Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Mythic Weapon Pricing Explained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

This is a race to get who have 1.000.000.000 gold first

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I'm gonna have to chime in here and say that I DONT think the prices of mythics are absurd at all. I haven't even hit 500k or even close (just nailed 200k) and I'm fine with them being so far out of my reach currently. It gives me something to work at and look forward to, and the legendaries have been doing me just fine. Sure I don't care about my kdr and don't pvp so that plays into my not caring about price I'm sure, but I think 20 - 50 mill is still rather attainable for the average farmer who doesn't even have a ton of time. I work 50 - 60 hours a week and in the hour I get to play a day I still feel like its not an issue at all with the prices being as high as they are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Best weapon for what amount of time? if game expands, price would drop back imo. if only weapons are upgradable, the millions should be more than currently. But for now its like a waste of gold.
    Last edited by BudakGemuk; 11-10-2013 at 08:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I don't understand why u deleted ur post
    But anyways good luck with whatever scheme ur trying to pull off

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fairytalez View Post
    I didn't delete any post...?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Lol that's why some of ur post are missing and we wer on 4th page but okay
    Anyways.

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #47
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    803 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fairytalez View Post
    I deleted the above posts.
    | | |

| |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I think people should look back and see how mythic weapons settled in price after the first event they were released. For the most part they were in the 8-11m range.

Now after a second longer event, prices have gone far above that even for the "non-helloween" versions. The reasons you state for why the price increase happened sound about right, but that doesn't mean the current prices of the weapons themselves are priced well.

Personally, I would make the opposite conclusion

All your "evaluation" reasons would have applied after the first event finished but you did not see prices at the levels they are now. That alone should be explanation enough.

I think your post brings up an interesting point though Apollo. STS needs to look at this and decide how they will proceed in the future especially with Christmas on the horizon.

1) Is their platinum revenue going to be driven by locked crates (I'm making an assumption but I'll wager most arcane weapons/eggs/mythic items are from crates and not elite gold chests)
    2) Or will it be driven by new platinum purchasable eggs and vanities (no gambling; what happened this helloween event)

Because if their model is shifting towards 2, the scarcity of mythic/arcane items will only continue to be more prevalent and likewise the increase of potential buyers. It's another conversation on how rare mythic items should be, but it will be interesting to see what STS decides.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bluevaporz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bluevaporz View Post
    I think people should look back and see how mythic weapons settled in price after the first event they were released. For the most part they were in the 8-11m range.

Now after a second longer event, prices have gone far above that even for the "non-helloween" versions. The reasons you state for why the price increase happened sound about right, but that doesn't mean the current prices of the weapons themselves are priced well.

Personally, I would make the opposite conclusion

All your "evaluation" reasons would have applied after the first event finished but you did not see prices at the levels they are now. That alone should be explanation enough.

I think your post brings up an interesting point though Apollo. STS needs to look at this and decide how they will proceed in the future especially with Christmas on the horizon.

1) Is their platinum revenue going to be driven by locked crates (I'm making an assumption but I'll wager most arcane weapons/eggs/mythic items are from crates and not elite gold chests)
    2) Or will it be driven by new platinum purchasable eggs and vanities (no gambling; what happened this helloween event)

Because if their model is shifting towards 2, the scarcity of mythic/arcane items will only continue to be more prevalent and likewise the increase of potential buyers. It's another conversation on how rare mythic items should be, but it will be interesting to see what STS decides.
    Hey man,

First off, I gotta say... thanks for a constructive post! This thread has needed one for quite a while.

I do agree that some of my evaluation reasons would have applied after the first event. However, what the first event didn't have that this Helloween event did have is the Grimm eggs. People bought Grimm eggs in batches of 10 or more. Now, that is a WHOPPING 8m+ for some. Now, I'm pretty sure I never saw any new mythic weapons as low as 11M. However, the staffs were hovering at 10m for some time.

If you checked the AH and the CS, it is easy to see that players bought these eggs by the dozens & for some, even hundreds! This is a huge amount of money being consolidated. I personally know a guy who has bought most of his gear through the event alone! So, I'm pretty sure that people were thinking "I'll just buy grimm eggs to afford the weapons!". Well, that was fine and all for the first few players who did this. However, when an increasing amount of players started doing it; the supply ran out leading to a very accelerated growth rate (on top of the merchants already hoarding some mythic items).

As for the 2nd part of your post, I'm inclined to agree. Many players are betting on a double mythic weekend. I am, however, not. Why? After the double mythic weekend, it almost killed locked crates being opened after that. I'm sure, as a business, STG would prefer a steady amount of crates being opened daily versus a large amount being opened in 2 days. You can't overwork the cow or all you're going to get is spoiled milk!

I think, that a healthy switch between both 1 & 2 is a profitable option. When one option starts losing efficiency, switch to the other option. When that option starts losing efficiency, switch back! It keeps both options having plenty of time to regenerate.

11.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #50
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    803 Posts

I am opening back up this thread. Below is a link the forum rules. Please follow the forum rules when replying to a thread.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules
    | | |

| |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Delphina For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Delphina View Post
    I am opening back up this thread. Below is a link the forum rules. Please follow the forum rules when replying to a thread.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules
    hmmmmm thanks delphina
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

1) the prices for new mythic weapons are fair. And even helms and armors considering you can upgrade them. The problem is there are many "closet" merchers. These are the people who would try to convince you your items are worth less to make ludicrous offers to get the profit themselves.

