Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Should Arcane weapon have 4 or 5 slots socket? it should not be equal to mythic items

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deadroth View Post
    Yea This one slows attack like hell.. Don't forget bout it There is complain thread bout it.

The 35 m diffrence between myth staff and arcane isn't worth it. thats all,

Okok, if even we will add this spell, and dmg, this isn't worth these 35m + for that staff.. If it had that 4th socket, i would start to think, bout buying it if i had this 50m.. Otherwise, i would say, it is only op stick for 2 seasons.

For that 50 m , i could had full myth set (upgraded ofc ) Myth staff, ring, amulet, arcane pet, and next myth weap from second season of relase of Arcane staff.. What we are talking bout.. It is clear, the arcane needs a buff, which would get pepole to buy it...
    If you lead with the charged spell, it is completely fine and will actually help you survive. I've seen some sorcs use it the way I'm saying and suddenly, they transform into tanks! -.-

The other attacks are quite up to speed. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, but I think right now you're attempting to give a perspective without even working with these weapons...
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

-1 for this post, i guess most players disagree 4 slots for arcane.

And I do not see the point that you compare L31 arcane with L36 mythic, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME LEVEL.

We should always compare gears at same level first, think about arcane staff L36, it is already much much better then mythic staff L36.

If one more slot for arcane staff, this will break the balance for sure....no chance for mythic staff players either in pvp or in pve speed runs

This is a bad idea.... as least in my opinion.

And I have another question about the poster of this thread...why you always try to fight against most players???is that cool?
    Last edited by Avshow; 11-11-2013 at 01:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?120788-Charged-attack-on-arcane-staff-is-ridiculously-slow-amp-low-damage&p=1333193#post1333193

That was misunerstood for sure Apollo.

Quote Originally Posted by Avshow View Post
    -1 for this post, i guess most player disagress 4 slots for arcane.

And I do not see the point that you compare L31 arcane with L36 mythic, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME LEVEL.

We should always compare gears at same level first, think about arcane staff L36, it is already much much better then mythic staff L36.

If one more slot for arcane staff, this will break the balance for sure....no chance for mythic staff players either in pvp or in pve speed runs

This is a bad idea.... as least in my opinion.

And I have another question about the poster of this thread...why you always try to fight against most players???is that cool?

So You admitting, that Arcane should be comparable only tho items in expansion, in which it was relased? Ridiculous.. I thought, when i buy arcane, i buy it for at least 2, or 3 seasons... Cuz i spend big amount of money then... veery big one..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

The arcane staff is definitely not as awesome as the arcane maul was at season 4 or as awesome as the arcane hooks were at season 3, i think most will agree.

But this thread is about adding 1 more gem slot to the arcane weapons which is completely unnecessary, just a selfish guy whos frustrated that his lvl31 arcane maul isnt 34234523% better than a LVL36 mythic glaive

We all know the devs wont add a fourth gem slot to the arcane weapons so can we please stop bumping this thread and make new ones with relevant ideas

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to matanofx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?120788-Charged-attack-on-arcane-staff-is-ridiculously-slow-amp-low-damage&p=1333193#post1333193

So You admitting, that Arcane should be comparable only tho items in expansion, in which it was relased? Ridiculous.. I thought, when i buy arcane, i buy it for at least 2, or 3 seasons... Cuz i spend big amount of money then... veery big one..
    In my post, I state that if you lead with charged staff attack, the timing shouldn't really make a difference. It reduces damage throughout the fight and will definitely reduce damage for a good while.

After that, you can continue with the smurf's main combo.

Dead, honestly, the items do last. I believe last expansion you were saying "hooks shouldn't get buff, they aren't meant to last 3 expansions when they did). The maul, however, is more than holding it's own. It's still the best weapon out there and will continue to be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matanofx View Post
    The arcane staff is definitely not as awesome as the arcane maul was at season 4 or as awesome as the arcane hooks were at season 3, i think most will agree.

But this thread is about adding 1 more gem slot to the arcane weapons which is completely unnecessary, just a selfish guy whos frustrated that his lvl31 arcane maul isnt 34234523% better than a LVL36 mythic glaive

We all know the devs wont add a fourth gem slot to the arcane weapons so can we please stop bumping this thread and make new ones with relevant ideas
    Agree with this bout staff Matan, it is overpriced, but i would still agree with that fourth gem would be really great addition to arcanes, and it would move the 'prices' to fluctuate, and encouarge clients to buy them.

Apollo i know maul is great weapon but.. the glavie is IMO fabulous too... And it is most comparable combo of myth-arcane weap in all expansions.. hooks were much better than bow.. and maul isn't better than hooks were to bow, instead, comparable to glavie ofc..
    Ik, it is twisted.. XD But i meant, the diffrence between hooks and bow, isn't soo big as between maul, and glavie..

I admitted, if the maul was on hooks place, then, the glavie would be on bow place. (i wanted only to compare the diffrences)
    Last edited by Deadroth; 11-11-2013 at 01:54 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

I did not say arcane should be comparable only to items in expansion.Of course, when sts make some decision, they have to take lots thing into consideration.

What I wanted to say is: compare to the gears at level FIRST.

it is just my opinion, as a rogue player, currently I do not have any problem with arcane issue, I just share my opinion about balance ,about fairness. We do play mostly with the players at same level, if sts make too much superior to the arcane gears, this will ruin the game , ruin the balance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Are people really arguing over such a small stat increase? Its +5 max for the maul and +6 max for the arcane staff. The real power of gems is when you get 5 or more stacked on a single player.

Honestly this is like adding a gaupo to your Samuel's stats, you achieved almost nothing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Agree with this bout staff Matan, it is overpriced, but i would still agree with that fourth gem would be really great addition to arcanes, and it would move the 'prices' to fluctuate, and encouarge clients to buy them.

Apollo i know maul is great weapon but.. the glavie is IMO fabulous too... And it is most comparable combo of myth-arcane weap in all expansions.. hooks were much better than bow.. and maul isn't better than hooks were to bow, instead, comparable to glavie ofc..
    Ik, it is twisted.. XD But i meant, the diffrence between hooks and bow, isn't soo big as between maul, and glavie..
    Actually... bow was arguably better than hooks in many scenarios, especially PvP. Again, this only proves my point that you're making comments without actually testing anything, man. You gotta stop doing that or your opinion starts losing legitimacy in people's eyes.

Both the L36 mythic and L31 maul are slated to be better than the best L41 legendary. Of course they're going to be comparable, with the maul still edging out slightly as the victor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Actually... bow was arguably better than hooks in many scenarios, especially PvP. Again, this only proves my point that you're making comments without actually testing anything, man. You gotta stop doing that or your opinion starts losing legitimacy in people's eyes.

Both the L36 mythic and L31 maul are slated to be better than the best L41 legendary. Of course they're going to be comparable, with the maul still edging out slightly as the victor.

So You say, apart even from that comparing, that Maul is much better than glavie? This is still 17m diffrence, and glavie is doing veeeery well in pvp and pve. I am not a warrior, so i don't need to know such detailed things, but this thread is about every arcane, and i still think, it needs 2 socket advance on myths. You hav warrior with maul, have You one with glavie too? no? aww.. this shows You don't have profs to fully argue too... Stop saying those texts like 'without having it', I don't need to have current item, to see how it works. Say what You wish, but i suppose, peps will agree bout that, arcane items aren't truly arcane as they should. I use forums to test, and peeps opinions, and as You could see, there was thread bout glavie, and many said, it is 'preety' good for myth item... You can prove Your points, from this is the forum, but i want to prove one point in this discussion, not that bout compares lol, but that about which is that whole discuss, the advance of arcanes on myths. It is needed, that is MINE opinion, Apollo, and You don't need to agree with it.

_______
    Deadroth

PS. I said what i had to. I showed my point, You showed Yours, let Dev read, or just close this thread. whatever.
    Last edited by Deadroth; 11-11-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

somtimes twink gears more expensive than mythic, think about pvp in l31, arcane gives too much advantage.You can use Maul at l36 and L31 pvp, works fine, especially at L31 pvp. Can you use glavie on L31 pvp? no!! That worth 17m

So You say, apart even from that comparing, that Maul is much better than glavie? This is still 17m diffrence, and glavie is doing veeeery well in pvp and pve. I am not a warrior, so i don't need to know such detailed things, but this thread is about every arcane, and i still think, it needs 2 socket advance on myths. You hav warrior with maul, have You one with glavie too? no? aww.. this shows You don't have profs to fully argue too... Stop saying those texts like 'without having it', I don't need to have current item, to see how it works. Say what You wish, but i suppose, peps will agree bout that, arcane items aren't truly arcane as they should. I use forums to test, and peeps opinions, and as You could see, there was thread bout glavie, and many said, it is 'preety' good for myth item... You can prove Your points, from this is the forum, but i want to prove one point in this discussion, not that bout compares lol, but that about which is that whole discuss, the advance of arcanes on myths. It is needed, that is MINE opinion, Apollo, and You don't need to agree with it.

_______
    Deadroth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matanofx View Post

Arcane staff isn't a game changer like arcane maul, this is proven by the CTF tournament. From my experience it just puts me on the same level as a rogue with mythic bow in terms of possible damage, lightning vs aimed shot. When my shield goes down, with full health I can be combo'd in 2 hits. The charge attack on the arcane staff is a joke. It does less damage and its so slow you will die before it even goes off. And to fire it as a charged attack, you have to stand still. There is no auto targetting like fireball. So you'd be lucky to hit anything with it. The only good thing on the proc is +60 INT. Damage goes from 533 to 583. And +10 Mana regen for a mage? What is the point of this? I could understand if this was a party buff. But this feature is entirely useless when I have 5180 mana. If anyone can afford to buy an arcane staff they can certainly afford to spend pots on mana. Also with Samael's healing over time this is also made further useless. Because Samael's effect is always active and its a party buff. So really besides the stats increase and +60 INT proc which amounts to about 8.5% increase in damage, everything else is useless. They could have saved themselves the effort and just not included it.

As for the original suggestion. I don't think its necessary to add additional slots to arcane weapons. They are already better then their mythic counter parts. If they wanted to they could give a slight bump per socket, like +1 per socket, without making much of a difference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

_______
    Deadroth

PS. I said what i had to. I showed my point, You showed Yours, let Dev read, or just close this thread. whatever.
    I PvP a lot & I do a lot of testing with the help of other players. The maul wins. Daddyblu can testify to that as well. Actually, this is what he always says in other posts as well.

Considering that you have not utilized or tested any of the weapons you are talking about yet remain adamant on arguing about them shows that you just like the argue.

Remember the previous mythic staff thread addressing the glitch? You loved to argue that it was meant to be when it clearly wasn't. A developer posted later on that this was a glitch. A lot of the arguments you make, you come across as uninformed & argue for the sake of arguing.

I don't appreciate you wasting my time or others time as well by misinforming them.

This is my last post to you on the matter, Dead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

If you lead with the charged spell, it is completely fine and will actually help you survive. I've seen some sorcs use it the way I'm saying and suddenly, they transform into tanks! -.-

The other attacks are quite up to speed. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, but I think right now you're attempting to give a perspective without even working with these weapons...
    Is this a joke? You tell someone you are attempting to give a perspective without even working with these weapons. Have you used arcane staff in PvP? I honestly don't know what you are talking about. But if you are referring to the charged staff attack. Then you have to be kidding me. I lead with a charged staff attack and allow myself to be combo'd by a rogue or stunned by another mage? Can you prove to me that a charged attack on the arcane staff even does any damage reduction on a target? Because I have never seen this in my own testing. So prove me wrong because I call BS on this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Is this a joke? You tell someone you are attempting to give a perspective without even working with these weapons. Have you used arcane staff in PvP? I honestly don't know what you are talking about. But if you are referring to the charged staff attack. Then you have to be kidding me. I lead with a charged staff attack and allow myself to be combo'd by a rogue or stunned by another mage? Can you prove to me that a charged attack on the arcane staff even does any damage reduction on a target? Because I have never seen this in my own testing. So prove me wrong because I call BS on this.
    I've seen it used in that manner by many skilled mages, Falm.

