Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Solution to fixing these OP rings (Pirate, Inferno, Crystal)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Please let them remain in the game, that way I can one shot people who think that damage is the most important stat & continue to kill people who think this ring is obscenely OP.

As for the mythic ring falling in price argument...it's already at 2M. What's the threshold? 1M? I'm positive a new mythic ring is going to be released anyways following some sort of competition.

For now, it's a GOOD THING. Why? All the merchants are spending their hard earned money on things that common players have randomly farmed. I'm sure people know of the trickle down concept, but due to these rings...a lot of money is trickling down. Honestly, has anyone seen how quickly other items are being sold as more and more players are starting to double their banks by selling these rings to merchants?

After much thought, I can honestly say...let it be (even if I lose a few mil on my mythic and archon rings).
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Just saying DMG isn't the only stat in this game you know >_>

Go ahead and get your extra 7.3 dmg for wearing a pirate ring, I'll gladly keep my extra crit, dex, str, int & +300hp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post

Best ^

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derezzzed View Post
    Just saying DMG isn't the only stat in this game you know >_>

Go ahead and get your extra 7.3 dmg for wearing a pirate ring, I'll gladly keep my extra crit, dex, str, int & +300hp
    At 300% bonus damage, that's a little over 21 damage. However, I would encourage them to wear it so I can one shot them more.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chaim Nail View Post
    STS should not nerf them but discontinue them completely, that way they can't be farmed anymore to ruin the value of other rings but if you have one you're lucky as its value just increased due to being rare.
    This dude obviously has a few rings. Tough luck ur not making $$$ on em.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    At 300% bonus damage, that's a little over 21 damage. However, I would encourage them to wear it so I can one shot them more.
    Still though 21 dmg vs the extra stats plus the 300hp

I can agree with you keep them the way they are and let all the "omg it has more DMG it must be better" noobs keep there pirate rings while I one shot them xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Still though 21 dmg vs the extra stats plus the 300hp

I can agree with you keep them the way they are and let all the "omg it has more DMG it must be better" noobs keep there pirate rings while I one shot them xD
    Not to mention that the money is actually flowing downward now: from rich to poor versus poor to rich (who we all know don't actually contribute to the economy unless in situations like this). That, IMO, is worth the trade off alone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Not to mention that the money is actually flowing downward now: from rich to poor versus poor to rich (who we all know don't actually contribute to the economy unless in situations like this). That, IMO, is worth the trade off alone.
    Again I agree, a lot of items are getting "passed around" so to speak and it's allowing some "middle ground" players to actually get some higher lvl equips & tbh the only people I see complaining about this new pirate rings are players who already had bought mythics awhile ago when they cost a lot, conflict of interest much? Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Again I agree, a lot of items are getting "passed around" so to speak and it's allowing some "middle ground" players to actually get some higher lvl equips & tbh the only people I see complaining about this new pirate rings are players who already had bought mythics awhile ago when they cost a lot, conflict of interest much? Lol
    So true. So true.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

This is a very temporary thing. What will happen in a few more days is that the rings will be worth 5k each, and with the huge price drop all rings will now be worth 100k or less, perhaps with the exception of mythic which maybe will be worth 500k.

It will do to rings what the bonechill bow did to rogue weapons last season. You were left in a situation where no rogue weapon was worth more than 5k except mythic and arcane.

For the health of the economy, you cannot have common items with OP stats. It not only drags down the prices of all items in that category, but the price becomes so low that nobody is even interested in farming for these items anymore. In another week nobody will even be interested in farming for these rings as the price will be too low to make it worthwhile.

If STG wants to keep these elusive bosses a permanent part of the game, I suggest they see to it that the loot they drop retains its value.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

So you want to nerf these 4 bosses like u did bael? Spawn rates are low enough bro and ap would be impossible if you had to kill elite mobs for a rare spawn rate. Ive been looking for demon boss and ice boss 2 days for ap and no spawn.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    This is a very temporary thing. What will happen in a few more days is that the rings will be worth 5k each, and with the huge price drop all rings will now be worth 100k or less, perhaps with the exception of mythic which maybe will be worth 500k.

