Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2013-09-12 Content Update (129730)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by H2N View Post
    • Weekend Pet Sale! Purchasable members of the original 36 pets are 20% off. Get your Beastmaster title today!
    • Mythic Pet Slag is back, but just for the weekend!
    • Respecs are FREE this weekend. Try out a new skill build today!
    • Corrected issues with Elite Inan'hesh and Elite Uldim Fields Bosses that necessitated a reset of those Leaderboards.
    • Refined Ashral Heart and Wraith Heart fights. Resetting the fight will now work properly in different circumstances.
    • Inan'hesh will no longer become impervious to attack after multiple resets.
    • Slightly buffed the Arcane Blackbeards Hooks to make them more competitive with current daggers.
    • Fixed a bug with the Sorcerer skill 'Arcane Shield' applying invulnerability even if you didn't charge it up.
    • The Sorcerer skill 'Gale Force' now only makes you dash when you charge the skill. In addition, you now dash forward instead of backward.
    • Slightly decreased amount of heals in PvP.
    • Slightly increased amount of damage Warriors do in PvP.
    • All Sorcerer abilities have an increased critical damage value. In addition, abilities that add a DoT (Fireball, Curse, etc.) will now have a chance for critical damage for each tick on the DoT itself. This should make it viable to spec your Sorcerer for a high Crit chance. Feedback is as always welcome.
    • Increased the drop chance of level 35 loot on Elite Bael II and Krunch II so it's not so easy to farm the best level 36 gear in the game from them.
    • The potion vendor now displays current potion count.
    • Architect Armors and Helmets now render properly.
    • Wrath of Bael of Potency will now display an all pink name.
    The gale force shoves you forward on a charge now?? makes the outward squall useless because it pushes you further into trouble instead of pushing enemies away...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JBUCK For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

correct!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JBUCK View Post
    The gale force shoves you forward on a charge now?? makes the outward squall useless because it pushes you further into trouble instead of pushing enemies away...
    The primary issue is that now you can't reap the benefits of Squall and +25% run speed upgrades together - you have to choose. Forward dash needs to be changed to uncharged.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Please remember that AL PVP not always about end game PVP, there are also twinks PVP.
    I have lv 10 (War) and 18 (Rogue) twinks and use the best gear that available.

Here is the problem:
    - in lv 10 War overpower rogue on 1vs1 THAT EVEN BEFORE the damage reduction of bonechill bow happen.
    - in lv 18 its also very very hard to kill war on 1vs1 THAT ALSO BEFORE the damage reduction of bonechill bow happen.

with the damage reduction of bonechil and now the increased damage of warior in PVP, you make warior very powerfull in low lv PVP.
    I know you intended to make warior more powerfull in end game lv PVP, but i think you destroy the balance of low lv PVP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    The Nordr Expansion and Shuyal did balance classes for the most part, so the 9 months of being on top is exaggerated. The classes WERE balanced. None of the pro sorcerers were complaining for a reason. Now? Why fix what wasn't broken?
    That is your opinion what started to balance things out was:

1) Shield improvements
    2) Mythic Gun (more damage)
    3) Mythic ring gave us more HP
    4) This season we have more crit because with the exception of mythic ring every piece of equipment gives us crit
    5) For me a huge boost has been Samael. +35 INT, + 10% Damage + 10% Crit

I am sure I have left some stuff out. But essentially what you are talking about is stuff that happens over a longer period of time but started near the end of season 4. And has trickled in so if you total everything up you are talking about a month of time with everything in effect. And we are only now seeing the results of all of these changes. I welcome these changes and if it makes us OP, oh well you guys had seasons 2, 3 and 4. You can hardly blame us for wanting just one season where we are at the top. So often I heard just wait you guys will have your season, just wait your turn. Now its here and every day I see a new post by rogues complaining. You can understand if some of us are a bit unsympathetic.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    Why must people keep comparing all the classes to each other?
    Every class SHOULD NOT be on equal terms of skill ability/power relative to another class but it seems like there's a bunch of you on forums who can't see this.
    I agree with you. If rogues are damage dealers 1v1, mages are damage dealers 1 versus many. I don't see anything in this update that changes that. So what is the problem?

Some people prefer support and mobbing so they go mage.
    Mages aren't a support class its already been debunked. And I bookmarked this post because I knew I'd be getting a lot of mileage out of it:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1263221

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    That was never the intended role of the Sorcerer. The Sorcerer is supposed to be AOE Damage with some control. We don't want a dedicated support character. These are steps in that direction. Crit is just becoming the Sorcerers 'thing'. Rogues will be looked at as well and have something different. Not going to just do the same update on the Rogues as I do on the Sorcerer, then their powercurve moves up equally, just leaving the warrior behind.
    So you're wrong about mage's being a support class. So the only issue here is what you think a mage is.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

In the end this argument won't stop b/c we're all selfish to a certain extent and want the best for our class.

Btw get LIGHTNING that thing takes over half my HP on Crit.
    Equivalent to the Aimshot just less powerful

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

In the end this argument won't stop b/c we're all selfish to a certain extent and want the best for our class.
    ^This, we are all selfish.

and I agree with Ener, mages are supposed to deal high damage but the most squishy class, it seems like the squishy part is whats kept.
    Last edited by IronMonkey; 09-13-2013 at 02:35 AM.
    The Forum here is more FUN!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    The primary issue is that now you can't reap the benefits of Squall and +25% run speed upgrades together - you have to choose. Forward dash needs to be changed to uncharged.
    I could live with this too. Anything but how it is now.