If I'm not mistaken, your Mage has a very few amount of PvP kills. So, like I said to Deadroth, giving advice in an area which isn't your expertise is like giving incomplete information. Have you tried using the charged spell versus a warrior? It negates their crit so you can space out heal way better.

It reduces crit, so in turn, it reduces damage. I believe it was in the patch notes.

Is the attack slow? For sure. Does it need to be improved? For sure. However, it is highly underestimated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-Arcane-Weapon

It's mentioned in the bottom of the OP.

Also, if charging does take 5-6 seconds, you should report it as a bug because it's supposed to take 1.8 seconds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-Arcane-Weapon

It's mentioned in the bottom of the OP.

Also, if charging does take 5-6 seconds, you should report it as a bug because it's supposed to take 1.8 seconds.
    This has already been reported to the devs. I remember Falmear stating this issue because literally this makes this charged skill useless if it takes so long.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

I've seen it used in that manner by many skilled mages, Falm.

If I'm not mistaken, your Mage has a very few amount of PvP kills. So, like I said to Deadroth, giving advice in an area which isn't your expertise is like giving incomplete information. Have you tried using the charged spell versus a warrior? It negates their crit so you can space out heal way better.

It reduces crit, so in turn, it reduces damage. I believe it was in the patch notes.

Is the attack slow? For sure. Does it need to be improved? For sure. However, it is highly underestimated.
    So you have never used one? So why are you even talking about it? By your own statement you should not talk about anything you don't have experience using. Secondly this further shows you don't even know what you are talking about. It has a chance to reduce crit.

Charged Attack will 100% of the time cast a new Shadowflare spell. This is a shadow fireball with a chance to reduce enemy crit chance, and/or snare movement by 30%. It is an AoE spell with the area being equivalent to a charged fireball. This costs 0 mana, but does a little bit less damage than charged fireball. Charging takes 1.8 seconds.
    So what are you talking about? If I spend 2 seconds to fire a charged attack that only has a chance to reduce crit. Maybe the next time you link to something you'll actually read it. Also the last time I tested this the damage on the AOE spell was no where near a charged fireball. The way you talk like it happens all the time and makes mages a tank. This is hilarious and you are always talk in such hyperbolic terms. Get your facts straight first. No way this makes mages a tank.
    Last edited by falmear; 11-11-2013 at 03:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    This has already been reported to the devs. I remember Falmear stating this issue because literally this makes this charged skill useless if it takes so long.
    Yes...but if you're starting off with it before the battle begins, believe me, it helps.

@Falm
    I don't have a Mage, but I do see mages utilize it effectively in 1v1s. Last time I checked, your PvP kills combined were under 1k so...how are you going to make an accurate judgement on it?

I never denied that the staff doesn't need fixing. However, vs. a warrior, it can greatly improve your chances to live A warrior doesn't have the damage to KO a Mage in the time it takes to charge other skills and get away.

I read it; I know it has a chance to reduce. Have you personally tested the debuff chance? When I've been hit by it, I have noticed the critical debuff work quite often.

You're forgetting that it takes two people to test something, not just the owner of the weapon.

This debuff does a lot against a warrior's Vengeful Blood. Instead of arguing with me, why not go ahead and test it out? Remember, I'm not saying to use it throughout the match. I am saying it to use it starting off where charge time doesn't really apply.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

P.S: Part of the reason why tanks are so hard to kill on a Mage is because a mage's DoT's trigger the juggernaut ability to keep healing. They're not high enough to kill the tank, but they are high enough to cause him to keep healing in surplus with each tick.

Just some food for thought.