It will do to rings what the bonechill bow did to rogue weapons last season. You were left in a situation where no rogue weapon was worth more than 5k except mythic and arcane.

For the health of the economy, you cannot have common items with OP stats. It not only drags down the prices of all items in that category, but the price becomes so low that nobody is even interested in farming for these items anymore. In another week nobody will even be interested in farming for these rings as the price will be too low to make it worthwhile.

If STG wants to keep these elusive bosses a permanent part of the game, I suggest they see to it that the loot they drop retains its value.
    I agree with what you're saying but its not directly the rings themselfs that are causing it because the rings aren't OP at all, it's people who think "DMG is the best idc what other stats I lose all I want is DMG" then people list the price of these rings so high which cause these "dmg only" people to only buy these rings instead of the mythics which give amazing stats it's not really the rings fault, the rings don't need to be fixed, it's the player base or more specifically the mentality of the player base that needs to be fixed because anyone that thinks the Pirate Rings are better than the mythic ring has something seriously wrong with them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post

Your suggestions won't help the situation either. All it will do is slow down the process as to when they will hit 5k, which they still will.

Changing it to a legendary item will only slow down the effect, but it'll still happen. What should be done is make the ring legendary & expand the green, purple, and legendary loot table.

Secondly, nerfing is an option. STG isn't responsible for the prices players set & they should RARELY make decisions based on how it'll affect players' wealth. If people don't buy them for those crazy prices, nothing would've happened. Again, the only fault for those prices is the elite who paid for them.

As of right now, money is flowing down to the poorer players, which it should be doing because that way the money is at the hands of the consumers..ready to make its way to the top 10% again.

And as for the case of the ring being OP...it isn't. Do you see how much one has to sacrifice for that damage? It's really not OP. That much loss of health is huge - especially in areas like Elite Shuyal.

If your problem is devaluing of current items...well, it's a ring. I'm sure the new mythc ring will be released soon & this will all be in the past. The most powerful archon rings are still better than it, correct me if I'm wrong. Damage is not the only important stat of a class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Here is some food for thought. I'm currently using a lvl 29 Pirate Loop ( 8 dex, 31 int, 2.18% crit, 6.8 dmg) and I have little incentive to get a Blood Shuyal (30 all stats, 3.8 dmg) with these two stats, and keep in mind they are 2 lvls apart opposed to the lvl 36 Pirate loops.

The grand total of benefit the MYTHIC ring offers me is +407 health and 1.10 % dodge, while this can be helpful in some instances overall this isn't very favoring. Especially when you consider that it hits me for -1.41% crit, -7.3 dmg and -8.8 dps.

I'm not sure but I don't think these stats where intended and if they were maybe we have some really outstanding gear to look forward to.

Retired Officer of Chivalrous Union

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Guys, just try to think logically. All the other rings which comes from the another 3 boss are crap, except this pirate one. Im pretty sure they arent meant to be farmed so im sorry to say but nerf will come, they wont make it legendary and wont lower the spawn rate.