Everybody knows the big merchers, its the closet ones who are greedy and ripe to try to take advantage of people

2) with that said, the notion of someone getting ahead on this game without spending at least SOME plat or by dubious means is laughable. Farming in this game is as much of a gamble as opening crates.

I ran full elite nordr the other day for APs on a toon, Nothing good not even an Elite silver warchest, due to extreme masochism decided to run several other elite maps, not one decent drop. I've seen people complain when they drop Pylon of "xxxx" from Fenix and it isn't brutality complain. Hell at least its SOMETHING.

Somebody getting 30+M without any plat... Yeah cute story.
    And assuming you did it via "hard work" well I suggest you take your abilities to the real world then for some real cash because you're truly gifted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terracio View Post
    1) the prices for new mythic weapons are fair. And even helms and armors considering you can upgrade them. The problem is there are many "closet" merchers. These are the people who would try to convince you your items are worth less to make ludicrous offers to get the profit themselves.

Everybody knows the big merchers, its the closet ones who are greedy and ripe to try to take advantage of people

2) with that said, the notion of someone getting ahead on this game without spending at least SOME plat or by dubious means is laughable. Farming in this game is as much of a gamble as opening crates.

I ran full elite nordr the other day for APs on a toon, Nothing good not even an Elite silver warchest, due to extreme masochism decided to run several other elite maps, not one decent drop. I've seen people complain when they drop Pylon of "xxxx" from Fenix and it isn't brutality complain. Hell at least its SOMETHING.

Somebody getting 30+M without any plat... Yeah cute story.
    And assuming you did it via "hard work" well I suggest you take your abilities to the real world then for some real cash because you're truly gifted.
    Hey man,

My family does stocks irl, as do I. So, merchanting & forecasting rising in prices is my forte. However, I'm not one to deny that I have not spent platinum in this game. At the time, when I was starting up, I spent a lot of platinum. However, pretty much every single cent I spent went towards a full mythic set for my rogue which I did not sell even when prices plummeted from 30m to 10m. Was it economically stupid? Sure, however, that set got me a bunch of kills in PvP and sure made farming a heck of a lot easier.

Since then, for the most part, I do not spend platinum on making money. Well, apart from the free platinum offers that update every now and then. Why? Well, without spending platinum, the game is a challenge. In other STG games, I have spent over 40k platinum, so I didn't want to go down the same path again in this game. Working towards getting the items that you have is a very gratifying feeling.

I think, after some re-evaluation, there will be another mythic weekend. However, it will not be a double mythic weekend. Most likely, it'll be a normal mythic weekend re-introducing the mythic weapons into the market.

However, we're just players. All we can really do is speculate, try to predict STG's decisions, and hope that we are right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Double mythic weekend while good on paper destroys prices and whats worse, makes ppl think prices can't ever go back up which is ridiculous.

When I do try to merch unwittingly I can come off as jerk because I see someone lowball me (unable to cope or accept rising prices) and I end up saying "well buy from somebody else, trying to make some gold here"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

Wouldnt hoarding mythic lead to a terrible over-supply and panic sales if a mythic weapon weekend appears? Especially when that happens after the crafting system is intriduced?

so i think hoarding is high risk. Everybody was hoarding crates before this this helloween-event, but contrary to other events, the prices stayed mor or less level, peaked just a day after the release at 16 k and went down again. I can see no other reason than over-supply.

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Let's not overcomplicate things and make it seem right by using too many words. Double-odds helps everyone ( Except those hoarding mythics. ) Plat-spenders get their moneys worth, non-paying players sell crates for 25-30K each. No need to be selfish.
    I'm not lazy, I'm just on energy saving mode.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

It's not about being selfish it's just that merchers (you know the ones that don't like having to wait for big events to make some money) can end up losing big because of the price crash.

Honestly it would be easier if community was mature (or smart, not sure which) enough to understand how supply and demand works.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

I'd like to request the fixing of the 90% DMG reduction gets some more attention. I feel it's very unfair and should be one of the main priorities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by parnasofication View Post
    Let's not overcomplicate things and make it seem right by using too many words. Double-odds helps everyone ( Except those hoarding mythics. ) Plat-spenders get their moneys worth, non-paying players sell crates for 25-30K each. No need to be selfish.
    Stig, the last time this happened, the market crashed. Double mythics overpopulates the mythic market and also destroys the market for elite legendary gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Stig, the last time this happened, the market crashed. Double mythics overpopulates the mythic market and also destroys the market for elite legendary gear.
    Last time this happened was for the 36 mythics right? As far as I can remember, they had an intro price of 12m and later on settled at 15m. (Mythic Glaive) Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bash or point fingers. Hoarders are just terms I use to shorten "smart merchants".

I opened 300+ crates for halloween(a mistake I will never repeat again), and NO mythic weapon. Double mythic means what then? 1%? 2%? .01 to .02%. It's all just luck anyway. I just call it as I see it, and hope for a good time farming crates once again if they get to 25k+.

Sent from under my bed.
    I'm not lazy, I'm just on energy saving mode.