Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Filthy Rich Ach: almost impossible to get it without using plat?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

In response to the OP:

1) I have opened 233 crates in total (none recently) and have never looted a mythic or arcane item. I would have made more if I had simply sold the crates instead of opening them.

2) I got the filthy rich title back in season 3. I made most of the money merching, and very little from farming. Now I'm working on the 50m and 100m achievements. I'm about half way to 50m.

3) I don't spend a lot of time farming, but many who do can make a fortune. As was said above, an archon ring can easily go for 1m+. They don't come from locked crates at all, and only drop from mobs in elite shuyal dungeons. If you look in the auction you will see dozens of them for sale. All of those were obviously looted. Also, elite golden chests can give mythic and arcane items too. That's why they go for 50k+ each. There are also plenty of pets that sell for lots of gold. For example, Talon goes for 1m+. Talon can be looted from Elite Pirate Chests.

4) Regarding merching, just like in real life, some people are good at it and others are not. If I spend an hour by the auction, I can make 100k+ most days. Sometimes I can make more than that on a single transaction. You just have to look for items that are priced too low and sell them for higher amounts. This requires vast knowledge of the marketplace and experience in knowing how much items sell for. It took me a few months of doing this before I knew enough to really make good money merching.

Keep in mind you cannot look at the auction as a price guide. Most of the time an item is priced too low because there are none currently for sale in the auction and the seller has no idea what price to list at since none are currently listed. So if you are browsing the auction, don't expect to find an item priced too low when there are others of the same item also listed for higher amounts. It doesn't happen often. So if you rely on finding that sort of thing, you won't make much money. Instead you must know what items go for, and must be able to spot when an item is priced for less, and you must know that you can sell the item for more because you had previous experience selling that item.

I know this sounds very difficult, and it is. Merching is not easy. But if you become good at it, you can make far more money than by any other method in this game.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 01-21-2014 at 07:13 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I never merch nor open locks. I obtained 35m from farming, in the meantime I got 3.5m pve kills

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kixkaxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samdegreat View Post
    I have filthy rich x2 and I have never once bought plat, I didn't start merching until I reached 12mill,

It's simple take your opportunities e.g when they mess up loot drops
    FRIENDS IS THE ANSWER- without my guild and friends I wouldn't of got far... (Constant parties and lending me gold also got a chance to use arcane maul for a week )
    And when they say farm everywhere that's true as the noob places now were the best places a while ago...

Also only merch items worth 1mill+ because it's a high price because it's popular! merching cheap items will never work as everyone wants the best and saves up...

My first mill was made in 5hours on the 50% luck weekend when crates were 22k each I farmed about 80-100 ...
    And at start of season 5 I farmed km3 for 1-2weeks got 135locked (full inventory) and sold them during winter event made 2.3-2.4mill...

Join my guild insomnia - constantly farming elite and arena, fun not competitive, someone joined our guild and had been playing 2weeks he now has 2.4 mill from farming with us

Pm me - samdegreat in games or on forum if you wish for any info!!!
    thx vry much

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drawfflerz View Post
    Just buy mythic cheap like lepre=160k from others, and sell it back for 200k. Bingo, u get a profit 40k. Do many time until u sick.
    lolz ok ill try :d

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    In response to the OP:

1) I have opened 233 crates in total (none recently) and have never looted a mythic or arcane item. I would have made more if I had simply sold the crates instead of opening them.

2) I got the filthy rich title back in season 3. I made most of the money merching, and very little from farming. Now I'm working on the 50m and 100m achievements. I'm about half way to 50m.

3) I don't spend a lot of time farming, but many who do can make a fortune. As was said above, an archon ring can easily go for 1m+. They don't come from locked crates at all, and only drop from mobs in elite shuyal dungeons. If you look in the auction you will see dozens of them for sale. All of those were obviously looted. Also, elite golden chests can give mythic and arcane items too. That's why they go for 50k+ each. There are also plenty of pets that sell for lots of gold. For example, Talon goes for 1m+. Talon can be looted from Elite Pirate Chests.

4) Regarding merching, just like in real life, some people are good at it and others are not. If I spend an hour by the auction, I can make 100k+ most days. Sometimes I can make more than that on a single transaction. You just have to look for items that are priced too low and sell them for higher amounts. This requires vast knowledge of the marketplace and experience in knowing how much items sell for. It took me a few months of doing this before I knew enough to really make good money merching.

Keep in mind you cannot look at the auction as a price guide. Most of the time an item is priced too low because there are none currently for sale in the auction and the seller has no idea what price to list at since none are currently listed. So if you are browsing the auction, don't expect to find an item priced too low when there are others of the same item also listed for higher amounts. It doesn't happen often. So if you rely on finding that sort of thing, you won't make much money. Instead you must know what items go for, and must be able to spot when an item is priced for less, and you must know that you can sell the item for more because you had previous experience selling that item.

I know this sounds very difficult, and it is. Merching is not easy. But if you become good at it, you can make far more money than by any other method in this game.
    Ok thanks, your tip helped me, but all say that merching is easy, but not for all: im a noob at merchanting, i did some good operations like buying something 200k, and sell it 400k, but 2 days later i did a mistake, i lost 150k+. and more. So, i didnt get anything by farming, i cant merch: what should i do?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kixkaxx View Post
    I never merch nor open locks. I obtained 35m from farming, in the meantime I got 3.5m pve kills

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    lol where did u farm to get that??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Run elite, get a good mythic team

Run suyal maps, oltar and palm beach

Gl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ruizerwin View Post
    Run elite, get a good mythic team

Run suyal maps, oltar and palm beach

Gl
    ok, what can i get in palm??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Let me jump in too with a couple of tips. What you need to understand and have in your mind CONSTANTLY is ,,no pain, no gain''. No one in this game got rich in a single day, it TAKES TIME. And the most important thing of all: it takes PATIENCE. There are, however, many ways for you to achieve your goals (for example 1mil, 5mil, 10mil etc.). Here are some of mine suggestions:

1. Lockeds are your friends. What you can do is keep a lookout here on the forums, because sts gives a myth weekend or new events pretty fast compared to other Legend games. Stock them up and sell later, or if you lack the patience like I did in some cases, sell them right after you loot them. But bear in mind, a 12k locked one day can be worth 14k the next day. And during an event can be worth 20k+ each. Best place to farm lockeds is definitelly Jarl at Bracken ( 3rd map of Bracken area ). Just make sure to kill the mobs around Jarl too, 2 reasons for that: 1. They sometimes drop lockeds too. 2. This way you reset the map and save those crucial seconds on your rr lix.

2. Merching. The word we all know and love/hate. Like previous AL members have said on this thread, it's not for everyone. What you need to do here is to OBSERVE. And by that I mean observe the auction, and imo most of all, the OTHER PLAYERS. I can't tell you how many times I've made serious cash of impatient or nooby players. Take your time and just browse the aucton. You don't even have to browse it a lot, but eventually you'll learn what sells fast and for what price. And this can be your ticket to the Flithy Rich, and then Goldfinger and then Midas titles.

3. Manners. Believe it or not, just being nice or friendly or simply treating people with respect can drop the price of the items you want so much by a lot, which you can then sell for a higher price. It never hurts to be nice.

4. Friends. Don't be afraid to ask. If you need info on things talk to your guild or in game friends if you're not a guild member. By the time you cap you're bound to have made at least some good friends, and they can be a LOT of help and provide those crucial info's you need.

5. Farming. Yes it can be boring, yes it can be tedious, but it's so worth it. What you want to farm above all are Archons, Lockeds and chests. My personal fave are Elite Golden Puzzle's. Atm I don't know their current price, by I sold them for 80k plus. There even was a time when they were well over 100k. Ellite Ferrix can be a good place to farm them, because if you get lucky, that's 80k+ gold for 10,11 minutes work. Combined with the rest of farming places, eventually leads to your 10mil

Hope it helped, be patient and invest time in your farming and I'm sure you'll get the Flithy Rich in no time

Hope it helps, but as I said, patience is the key.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Slywannas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garou498 View Post
    ok, what can i get in palm??
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ht=rogue+guide

Read..control the item price in CS find what you can farm compairing value and effort.

