 5 dodge should be the max value on any individual item
    And the bear's evade still needs nerfed besides that I think the dodge fixing should be about done

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Rhinos:
    12m charge can be kited easily, repulse and fire can knock you away, as they would to a bears beckon, or simply use fire/repulse AFTER you charge, so you can't hit redemption to do your damage. No need to change atm.
    Rhino might: You practically have to hug your opponent in lower levels just to hit it. And even at 6, 70% chance.
    I'm not saying boost the % of being stunned, but increase the range. Increase it to 8 or 10m, I'm thinking 12m would make rhino too OP.
    We're doing things one at a time, aren't we? So if might gets to 10m, and if people complain about rhinos being OP now (not sure of they even would...) then either change might to 8m, or charge to 10m.
    Last edited by Caiahar; 09-12-2013 at 07:58 AM.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Charge is good at 12

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts

Pls also have a look at dex set's mana regen. The stacking mobs' hit debuffs in Humania and BSM cause mana issues in Pve after the dodge nerf especially in elite maps.
    Less dodge> more hits> much too high debuffs on regen

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  11.7 KB

Savage set 20 mana regen
    Swift set 15 mana regen with higher mana cost for skills

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Faliziaga For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have a request for foxes particularly endgame.
    I would like an escape or something like that on the fox heal skill I feel it would be more fair

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default PL Balance after the Great Nerf of 2013

Its great to see that Spacetime is putting time and effort into Pocket Legends with all the updates,however the nerfing of skills is not the solution.I have played all classes,at almost all levels,and with all sorts of builds for both pvp and pve.Lowering skills drastically affects pve it greatly reduces survivability and speed in pve.Even now with a x3 combo i still cant hit as much dmg as before therefore slowing down my farming and leveling.Instead of reducing skills you should add more health/and or armor so fights last longer in pvp and so we are able to still able to go through dungeons without degrading our performance.Yes you have helped the pvp side abit but have negatively affected the pve side.I thank you for taking the time to read and consider this.

-sincerely,
    Dohvakiian(a concerned pocket legends veteran)

P.s i know i put this in another thread already but i wasn't aware that i was supposed to place it here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dohvakiian View Post
    Its great to see that Spacetime is putting time and effort into Pocket Legends with all the updates,however the nerfing of skills is not the solution.I have played all classes,at almost all levels,and with all sorts of builds for both pvp and pve.Lowering skills drastically affects pve it greatly reduces survivability and speed in pve.Even now with a x3 combo i still cant hit as much dmg as before therefore slowing down my farming and leveling.Instead of reducing skills you should add more health/and or armor so fights last longer in pvp and so we are able to still able to go through dungeons without degrading our performance.Yes you have helped the pvp side abit but have negatively affected the pve side.I thank you for taking the time to read and consider this.

-sincerely,

P.s i know i put this in another thread already but i wasn't aware that i was supposed to place it here
    You must have changed your build if you can't hit as high, only the crit buff changed so you have just as much damage as before. It just might not double quite as much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by tHelonestud View Post

-sincerely,

You must have changed your build if you can't hit as high, only the crit buff changed so you have just as much damage as before. It just might not double quite as much.
    Actually no i havent changed anything at all even my crits are lower than before,not the percentage but the actual damage.Ive noticed this on all my main characters from each class.But i have noticed bears dont tank as much as before in pve,wasnt the purpose of them having high health ,armor ,and dodge to take hits and survive longer than the other classes
    Last edited by Dohvakiian; 09-13-2013 at 02:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Actually no i havent changed anything at all even my crits are lower than before,not the percentage but the actual damage.
    Not sure why this is then, because they haven't nerfed any damage except on event items. Either you changed your build(which you denied), you are imagining it, or your character is bugged.