Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Solution to fixing these OP rings (Pirate, Inferno, Crystal)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Nope, don't nerf how often they spawn, read my first post. I'm suggesting they nerf the drop rates of the rings. There are currently over 200 of these rings for sale in the auction. They are going to be worth 500 gold each soon, and then all the rest of the legendary rings that come from bael and elite shuyal are going to be worth maybe 5k each.

How many people are going to spend their day searching for these bosses if the loot is worth 500 gold?
    It wont reach below 100k for lv 36 pirate even with the current drop rate, because people will simply change their farming spot if the price are too low

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    The "best" thing in all this discussion is: STS does NOTHING! There is NO statement... just nothing...

So i guess they dont care? lol...

I think its a bad joke, that an bugged epic ring just kills your gold regarding the myth ring - so make the myth upgradable!
    They usually don't reply to threads over the weekend. The one exception I saw was the Captain Krom glitch, which was pretty significant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

The fact of the matter is that everyone is assuming that these rings are the best based on dmg, as has been pointed out many times throughout this post. They are not the best rings by a long shot. Mythic Rings provide a huge much needed health boost which (as also pointed out earlier in the post) comes in extremely handy when in Shuyal. I own one of these rings, i have tried and tested it alot over the past 24 hours, and i die alot more especially being one shot by bosses in Arena.

If these rings are meant to be in the game, then fine, just dont come up against anyone with a mythic in PVP as u may well lose, as i'm pretty sure those that are fully geared with a mythic will still prevail. If they're not meant to be in the game, hurry up and nerf it already.

As for the spawns, aren't these bosses aimed at low end gamers too? Not everyone can be bothered to take the game as seriously as all of us, and STS have to make it appealing to everyone. Maybe the way to solve the problem would be to introduce random spawns in Elite also, but with loot that is worth farming with decent loot tables, maybe a Legendary Ring with different bonus etc (as im pretty sure the new Mythic Rings and Amulets are imminent. They can exploit this as much as they like and this way the Epic Pirate rings will fizzle out as expected. I dont think this AP should be changed though, just tweaked a bit.

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jetzzz View Post
    It wont reach below 100k for lv 36 pirate even with the current drop rate, because people will simply change their farming spot if the price are too low
    I hope you are right, but I suspect you may be wrong. People still run Jarl over and over to farm for crates. Crates also drop in these other maps, so you can farm for crates while farming for these elusive bosses at the same time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

You guys keep going on about how these rings only give damage and sacrifice health. Please remember WARRIORS don't need much aside from strength. So the strength versions of these rings ARE the best rings ATM for warriors. For sorcs and rogues yeah they're not that good.
    I'm not lazy, I'm just on energy saving mode.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

I looted mine (lvl36 fatality, str version) trying to finish that stupid AP. Nerf away! I don't care if I have to switch to a night ripple, and to be honest its a little rediculous for me to have a damage stat upwards of 369.3 just saying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Meanwhile, here's an update on the price of these rings.... Yesterday I looted a level 35 STR pirate ring. I took a look in the auction, and there were about a dozen listed there, all 1.1m and higher. So I wanted a quick sale and listed mine for 700k, and then went to sleep. When I woke up in the morning, I took a look and it did NOT sell, but now there were about 8 more listed between 500k and 700k. So again wanting a quick sale, I listed mine for 230k (less than half of what the current price was). So I come back later and now there are 5 more listed lower than mine all the way down to 190k.

Yes, everyone is running after these things, but nobody is buying them and the price is in freefall. The real value is probably around 5-10k at best.

The first time I found First Mate yesterday I was dumb and forgot to remove my leprechaun pendant and I re-rolled to a locked crate instead of getting a pirate ring. I was so upset!! Now looking back I'm glad it happened. Because I sold the locked crate for 14k in about 10 minutes. So far I have now spent almost 50k in auction listing fees and I'm guessing I won't even break even on this ring. I'm almost at the point where I may just liquidate it to avoid any further frustration.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Meanwhile, here's an update on the price of these rings.... Yesterday I looted a level 35 STR pirate ring. I took a look in the auction, and there were about a dozen listed there, all 1.1m and higher. So I wanted a quick sale and listed mine for 700k, and then went to sleep. When I woke up in the morning, I took a look and it did NOT sell, but now there were about 8 more listed between 500k and 700k. So again wanting a quick sale, I listed mine for 230k (less than half of what the current price was). So I come back later and now there are 5 more listed lower than mine all the way down to 190k.

Yes, everyone is running after these things, but nobody is buying them and the price is in freefall. The real value is probably around 5-10k at best.

The first time I found First Mate yesterday I was dumb and forgot to remove my leprechaun pendant and I re-rolled to a locked crate instead of getting a pirate ring. I was so upset!! Now looking back I'm glad it happened. Because I sold the locked crate for 14k in about 10 minutes. So far I have now spent almost 50k in auction listing fees and I'm guessing I won't even break even on this ring. I'm almost at the point where I may just liquidate it to avoid any further frustration.
    Sold my l35 dex version for 1.5m.

Just because you couldn't sell it doesn't mean that nobody else could.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

If you are gonna just liquidate it ill give you 10 gold for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    I honestly think those stats are just a mistake on STS's part.

First there is the extreme amount of damage they add. It's simply totally out of place. There has never been such a huge increase in damage on any ring. At best there is 5-6 base damage added for the next best generation of rings, compared to the previous best ones. When a ring increases your base damage by 15+ at end level, again compared to the previous best ones, you got to start thinking that this was not how it was intended to be.

Second, rings don't usually scale damage like that and if they do they stop scaling after a maximum amount of damage. My guess is that there's a problem with the scaling of those rings or the base damage before scaling.

Third, if all of the above wouldn't be enough to start thinking this might be a mistake, those rings are purple.

My guess is that these rings have stats that weren't intended, and if so the stats will be lowered. Honestly, anyone who bought these rings at extreme prices should know that something isn't right and shouldn't complain when a glitch is corrected.
    Wouldn't sts have to be somewhat incompetent not to notice this? I mean, the stats aren't hidden. They are right there for everyone to see. If they just rushed and pushed everything out then I can understand it but i'm sure they took their time and double checked everything before it was released. Something as obvious as this couldn't have slipped passed their QA people.

The bosses are meant to be rare (i.e. elusive). Right now there are tons of people hunting them for achievements. That's why we are seeing a large number in auction. After everyone gets their achievements the farming will drop down quite a bit and we won't see as many on the market so everyone's precious mythic rings will be safe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

I sort of lucked out on the level 35 and 36 versions.

I got a Level 21 Inferno ring which was a great TWINK level item which I sold for a nice whopping 23K!

The Skeleton one at level 18 wouldn't even sell, rofl.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    Wouldn't sts have to be somewhat incompetent not to notice this? I mean, the stats aren't hidden. They are right there for everyone to see. If they just rushed and pushed everything out then I can understand it but i'm sure they took their time and double checked everything before it was released. Something as obvious as this couldn't have slipped passed their QA people.

The bosses are meant to be rare (i.e. elusive). Right now there are tons of people hunting them for achievements. That's why we are seeing a large number in auction. After everyone gets their achievements the farming will drop down quite a bit and we won't see as many on the market so everyone's precious mythic rings will be safe.
    I wouldn't go as far as to call STS incompetent but errors have slipped through their Q&A team in the past and were corrected.

Just some examples that pop in my head... ALP's were bugged for a long time until STS discovered it and nerfed them. People who invested in those, lost heavily. How about that warrior weapon that was bugged and made you crit all the time? People invested heavily in those and they got nerfed too. I'm sure there were other weapon/stats bugs in the past.

Some other examples include rogue crit actually stacking 5x instead of 3x or rare elite bosses spawning every time when you ran a dungeon.

Most of the bugs I mentioned seem obvious for the people who actually play the game, yet Q&A somehow missed those.

So yeah, when looking at the past, is it really that impossible that these rings aren't supposed to add stats like they currently do? Especially when taking my previous post into account it seems hard to believe, for me at least, that those stats were meant to be.

Anyway, if the stats are meant to be, I'll happily accept that. I, for one, wouldn't complain when better stuff gets released. You can't expect your top gear from previous caps to last forever and I would be more than happy to make my toon even stronger with new rings. That said, it just feels off to me and totally out of line.

I guess we'll know soon enough

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as to call STS incompetent but errors have slipped through their Q&A team in the past and were corrected.

Just some examples that pop in my head... ALP's were bugged for a long time until STS discovered it and nerfed them. People who invested in those, lost heavily. How about that warrior weapon that was bugged and made you crit all the time? People invested heavily in those and they got nerfed too. I'm sure there were other weapon/stats bugs in the past.

Some other examples include rogue crit actually stacking 5x instead of 3x or rare elite bosses spawning every time when you ran a dungeon.

Most of the bugs I mentioned seem obvious for the people who actually play the game, yet Q&A somehow missed those.

So yeah, when looking at the past, is it really that impossible that these rings aren't supposed to add stats like they currently do? Especially when taking my previous post into account it seems hard to believe, for me at least, that those stats were meant to be.

Anyway, if the stats are meant to be, I'll happily accept that. I, for one, wouldn't complain when better stuff gets released. You can't expect your top gear from previous caps to last forever and I would be more than happy to make my toon even stronger with new rings. That said, it just feels off to me and totally out of line.

I guess we'll know soon enough
    i can name a few more instances. I wonder if they're hiring some high priced QA guys? I'd be interested.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Picked a level 35 up for 250K, so I guess they do sell. Anyway, nothing wrong with the stats, and the progression makes sense. I checked it versus my Troll Necro Ring of Savvy (no base damage) and it adds 22.8 damage. You could put 7.5 damage on the mythic ring and it would only give 15 damage, since I checked and it only give 7 from it's 3.5. The reason is the REAL damage is coming from a combination of YOUR Bonus on the ring damage PLUS the RINGS DEX BONUS on YOUR CURRENT DAMAGE. Same thing happens all the time on behind the scenes on weapons and other items. There is really nothing special about this item, it is just showing people how the sausage is made and LOOKS OP.

Anyway, since the ring gives damage and really nothing else, it will make you kill weak things faster, so the ring IS good for one thing, farming more rings

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

17.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #55
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

As most of you have surmised this is indeed a bug. The damage will be coming down on these rings to make them fit appropriately where under the mythic and legendary damage rings.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    As most of you have surmised this is indeed a bug. The damage will be coming down on these rings to make them fit appropriately where under the mythic and legendary damage rings.
    No surprises here but thanks for clearing that up!

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Swede has also responded in the other thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1284291

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

u guys should double check urself when adding items in game. I'm only out 500k but there are people who spent a lot more on these. Here were I work we have people who do design drawings before we fabricate our product. Before the product is made separate people come behind them and check their work. It would save ur customers from getting upset/frustrated/losing gold. It's pretty plain to see what the stats on these rings were. It shouldn't be that hard to implement something.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Why not sharing this information since the beginning ?
    Why not making quick maintenance after u know it ?
    Eventhough i'm not buying this ring, but lots of people will feel cheated by this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I feel pity to anyone that pay 4 million for that ring..(moment of silence)