Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    beforehand
    Magic word.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Well the whole point behind these complaints isn't that a specific class can't use five skills; it's the fact it's inefficient for rogues because of their:

1. extremely low skill cooldowns,
    2. relatively small mana pool,
    3. lack of two-second invulnerability.

I still pull it off on my rogue occassionally. For example, laying down a veil beforehand then switching to combat medic. One-shot crits with its extra +15% damage buff can cut down 100% of the times any unshielded sorc instantly and also tip the balance on rogue versus warrior fights. It's all about how fast you can react and decide the best course for the situation you're in. And of course how much you've practiced it.
    A better one would be razor shield for vs mages, as it will help avoid stuns and veil for vs warriors.

Mad, I can switch pretty darn fast as I am a chrome user but... it is inefficient for the rogue class. Trust me on this, there's just no purpose for it. The skill swap essentially removes the weaknesses of other classes, especially a warrior. Since the rogue's weakness lies in his/her mana bar, the only way to swap an empty mana bar for a replenished mana bar is through a heal or rapid arcane ability use via the summon/dismiss bug (which is being patched). So, for rogues, there will no longer be a counter to 5 skills.

However, that goes to show that the game itself is broken as the combat triangle is skewed towards warriors even without the skill swap. So, with that said, I think mages do need a buff so they can actually fall in with the combat triangle of being able to have an advantage on rogues.
    Last edited by Zeus; 01-29-2014 at 02:15 AM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    However, that goes to show that the game itself is broken as the combat triangle is skewed towards warriors even without the skill swap. So, with that said, I think mages do need a buff so they can actually fall in with the combat triangle of being able to have an advantage on rogues.
    Genius.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Since the rogue's weakness lies in his/her mana bar, the only way to swap an empty mana bar for a replenished mana bar is through a heal or rapid arcane ability use via the summon/dismiss bug (which is being patched).
    so we will no longer be able to swap pets in pvp?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sky_is_epicgearz View Post
    so we will no longer be able to swap pets in pvp?
    Well they said they're looking into it so expect a solution in the next patch. Most likely some kind of timed lock on the arcane ability if you ask me.

You'll still be able to swap pets, no worries. Just something to prevent pet spamming will be added.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

If they disable pet switching, then all mages have to add a lot of rogues on their ignore list i bet
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    .................................................. ................................Sig made by BeelzzeBob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

So its not so much a skill swaping problem but more the skills/class refinements issues

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uzii View Post
    So its not so much a skill swaping problem but more the skills/class refinements issues
    Skill swapping is still a problem because even if classes were buffed to balance, people would still use 5 or more skills.

Just because you solve half of the problem doesn't mean you fixed the issue, you know?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Skill swapping is still a problem because even if classes were buffed to balance, people would still use 5 or more skills.

Just because you solve half of the problem doesn't mean you fixed the issue, you know?

if there were more skill slots to use?

Bc truly we have more and more skill points to use, where to put them? Its abt time to get more skill slots, and with the class balance refinements it can work....

I think really the using more skills as 4 is not such a big problem as that unbalance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus:1448687
    Well the whole point behind these complaints isn't that a specific class can't use five skills; it's the fact it's inefficient for rogues because of their:

1. extremely low skill cooldowns,
    2. relatively small mana pool,
    3. lack of two-second invulnerability.

I still pull it off on my rogue occassionally. For example, laying down a veil beforehand then switching to combat medic. One-shot crits with its extra +15% damage buff can cut down 100% of the times any unshielded sorc instantly and also tip the balance on rogue versus warrior fights. It's all about how fast you can react and decide the best course for the situation you're in. And of course how much you've practiced it.
    A better one would be razor shield for vs mages, as it will help avoid stuns and veil for vs warriors.

Mad, I can switch pretty darn fast as I am a chrome user but... it is inefficient for the rogue class. Trust me on this, there's just no purpose for it. The skill swap essentially removes the weaknesses of other classes, especially a warrior. Since the rogue's weakness lies in his/her mana bar, the only way to swap an empty mana bar for a replenished mana bar is through a heal or rapid arcane ability use via the summon/dismiss bug (which is being patched). So, for rogues, there will no longer be a counter to 5 skills.

Well in addition to this, we dont have true one v one. Some skills such as shadow pierce charged and gale would be effective in a large 1v1 room. Perhaps mages dont do good head on vs a warrior but are great evasive fighters. After that, we would be able to verify the triangle balance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

To fix pet spamming, can't you make the cooldown in pet arcane ability like the cooldown on skills? Meaning, even if you activate the arcane ability and switch, you still have to wait the cooldown. I hope that makes sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

To fix skill swapping, add a lock - skills that are on cool down cannot be swapped!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

well, if sts really assume/expect balance with 4 skills for each characters in pvp, then it's simple, just make pvp has a safe zone that can be entered first time which allowed players to switch skills and pets, after that, players in pvp should not be allowed to change skills/pets

and i think sts should nerfs/buffs each class differently between pvp and pve, like how sts make grimm's skill to not be able to 1 HKO players in pvp, i think sts should do more like this, e.g. if people complaining high crt rate of AS, then, just reduce/limit the rate when targeting a player in pvp, or make all character has innate critical negate value.

i'm not a pvp players, but a normal pve with normal gears. and having played all three characters (with pure builds and popular skill builds for pve), i feel that rogue is the hardest class to play normally considering a very high rate of potions consumption, while warrior being the easiest one, i believe at some time sts did nerf rogue damage, and after that, i couldn't help to think that rogue is the weakest class with normal gear... also before nerfing some class, sts also should think its effect to new players (e.g. old pve maps difficulties isn't decreased, after certain class is nerfed).

thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by extrapayah View Post
    well, if sts really assume/expect balance with 4 skills for each characters in pvp, then it's simple, just make pvp has a safe zone that can be entered first time which allowed players to switch skills and pets, after that, players in pvp should not be allowed to change skills/pets

and i think sts should nerfs/buffs each class differently between pvp and pve, like how sts make grimm's skill to not be able to 1 HKO players in pvp, i think sts should do more like this, e.g. if people complaining high crt rate of AS, then, just reduce/limit the rate when targeting a player in pvp, or make all character has innate critical negate value.

i'm not a pvp players, but a normal pve with normal gears. and having played all three characters (with pure builds and popular skill builds for pve), i feel that rogue is the hardest class to play normally considering a very high rate of potions consumption, while warrior being the easiest one, i believe at some time sts did nerf rogue damage, and after that, i couldn't help to think that rogue is the weakest class with normal gear... also before nerfing some class, sts also should think its effect to new players (e.g. old pve maps difficulties isn't decreased, after certain class is nerfed).

thank you
    Or maybe only allowing to swap/switch after x seconds after spawning, or only when your spawn shield is up?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    To fix pet spamming, can't you make the cooldown in pet arcane ability like the cooldown on skills? Meaning, even if you activate the arcane ability and switch, you still have to wait the cooldown. I hope that makes sense.
    It's already being fixed in this sense when the expansion hits, which is why people are asking for this to be fixed as well as it is essentially the same concept.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

It's already being fixed in this sense when the expansion hits, which is why people are asking for this to be fixed as well as it is essentially the same concept.
    Exactly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Delphina View Post
    Already thought of it :
    Only use 4 skills
    Yep,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Delphina View Post
    Already thought of it :
    Only use 4 skills
    Yep,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

I don't think spamming will achieve what logical arguments didn't. Changes in UI? Maybe a couple of months after expansion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Yes, can we not already?