Küldve az én Nexus 4-ről Tapatalk 4 használatával

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

The whole games kinda slowing down and becoming a bore. No one wants to do elite unless your fully equipped or it'll take to long, so most farm these mini bosses to get something good. Now you have to search hours to find one and hope for a good item or be let down by getting a usual cheap purple item. Thats fixed with the rings (temporarily). The only way o see a way to make money is by farming hours for one these mini elites (or mini semi decent drop boss) or merching and merching isnt for everyone. Or you can run elites if you have at least elite pink(which means you have to merch em or get luck from a boss mentioned above because otherwise you're goin die quick and no one will want to run with you) with a luck elixer and pray for a elite pink drop. I just recently asked if anyone has got a elite pink without any form of luck and only fluff responded, im which he capped doing elites and only got one. So personally im glad these rings are here and in a.way im not because to try get one you still have.to farm hours unless you get lucky and glad because it means mythics will start dropping to a achievable price. Its been said so much that there's two types of players in al, the rich and the poor but no middle class. Everyone is.worried about item a loosing value because of item b when in reality if everything was cheaper everyone would still make money some way from merching. Just because item a wont sell for 3mil + and you can resell for 3.3mil because item b is dropping the price doesnt mean you cant buy for 2milnd sell for 2.3. I dont see why people cant.adjust.to the.economy and thats probably why ill be playing pl more because there is no middle ground here and no simple way for a.casual guy to make money unless he's a expert merchant
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

17. The Following User Says Thank You to xcainnblecterx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Butterysesh View Post
    So you want to nerf these 4 bosses like u did bael? Spawn rates are low enough bro and ap would be impossible if you had to kill elite mobs for a rare spawn rate. Ive been looking for demon boss and ice boss 2 days for ap and no spawn.
    Nope, don't nerf how often they spawn, read my first post. I'm suggesting they nerf the drop rates of the rings. There are currently over 200 of these rings for sale in the auction. They are going to be worth 500 gold each soon, and then all the rest of the legendary rings that come from bael and elite shuyal are going to be worth maybe 5k each.

How many people are going to spend their day searching for these bosses if the loot is worth 500 gold?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    The whole games kinda slowing down and becoming a bore. No one wants to do elite unless your fully equipped or it'll take to long, so most farm these mini bosses to get something good. Now you have to search hours to find one and hope for a good item or be let down by getting a usual cheap purple item. Thats fixed with the rings (temporarily). The only way o see a way to make money is by farming hours for one these mini elites (or mini semi decent drop boss) or merching and merching isnt for everyone. Or you can run elites if you have at least elite pink(which means you have to merch em or get luck from a boss mentioned above because otherwise you're goin die quick and no one will want to run with you) with a luck elixer and pray for a elite pink drop. I just recently asked if anyone has got a elite pink without any form of luck and only fluff responded, im which he capped doing elites and only got one. So personally im glad these rings are here and in a.way im not because to try get one you still have.to farm hours unless you get lucky and glad because it means mythics will start dropping to a achievable price. Its been said so much that there's two types of players in al, the rich and the poor but no middle class. Everyone is.worried about item a loosing value because of item b when in reality if everything was cheaper everyone would still make money some way from merching. Just because item a wont sell for 3mil + and you can resell for 3.3mil because item b is dropping the price doesnt mean you cant buy for 2milnd sell for 2.3. I dont see why people cant.adjust.to the.economy and thats probably why ill be playing pl more because there is no middle ground here and no simple way for a.casual guy to make money unless he's a expert merchant
    These pirate rings will be worth 500 gold each in a week. Then how much time are you going to spend searching for these bosses?

Any change they make to the game should be sustainable for at least a month or two. If it is not then it's poor planning on their part. Adding a boss to the game who everyone is excited about is great, assuming they will still be excited a few weeks from now. Otherwise the boss should just be a temporary one that is set to expire after a week or two, i.e. forgotten dungeon in PL.

And BTW, yes mythic rings are still way better than these pirate rings. The reason some of you can't do elites is that you die, meaning you need more health. But apparently much of the player base is obsessed with damage, so these high damage rings are going to affect the prices of all other rings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Its simple they need to boost the mythic rings! add quest line for mythic rings and amulet to be upgraded.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Daddyblu For This Useful Post:

Robhawk

The "best" thing in all this discussion is: STS does NOTHING! There is NO statement... just nothing...

So i guess they dont care? lol...

I think its a bad joke, that an bugged epic ring just kills your gold regarding the myth ring - so make the myth upgradable!
    Last edited by Robhawk; 09-30-2013 at 02:36 AM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Robhawk For This Useful Post: