Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Event is not great for non lvl35+...

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #21
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maxcd View Post
    Thats because the probability of getting hellish gear is high.
    Out of 16 Crates I've had only 1 prize which was not hellish gear or a vampire amulet (it was a rouge vanity helm). The odds of Vlad, plat and the helms are extremely low.
    This is a false assumption for this event chest.

Every item in the jack o lantern daily chests has an equal chance to drop. Legendaries, epics, eggs, vanities... Its literally like rolling a d20 and loot is attached to each number. ONLY for this daily reward chest.

This is because due to the limited time of the event the persevered rarity of the items are limited by their availability already. If you did every day of the event there are a large number of possibilities, and at best you get 12 tries the entire event. This then varies depending on the level of a player when they open the chest. Trading and selling things you don't need is good for the games health, and fun!

Glad you are enjoying the event everyone!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

I believe what Max is saying is that Hellish gear and Vampire amulets, 1 for each class makes it 3 chances at some type of Hellish gear and 3 chances at some type of Vampire amulet meanwhile a Vlad egg is simply just 1 Vlad egg.

So in theory, this is correct, the chances to loot ANY type of Hellish regardless if all items have the same possibility of being looted, your chances of looting a Hellish piece of gear or Vampire Amulet is much higher than looting a Vlad egg. Same goes for the vanities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    This is a false assumption for this event chest.

Every item in the jack o lantern daily chests has an equal chance to drop. Legendaries, epics, eggs, vanities... Its literally like rolling a d20 and loot is attached to each number. ONLY for this daily reward chest.

This is because due to the limited time of the event the persevered rarity of the items are limited by their availability already. If you did every day of the event there are a large number of possibilities, and at best you get 12 tries the entire event. This then varies depending on the level of a player when they open the chest. Trading and selling things you don't need is good for the games health, and fun!

Glad you are enjoying the event everyone!
    Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    I believe what Max is saying is that Hellish gear and Vampire amulets, 1 for each class makes it 3 chances at some type of Hellish gear and 3 chances at some type of Vampire amulet meanwhile a Vlad egg is simply just 1 Vlad egg.

So in theory, this is correct, the chances to loot ANY type of Hellish regardless if all items have the same possibility of being looted, your chances of looting a Hellish piece of gear or Vampire Amulet is much higher than looting a Vlad egg. Same goes for the vanities.
    Thank you for the clarification, but is it like what Keikali stated in his quote, where each variation of the item gets its own individual chance in the chest pool? or by category (equal chance for Vampire, hellish, etc).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Got 16 jacks, open 12 (range lvl10-15): 1 rogue pumpkin vanity, 3 hells armor/helm (dmg), 2 vamp (dmg). Rest junk armor and necky.

The pumpkin vanity rogue is the ugliest. Sold it right away. Dont like to keep ugly stuff.
    Hope gettin vlad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

I absolutely love the warrior pumpkin head and got a couple for my warrior toons. People that are selling them for 30-50k will regret! On a side note, at first I thought that the mummy vanity was butt ugly! Like the worst I've seen, but if you use the pumpkin head on it, then BAM wow, best vanity for the warrior EVER especially with the flappy wings!! My warrior can be level 100 and still sport that anime look!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

I looted my best eggs (vladd) and vanities (jack o'latern guise) on my lvl16 toons. My main is looting absolute crap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Beside the 1 Vlad egg I looted on my main, the rest has been crap. On my alts however, they're looting vanities, LOL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bonthan View Post
    Looks like I'm preaching to the choir here, seeing as most that posted see the potential value of these new items.

Check the stats on this new gear. For my Mage lvl 10 and 25 hellish purps were best in class compared to pinks, especially the lvl 10, even beating out lvl 11 gear. The lvl 36 pink hellish is average at best, maybe below average compared to lvl 36 pinks. Here and now the purps are spot on while the higher lvls are holding armor that they won't use. As for the amulets, all points into one stat? Right on!! Am I not supposed to be all dex on my rogue?

There's a person scratching his head asking another right now,"why is your crit so high?"
    A cheap blue amulet gives 2% more crit then the pure dex amulet..
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    .................................................. ................................Sig made by BeelzzeBob