I seriously hope STS will give sorcerers their speed buff back without that, for PvE, totally useless forward flying thing.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by katish View Post
    They weren't. We were complaining since forever... And this game isn't played just by pros u know? I guess mages are not as talkative and loud as you rogues

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando o Tapatalk 2

H
    And, on the rare occasion, that we make ONE thread to point out ONE imbalance we get attacked for it (by some of the same people complaining the loudest right now).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

I cant say much cos rogues are afraid to step in pvp to try the changes. I only asked one rogue (nasty), how the class was doing? He said "its fine, just need the right build". Yea, we realy need more time to play with the changes cos it is too early. I am trying not to be bais or laugh at rogues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Wht DoT Means

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Zethz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Damage over Time
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jenvy View Post
    HOORAY REPEC WEEKENDS!!

I do have some thoughts about a few of the things changed.

The sorc shield nerf was needed. My mage twink was stupidly overpowered.

The dash... I don't know. I've never seen the point of this upgrade, forward or backward. IMO, get rid of it entirely and increase the movement speed buff. That way you can choose to move in either direction quickly.

What was the point of decreasing damage if you decrease heals as well? Wasn't the point to make fights last longer?

With their superior ability to outlast most other players, I don't really think warriors needed a buff... but I'm sure warriors will disagree.

I'm really perplexed by the mage crit changes. My pvp twink will be a fair bit stronger yes, so I cant complain that much, but doesn't this invalidate much of the purpose of rogues in pve, the primary single target damage dealer? All the functionality of rogues can now be duplicated by mages. High crit mages will be able to spam lightning crits AND do phenomenal aoe damage.

To balance this, perhaps you should give rogues a little mage functionality. Buff the damage of nox shot and razor shield. Let nox dots crit as well..

That way, with stacking nox shots, rogues will still have the best single target damage, and also be just a little more functional for aoe.

Anyway. Thanks for the update.
    And free lemonade to all! LMFAO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

come on... before you complain try to test it first. i have twink mage and when they release the new patch i went on testing it in pvp arena w/o reading new updates... as for my experience everything was good... still hard to defeat pro warrior, and didn't find big changes with the new crit damages of sorcs, and rouges are playing good also. now you can see the difference between pros and noob rouges. Unlike before all are the same no tactics or techniques just spamming packs and crits. Now skills and tactics envolve already...

So, adapt your build in some changes for new patch, that's why they give free respec. Actually STS doing a great job they always listen from player's comments and suggestions. i played a number of mmorpg like ragnarok, weapons of war, ran and so on and i found them very hard in lvling your character it will take weeks before you lvlcap it. well kudos to STS...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Make shield back, it's really impossible now to stay alive if you got suddenly attacked by rogue. For ex if mage goes down in tdm, he has no chance, if he got attacked, even if aim shot didn't crit. It's terrible.
    Your advertisement could be here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Ofc there's many cons/pros to each class and dif classes are put at an advantage/disadvantage in different scenarios and this is exactly why maps are for 4-5 players b/c the variety of classes and skill builds support each other to make the best combination.
    You can't justify your class is weak just b/c you lose to some Rogue in a 1v1.

For a sorcere if he want to get higher crit he must sacrifice armor and hp so survivability. And this new change for DoT is only a chance, doesnt happen everytime.
    This all doesnt seem to me as it will cause some major unbalance.
    It only makes AoE dmg of sorcerers bit more powerfull which i think is a good for pve, means faster runs, faster clearing maps, and for those who buy potions saving up valuable minutes. So for the party as a whole its only a benefit.
    You can't justify your class is weak just b/c you lose to some Sorcerer in a 1v1.

PvP is another story, but sorcerers didnt get any buff that makes them survive longer, on the contrary their shield was "fixed" so they must charge for 2 secs invulnerability. They may just hit a bit harder as they did before, but again its only a chance to crit. But maybe they can nerff it somehow for just pvp, as for pve i see only benefits.

Rogue r still the same. Nor stronger, nor weaker. They still have best single target dmg, very good AoE skills, and stucking crit with every uncharged aim shot.
    The only thing is mana, there needs to be done something abt it.

* and the forward dash on gale is lol stuff, was it b/c mages kept crying they couldn't flag as fast as wars/rogues?
    And why not. They were only class left out.
    Last edited by Uzii; 09-13-2013 at 10:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

y bael ii armor got buffed?!?... he shud be sued for using steroids!!!! lol
    Need your very own customized signature made?
    Quality Signatures here at Beelzzebob's Custom Sigshop

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

so many pvp talk. so the wind gale skill was messed up just to cater to pvp. might as well remove this for pve and give a new skill to use

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

24.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #140
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    I could live with this too. Anything but how it is now.

I seriously hope STS will give sorcerers their speed buff back without that, for PvE, totally useless forward flying thing.
    This patch also changed it so that the speed buff is applied without charging the skill, so if that's all you're after, don't charge it.

Remember, the dash used to be when you didn't charge it and there were many complaints asking to move it to when you charge it. It seems to be a personal preference so I doubt there's any with simply changing it back to non-charged.