Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lightning vs aimed shot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I think most people are missing the point. Obviously there is some part of the equation we don't know. So unless we hear it from the developers, if will just have to be as fluff said.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    Lol maybe because mage class is meant for more support than rouge.
    Rouges are full on dmg.

Lol this is ridiculous!
    Devs have said multiple times mage is not meant to be a support class

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phillyr View Post

So its meant to be the second rouge? Critting just as high just with a lot of mana? No.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

No...don't think I ever said that should be the case...did u even read anybody's posts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

So its meant to be the second rouge? Critting just as high just with a lot of mana? No.
    I AM NOT COMPLAINING AS I HAVE STATED MULTIPLE TIMES! JUST TRYING TO HAVE A FRIENDLY DISCUSSION ABOUT THE DIFFERENCE IN SKILLS BETWEEN THE TWO. y u guys getting so defensive over a question? I understand it's the best skill u got, and don't want it nerfed...that's not what this topic it's about. I don't think it should be

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Mage is the ballista class. They put out the most TOTAL damage (damage * number of enemies affected).

Rogue is the single damage class so they are supposed to be able to hit the hardest against a single enemy. Without a powerful aim shot, that would not be the case. Also regarding aim, it is a wide roll. Crits can range from 1000 up to 2500 on the same enemy.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    I think most people are missing the point. Obviously there is some part of the equation we don't know. So unless we hear it from the developers, if will just have to be as fluff said.
    I think it's because the armor debuff is put into the equation before the actual damage is done.

Hence, why you can see a rogue with 426 damage crit a 3.5k on a Mage in pvp.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Yes Zeus the armor debuff explains the damage done. And again lol I am not complaining that rogues do more damage, I just wanted to know why :-P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Is probably the armor debuff combined with a higher base crit damage modifier for Aimed Shot before the 250% is applied. STS has shown that they can change this at will when they increased mage crit damage a couple of updates ago.

We've never gotten any official confirmation from devs on this, but I'm willing to bet that Aimed Shot (and probably Piercer too) has a much higher crit modifier than Lightning before the 250% is applied. The same probably applies for non crit damage too as shown by Falmear's experiment. The damage number on our stat sheet is misleading because it's just one part of the invisible math that STS keeps a mystery.

I would love to hear from a dev on this, but I doubt that will ever happen.
    Airys <Average Joes>

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Yakiniku For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

All I have to say is if this rumor of an arcane bow is true pvp is gonna go to hell for us mages. Even as a maxxed out arcane mage my screen is screaming red after a well placed aimed shot by a mythic rogue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gatzoo5505 View Post
    All I have to say is if this rumor of an arcane bow is true pvp is gonna go to hell for us mages. Even as a maxxed out arcane mage my screen is screaming red after a well placed aimed shot by a mythic rogue.
    LOL ikr, I am really curious to see what this bow can do, if it is indeed coming out. Most of the new content these guys are pushing out is really neat. Can't wait to see what's in store for the future

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Mages skills are in not really ment to support anyone. The mage class is pure aoe, its ment to take out large mobs. Which I guess in a way is considered support but over all there weaker 1v1 wether its bosses or pvp. They have no real benifits to helping elite bosses aside from the mana regen you get if there a smart player. Not saying the mage is not a viable player though, without that clock and stun, elite would be a nightmare. Every class has a job learn to use it to your adavantage and the world is your oyster. I have 3 end game toon 1 of each class. My rogue locks/pvp, war pvp/elite, my mage farm/elite

On topic- a mages lightning replaces the -15% armor reduction for a +25% chance to stun for 3 sec. This is a big deal using the combo of fire/lightning your looking at a 6 sec down time. Now anyone thats ever pvped in end game can tell you most fights dont last 6 seconds. Now lets look at a few other upgrades comparing the 15% dmg boost on mage compared to the 10% on each successful hit of a rogue. This is a 3 to 2 ratio every 2 hits a mage makes is equal to the boost a rogue in 3 hits the difference is the possibilities of crit. The average rogue has 33% chance to crit meaning 1 in 3 is a crit. Mages on the other hand have roughly a 15% chance to crit 1 in 7. Basically the stun from mages if used right give them a 2 to 1 hit. So basically the theory is w a mage using stun he can achieve 7 hits to a rogues 3. If the mage is goo the can judge when the crit is coming and activate shield which completely cancels the crit hit so now you just went from 1/3 crit to 1/6 crit chance.The key to mage vs rogue is stun vs dmg. If a mage can make it through a rogues 1st cycle of skills it will most likely win they just need to play both offensive and defensive

Basically in a 6 sec fight a mage can deal 4.5k of dmg in 4 hit where as the rogue deals 5000 4 hits. The difference is the probability of stun/shield negating 1 rogues hit making it mage has 4 hits dealing 4.5k and a rogue 3hits dealing 3.75k dmg. Hope this some what helps
    Last edited by nukedwolf; 12-15-2013 at 03:48 PM. Reason: weaker* also the dmgs I used are just visual numbers not actual dmgs for the precision nazis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

25% chance to stun is useless on lightning. Because stun from fireball is 100%. Then they get 6 seconds of stun immunity. If you have this upgrade you wasted one skill point. IMO in PvE & PvP the other 2 upgrades to lightning are a waste of time (shock & electrical discharge). Also to clarify this mage are a support class, I suggest you read this:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1263221

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    That was never the intended role of the Sorcerer. The Sorcerer is supposed to be AOE Damage with some control. We don't want a dedicated support character. These are steps in that direction. Crit is just becoming the Sorcerers 'thing'. Rogues will be looked at as well and have something different. Not going to just do the same update on the Rogues as I do on the Sorcerer, then their powercurve moves up equally, just leaving the warrior behind.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Robhawk

Another "thing" that keeps us mages down:

1. Shield is totally bugged! You call charged shield and it just doesnt apply! There is no cancel, no enemy shooting - shield broken -> gg! The rogue kills you in a single combo...

2. Fireball is messed up for some days (as allready pointed out by a lot of players). So you open the fight with a charged fireball to stun the rogue and... oh... where is this fireball gone? Its gone nowhere which means vs good rogue -> ty gg!

So in the worst case your bugged fireball misses and to not instant die u call your bugged shield, which is not happening -> LMAAOOOO !!!

So the 2 most important mage skills are bugged...

@rogues/warriors: Which of your skills dont work? TY!
    And btw I dont mean the "if not fully charged, skill doesnt apply bug" Its not that bug its an addition to this one!!! Instead of fixing these things and f.e. the passive damage dont show in profile we get halloween n winter events... niiiiiceee.
    Last edited by Robhawk; 12-16-2013 at 03:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

No...don't think I ever said that should be the case...did u even read anybody's posts?

No, that's why it wasn't my first comment.

I AM NOT COMPLAINING AS I HAVE STATED MULTIPLE TIMES! JUST TRYING TO HAVE A FRIENDLY DISCUSSION ABOUT THE DIFFERENCE IN SKILLS BETWEEN THE TWO. y u guys getting so defensive over a question? I understand it's the best skill u got, and don't want it nerfed...that's not what this topic it's about. I don't think it should be

Sorry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

No, that's why it wasn't my first comment.

Sorry
    LOL I figured u didn't that's why I said that...there's way too many posts about mad smurfs that insta killed by rogues and want them to be much weaker do they can destroy them... I have participated in some, but have grown a lot since then. The pros and cons to all classes are awesome and suck at the same time. I figure if we were all more informed it will be less frustrating when we get destroyed in pvp lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

I just saw falmers forum topic about this...much more in-depth discussion there for any who might be confused still...I wish I would have seen it before I made this one :-P