Leave a "thank" cause this a beast guide.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello community,
    I'm farming and merchanting sinces many months, and i can't get more than 850k.

Every day, when i see folks who are full myhtic, i ask them: "how did u get gold to buy these mythics???"
    and they always answer me "by farming and merchanting", and i ask them to say a few simple details like "where did u farm?", ... and they always say "everywhere", because in fact MOST of them got millions of gold BY OPENING CRATES!!
    Here's an evidence: all of my friends who are minor and don't have credit cards to buy plat, or these who didn't pay to have plat, ALL OF THEM try to get millions of gold, and they say that's its very hard and that it will take 5 months.

I tried to farm brackenridge with my lep, result: got 2 crates in 40 minutes, so got 30k gold; i sometimes get one luck elix from klaas, but that's rare.
    I tried to farm in Elite Oltgar, result: one entombed hammer of warfare, sold 250k, in almost two weeks farming there (LOLOL!)
    I tried to farm in KM3, result: 4 or 5 locked in a few days, so only 60k.

So, i farmed almost everywhere, and many hours, i didnt get lots of extra loot, and i tried to merch, i get 100k, and i lost 150k, im still trying to sell 2 ensorcelled bands 200K OFF CS, and pple dont want!!! What do they want? to have it for free???
    So if someone can give me a good tip, ill thank him or her. I'm desespeared. Can someone help me and my friends?? Thanks in advance, garou498. :'(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samdegreat View Post
    I have filthy rich x2 and I have never once bought plat, I didn't start merching until I reached 12mill,

It's simple take your opportunities e.g when they mess up loot drops
    FRIENDS IS THE ANSWER- without my guild and friends I wouldn't of got far... (Constant parties and lending me gold also got a chance to use arcane maul for a week )
    And when they say farm everywhere that's true as the noob places now were the best places a while ago...

Also only merch items worth 1mill+ because it's a high price because it's popular! merching cheap items will never work as everyone wants the best and saves up...

My first mill was made in 5hours on the 50% luck weekend when crates were 22k each I farmed about 80-100 ...
    And at start of season 5 I farmed km3 for 1-2weeks got 135locked (full inventory) and sold them during winter event made 2.3-2.4mill...

Join my guild insomnia - constantly farming elite and arena, fun not competitive, someone joined our guild and had been playing 2weeks he now has 2.4 mill from farming with us

Pm me - samdegreat in games or on forum if you wish for any info!!!
    Oh sam, my idol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

As said above,if you dont have plat, take your Lepre, join farming guild and (currently) run maps that give you level 30+ weapons.

Not the best time now though, market is expecting expansion and pink stuff prices are plummeting (they lost at least 50% since expansion announcement).

My advice is to level up to 41 quickly after expansion and start to farm maps with the best yield, although the farming can be very expensive in terms of pots and also with no lix you will need lots of patience. (On the other hand, I got EGP from Inan without reroll yesterday).

When Shuyal came out, I farmed easily 500k-1M a day. But I admit that I usually kill boss having 40% reroll.

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slywannas View Post
    Let me jump in too with a couple of tips. What you need to understand and have in your mind CONSTANTLY is ,,no pain, no gain''. No one in this game got rich in a single day, it TAKES TIME. And the most important thing of all: it takes PATIENCE. There are, however, many ways for you to achieve your goals (for example 1mil, 5mil, 10mil etc.). Here are some of mine suggestions:

1. Lockeds are your friends. What you can do is keep a lookout here on the forums, because sts gives a myth weekend or new events pretty fast compared to other Legend games. Stock them up and sell later, or if you lack the patience like I did in some cases, sell them right after you loot them. But bear in mind, a 12k locked one day can be worth 14k the next day. And during an event can be worth 20k+ each. Best place to farm lockeds is definitelly Jarl at Bracken ( 3rd map of Bracken area ). Just make sure to kill the mobs around Jarl too, 2 reasons for that: 1. They sometimes drop lockeds too. 2. This way you reset the map and save those crucial seconds on your rr lix.

