Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Has rouge crit been Nerfed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    If it is ~just~ arena, then that would make sense. It means they finally upped the enemies there to 36. The enemies ~should~ have armor that does a 45% damage reduction and if they were level 31 before, then the damage modifier of an attacking level 36 would 'nerf the mobs armor'. It is the same way a level 31 can one shot crit Mother for 6K while Ribit farming. Players may have just been over powered before.
    It's not just shuyal it's everywhere in general, elite, arena, normal maps & to answer your previous question it's the damage hit on a critical shot seems a lot lower

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Khylan View Post
    I wish there was a log we could parse to see what the numbers actually are

Single pulling as much as I can in elite Ashral Tower, only using AS and Haze as pet, the highest crit I made on a trash mob was 3423. Low crit range 1700's, most between 1900 and 2200. This is with 370 skill damage and 346% damage bonus.

I tried Elite Brackenridge and was able to score a crit of 4500 using AS, so I think maybe Shuyal mobs in general may have had an armor increase?

Does anyone know the formula for max theoretical damage on an unarmored target using charged AS?
    Uhh, there is NO issue then. Elite Breckinridge mobs are 25. Elite Ashral are 36. So 34 on a 36 vs 45 on a 25, yeah, that sounds about right. If players are used to beating up on lower level mobs, even elite ones, and are now seeing their damage going down, it is not going down, it is just returning to earth.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Still waiting for a dev to shine some light down on this though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

i just tumbled upon this thread and log in to the game and tested for my self(havent farmed since the last patch).. yes critical damage got lower.. previously i could make critically from boss from 1.5k - 2k+ something.. but now cant hardly get 900+ critical damage on bosses.. devs should check on the damage system.

free bump!

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #45
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Nothing was touched on Rogues in this last patch. We wouldn't just change Rogue crits and not put it in the patch notes. The only bosses that were made tougher were Bael II and Krunch II.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Hmm thats strange because i remember hitting much higher at 31 in normal crystal caverns then 1.6k on normal frostbite. But yesterday at 36 in normal crystal caverns there were alot of triple digit damage aimed shots. highest crits being 1.6k ill try some more runs after work. Now ill be really looking at the numbers.
    Sig cred: Beelzeebob
    End Game Rogue Get-N-Paid
    Chances are I've probably killed you.
    Watch me on youtube : ) http://is.gd/YiK25Y

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    Nothing was touched on Rogues in this last patch. We wouldn't just change Rogue crits and not put it in the patch notes. The only bosses that were made tougher were Bael II and Krunch II.
    Thank you Swede

So, does that mean that feelings about doing less damage and having significantly reduced crate drop (Km3, Tunnels) are just subjective feelings, respectively bad luck of the parties?

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

I don't think anyone seriously believes that crits were nerfed without y'all telling anyone. I think they're suggesting that there might be some bug, or other factor that is decreasing damage.

IMO, it's just the shock of seeing such huge crits in kraken and below, then shifting to scaled Nordr and Shuyal and seeing your damage go back to normal.

Worth a double-check though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

I just did a fast normal crystal caverns run. Maybe yesterday i was wearing lep pendent in my runs . But not today, i was wearing all my mythic and hj pet. Only aimed shots on NORMAL frostbite. My highest crit was 1.75k. then instantly went to ELITE brackenridge and im hitting ez 3k+

Is that how its suposed to work?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Can you explain the nerf on crit that you speak of. Do you mean less crits, all your crits are hitting for less damage, or specific skills are critting for less damage?
    Crit dmg is lower than usual.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iluvataris View Post
    I just did a fast normal crystal caverns run. Maybe yesterday i was wearing lep pendent in my runs . But not today, i was wearing all my mythic and hj pet. Only aimed shots on NORMAL frostbite. My highest crit was 1.75k. then instantly went to ELITE brackenridge and im hitting ez 3k+

Same same

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iluvataris View Post

Absolutely. ELITE Brackenridge mobs are 11 levels lower then you, so you were pretty much ignoring their armor.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

I would like a double check too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    I would like a double check too
    ^same, there's just something not right with the dmg

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #55
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Yeah going to any of the lower level Elites, you'll get huge numbers because you're so much higher level.

We'll keep an eye on it and see we can figure anything out. Any accidental change that affected it though would have affected all three classes, not just Rogues.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swede For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Yeah going to any of the lower level Elites, you'll get huge numbers because you're so much higher level.

We'll keep an eye on it and see we can figure anything out. Any accidental change that affected it though would have affected all three classes, not just Rogues.
    As I and a lot of players were rushing to 36 this past weekend, delaying the patch that closes free respecs till tomorrow would help players to test this.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

18. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

I figured it would have affected all 3, but idk check it out just to be sure, I mean socerors may not have noticed it due to there crit dmg getting boosted and there dot being able to crit, warriors idk, but let us know if anything is or isn't changed

20.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #58
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

One of the possibilities here is being out of sync with previous changes and returning players.

About a month ago we nerfed BOWS across the board for the most part, fixing a bug and bringing them all back in the realm of normality. If the players raising these points are just returning to the game they may not be aware that this change was made and feel they are missing out on that damage potentially.

We are still looking for anything that points to foul play and have yet to turn up anything that would effect such a thing just yet. We're still looking into it.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

I think thats alot of armor for a normal nordr map, I wonder how well it goes for players with cheap gear : /

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    One of the possibilities here is being out of sync with previous changes and returning players.

About a month ago we nerfed BOWS across the board for the most part, fixing a bug and bringing them all back in the realm of normality. If the players raising these points are just returning to the game they may not be aware that this change was made and feel they are missing out on that damage potentially.

We are still looking for anything that points to foul play and have yet to turn up anything that would effect such a thing just yet. We're still looking into it.
    I can't speak for anyone else but I've played pretty much every day since that nerf xP it's not that, I'm aware my regular damage is lower since that nerf but the damage hit when a critical happens seems a lot lower just recently

Edit: Thank you for keeping us updated