Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ughh..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by blatta View Post
    If your mission is to make 200 mil out of 100, then this isn't really an issue. The key of this strategy is to ALWAYS have a lot of the highest priced items in cs. So you need like 50-100 mil as an investment and really mucho of patience with cs. With patience i mean, sometimes waiting a month or a year before stuff sells for the price you want.
    This is what you do?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

He's basically just trading on the lack of information and low supply of high-demand items. People will often look in CS and use that as the "right price". What they don't see is the history of what the the item has actually sold for over time, which would provide the real "right price". He can only do this because there's no public record of sale prices (say, the last 50 transactions) and not enough supply for sale to "hold" the right price in the market. When there's only one or two items ever listed, it's easy for someone with enough money to take them out of the market to drive the price up. It's a risk if he can't ever sell it for more than he paid, but as long as he's willing to wait he has a chance to make it back. The only thing that can kill him is for some major change to drive prices down, which in PL pretty much only happens with an increase in supply, e.g. drop rate increase.

This is why real-life markets both have huge supply and published sale prices. These two things keep direct price manipulation like this from being feasible. If PL published the history of sales that players could look up, the only thing left would be to try to buy up the supply to drive prices up. But that becomes a much bigger risk when everyone knows the "real" price the item sells for. The price has to legitimately go up to make any money then.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fusionstrike For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    169 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedbearrrr View Post
    This is what you do?
    Keep in mind of how much he says to have or have access too...lotta people dont have th gold on hand just on items..blatta is on a merch lvl that very few can match..so it will work for him bcuz of the amount of gold he has on hand...he is one of the best unknown merchants in pl

Quick! Staring contest...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by billybob1 View Post
    Keep in mind of how much he says to have or have access too...lotta people dont have th gold on hand just on items..blatta is on a merch lvl that very few can match..so it will work for him bcuz of the amount of gold he has on hand...he is one of the best unknown merchants in pl
    Tru tru

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

If your mission is to make 200 mil out of 100, then this isn't really an issue. The key of this strategy is to ALWAYS have a lot of the highest priced items in cs. So you need like 50-100 mil as an investment and really mucho of patience with cs. With patience i mean, sometimes waiting a month or a year before stuff sells for the price you want.
    He's the other guy who overprices items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    169 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IGN Storm View Post
    He's the other guy who overprices items.
    Who determines pricing? I dont get how people can say wut is op..

Quick! Staring contest...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fusionstrike View Post
    He's basically just trading on the lack of information and low supply of high-demand items. People will often look in CS and use that as the "right price". What they don't see is the history of what the the item has actually sold for over time, which would provide the real "right price". He can only do this because there's no public record of sale prices (say, the last 50 transactions) and not enough supply for sale to "hold" the right price in the market. When there's only one or two items ever listed, it's easy for someone with enough money to take them out of the market to drive the price up. It's a risk if he can't ever sell it for more than he paid, but as long as he's willing to wait he has a chance to make it back. The only thing that can kill him is for some major change to drive prices down, which in PL pretty much only happens with an increase in supply, e.g. drop rate increase.

This is why real-life markets both have huge supply and published sale prices. These two things keep direct price manipulation like this from being feasible. If PL published the history of sales that players could look up, the only thing left would be to try to buy up the supply to drive prices up. But that becomes a much bigger risk when everyone knows the "real" price the item sells for. The price has to legitimately go up to make any money then.
    Putting something like a price history would be a huge benefit for the PL economy though. It would very quickly diminish the profit margins of merchanting. That's a huge gain in and ofitself, because merchanting fundamentally is bad for the game. It is a transfer of wealth from the poorly informed to the well informed.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhoIsThis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    Putting something like a price history would be a huge benefit for the PL economy though. It would very quickly diminish the profit margins of merchanting. That's a huge gain in and ofitself, because merchanting fundamentally is bad for the game. It is a transfer of wealth from the poorly informed to the well informed.
    Itīs far more a transfer of wealth from the impatient to the patient. See all the people offering "fast cash" in BC
    igns are a bunch of *blatta*and *zzzet*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

I think I farmed with him a couple times cried, tried again, cried again. Never knew someone can get so many blade steels in a run...(Him being blatta)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cheenivie View Post
    I think I farmed with him a couple times cried, tried again, cried again. Never knew someone can get so many blade steels in a run...(Him being blatta)
    Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedbearrrr View Post
    This is what you do?
    Not exactly, iīm only trying to explain how a long term cs business model can make prices feeling op. Itīs a bit like buying beer at night at the gas station - it really feels op - but you lucky you got one anyway. ... On the other hand, some prices are only crazy and more of a joke. But thatīs really easy to figure out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Yah, i remember, the whole floor was wet from your sadness and frustration, but i hat my luck panties on and drops where raining on me. Good times, gone times. Don't work anymore

15. The Following User Says Thank You to blatta For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Not exactly, iīm only trying to explain how a long term cs business model can make prices feeling op. Itīs a bit like buying beer at night at the gas station - it really feels op - but you lucky you got one anyway. ... On the other hand, some prices are only crazy and more of a joke. But thatīs really easy to figure out.
    Ah okay thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Yah, i remember, the whole floor was wet from your sadness and frustration, but i hat my luck panties on and drops where raining on me. Good times, gone times. Don't work anymore
    Hahah hit me up IG if you need someone to farm with I'm low on gold nowadays

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billybob1 View Post
    Who determines pricing? I dont get how people can say wut is op..
    Anything that exceeds what people normally buy/sell for is OP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

But if everyone selling the item sells it for an "op" price the price goes up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Hahah hit me up IG if you need someone to farm with I'm low on gold nowadays
    see u there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

From a 10.000 meter distance thatīs absolutely true. But what people pay for an item differs much between markets (CS, Forum, "Street", PVP) alone. Also prices changes much in time. At Fang-cap i remember buying much from US-Players in the evening (europe here) and selling to asian people in the morning. My own definition of OP is, when i have a somehow fixed buy/sell price and find myself some day with 20/40/50 pieces of that item, then i have overpriced it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

But if everyone selling the item sells it for an "op" price the price goes up
    If a Demo Xbow Set sells for 6.2mil ish 100 times and was sold for an OP price, say 10mil, then the normal price is around 6.24 (Averaged) which makes a price of 10 mil OP.

But if everyone sells for an OP price, then its not really OP since that's what people normally buy/sell for.

From a 10.000 meter distance thatīs absolutely true. But what people pay for an item differs much between markets (CS, Forum, "Street", PVP) alone. Also prices changes much in time. At Fang-cap i remember buying much from US-Players in the evening (europe here) and selling to asian people in the morning. My own definition of OP is, when i have a somehow fixed buy/sell price and find myself some day with 20/40/50 pieces of that item, then i have overpriced it.
    The prices for the "different markets" aren't different by very much. Prices do change over time but an item is still overly priced if it's listed 20% higher than the average price.