2. Merching. The word we all know and love/hate. Like previous AL members have said on this thread, it's not for everyone. What you need to do here is to OBSERVE. And by that I mean observe the auction, and imo most of all, the OTHER PLAYERS. I can't tell you how many times I've made serious cash of impatient or nooby players. Take your time and just browse the aucton. You don't even have to browse it a lot, but eventually you'll learn what sells fast and for what price. And this can be your ticket to the Flithy Rich, and then Goldfinger and then Midas titles.

3. Manners. Believe it or not, just being nice or friendly or simply treating people with respect can drop the price of the items you want so much by a lot, which you can then sell for a higher price. It never hurts to be nice.

4. Friends. Don't be afraid to ask. If you need info on things talk to your guild or in game friends if you're not a guild member. By the time you cap you're bound to have made at least some good friends, and they can be a LOT of help and provide those crucial info's you need.

5. Farming. Yes it can be boring, yes it can be tedious, but it's so worth it. What you want to farm above all are Archons, Lockeds and chests. My personal fave are Elite Golden Puzzle's. Atm I don't know their current price, by I sold them for 80k plus. There even was a time when they were well over 100k. Ellite Ferrix can be a good place to farm them, because if you get lucky, that's 80k+ gold for 10,11 minutes work. Combined with the rest of farming places, eventually leads to your 10mil

Hope it helped, be patient and invest time in your farming and I'm sure you'll get the Flithy Rich in no time

Hope it helps, but as I said, patience is the key.
    Ok, i thanks you for help, and yesterday i tested an awesome technic:
    One day, i got 2 luck elixirs in the same time, from Klaas and Shazbot... and don't believe me if u want folks, but thats true: i got 8 lockeds in 15 minutes! And now, i can make this technic many times: when Klaas gives me a reroll elix for 30 min, i go in the store (not in the elix button down the screen, beacause i cant buy again cuz elix is in use), and i buy a second elix for 30 minutes, and i easy get 15 lockeds thx anyway for tips all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingMartin View Post
    As said above,if you dont have plat, take your Lepre, join farming guild and (currently) run maps that give you level 30+ weapons.

Not the best time now though, market is expecting expansion and pink stuff prices are plummeting (they lost at least 50% since expansion announcement).

My advice is to level up to 41 quickly after expansion and start to farm maps with the best yield, although the farming can be very expensive in terms of pots and also with no lix you will need lots of patience. (On the other hand, I got EGP from Inan without reroll yesterday).

When Shuyal came out, I farmed easily 500k-1M a day. But I admit that I usually kill boss having 40% reroll.
    yea youre right... and can i join your guild i always wanted to join it!! QSorry if someone of this guild is here, but im in Epitome and its boring... So...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingMartin View Post

yea youre right... and can i join your guild i always wanted to join it!! QSorry if someone of this guild is here, but im in Epitome and its boring... So...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Finally, i also try to get some tokens with lots of toons, but it will take 50 days, and i cant play a lot cuz i have school, so is that a good idea??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Postulate1 View Post
    1. Farm archon rings , those suckers could've fetched over 4m each during mid season.
    2. With that farm gold, buy stuff cheap and sell for normal price.
    3. Repeat until you have 9,999,999 gold.
    4. Count your gold coins everyday.
    may i know where to farm archon ring ?

Sent from my Lenovo A369 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm Beothius and also Nesloaisz in-game
    "Prepare for unforseen consequences." - Half Life: Episod Two

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Khairi View Post
    may i know where to farm archon ring ?

Sent from my Lenovo A369 using Tapatalk 2
    in Shuyal, Forest Breach

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Ok, i thanks you for help, and yesterday i tested an awesome technic:
    One day, i got 2 luck elixirs in the same time, from Klaas and Shazbot... and don't believe me if u want folks, but thats true: i got 8 lockeds in 15 minutes! And now, i can make this technic many times: when Klaas gives me a reroll elix for 30 min, i go in the store (not in the elix button down the screen, beacause i cant buy again cuz elix is in use), and i buy a second elix for 30 minutes, and i easy get 15 lockeds thx anyway for tips all
    Just another tip, save up that cash and get yourself a lepre or jack pendant. That's 15% luck ALL OF THE TIME. So it's like having rr forever Also with the lepre you can start farming a bit harder drops, such as Shuyal or Nordr elite ones, which can go for serious cash