Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Addicted to upgrades....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

So i have a legitimate question if new myths are released with the expansion lets say, new myth armor, helm, ring, pendant, and weapon all at lvl 41 cap what happens to the old mythics that are still currently dropping from locked crates the pendants, ring, and armor and helm? do they get discontinued? or do they continue to be in crates?
    Option 1
    lvl 41 myths now drop and lvl 26/31 myths discontinued
    option 2
    Both lvl 41 myths and lvl 26/31 myths drop

THOUGHTS???????????
    Additional note lvl 41 myth weapons are almost certain, both lvl 31 and 36 had them 41 more than likely will also....making everyone who just paid between 20m and 30m for lvl 36 myth weapons pretty ticked would be my guess
    Last edited by aarrgggggg; 01-16-2014 at 11:53 AM.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aarrgggggg View Post
    So i have a legitimate question if new myths are released with the expansion lets say, new myth armor, helm, ring, pendant, and weapon all at lvl 41 cap what happens to the old mythics that are still currently dropping from locked crates the pendants, ring, and armor and helm? do they get discontinued? or do they continue to be in crates?
    Option 1
    lvl 41 myths now drop and lvl 26/31 myths discontinued
    option 2
    Both lvl 41 myths and lvl 26/31 myths drop

THOUGHTS???????????
    Additional note lvl 41 myth weapons are almost certain, both lvl 31 and 36 had them 41 more than likely will also....making everyone who just paid between 20m and 30m for lvl 36 myth weapons pretty ticked would be my guess
    Ahahahah your sig made me laugh XD

Back to main thing:
    The best thing to do would be upgrading only Lv 36 myths leaving the Lv 26/31 the way they are because of Lv gap difference.
    BUT
    The reality is that there won't be any upgrades, it isn't in Stg interest. A upgrade would mean that less lockeds will be popped by many players who already have the myth set because they will prefer to do the quest upon that many players don't want myths to be upgradable.

What do i have to say if you just bought a mythic dagger a myth set or a arcane staff?

Sorry for you dude.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 01-16-2014 at 12:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

STS always said mythic gear should be equal to the elite legendary gear from one season later, and arcane gear should be equal to the elite legendary gear 2 seasons later. Other than the arcane hooks which are a bit worse than the level 36 architect quills, it seems that the rest of the gear has pretty much held up as was described:

Level 26 mythic helms are about equal to level 31 noble helms
    Level 31 mythic armors are about equal to level 36 architect armors
    Level 30 mythic amulets are about equal to the best level 36 legendary amulets
    Level 31 mythic ring is about equal to the level 36 archon & troll rings

So if you want to make predictions going forward:

Level 36 mythic armors and helms should be about equal to the best level 41 legendary armors and helms
    Level 36 mythic weapons should be about equal to the best level 41 weapons
    Level 31 Arcane Maul should be about equal to the best level 41 weapons
    Level 36 Arcane Staff should be better than any level 41 legendary weapons, and should be about equal to level 41 mythic weapons (when & if they are released)
    Level 30/31 mythic weapons, rings & amulets will NOT be as good as the best level 41 legendary weapons, rings & amulets

As for Tarlok gear, just remember that holiday and event gear is often times better than other elite legendary gear and you never know what STS will do with such gear. In PL the winterfest gear was always the best twink gear, the forgotten event bows were among the best bows, and the 2012 halloween weapons were also very good. So you never know what is going to happen with holiday gear, and often times it will not coincide with other patterns. But you also never know when STS will have one of these events, and what kind of gear they will include with it, so you cannot really plan for such things. You can only plan using the information above.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 01-16-2014 at 04:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

The locked market is doing good, yes. But...good is alright. If it was doing great, now THAT would be good! (Anyone get the quote there?)

If the locked had new mythics, the price would go up very high. The risk:reward aspect would make opening them much more worthwhile. Nobody is opening locked gear for the current mythic amulets...way better to just buy/trade for one. The armor & helm will aren't really worth it either. pretty much, the only reason now to open a crate are the arcane weapons & pets and mythic ring. And as if getting a mythic isn't hard enough...arcanes have a drop rate less than half of mythics!

The people who open a set amount would likely raise that number. Crate farmers would make decent gold again. When there are mythic items from crates worth 8-20 million, way more will be opened by a lot more people. People may even become crate openers.

Also, don't expect the lvl 41 legendary gear to be scaled up Tarlok gear. It'll be like scaled up architect gear.

As for "what happens with old mythic gear & hooks, in relation to crates?" Well, when the 36 mythic weapons came about, the 31 mythic weapons weren't lootable. Most likely, the mythic helm & armor and hooks will stop coming from crates; however, they will remain lootable from their elite gold chests (thus, keeping some value to these chest & giving people reason to still farm the kraken & Nordr maps, along with making it possible for people to acquire the items for twink characters.

As for the mythic AP quest, I posted a very simple & good solution to it in a reply to a thread. It is in the suggestions forum and the thread is titled something like 'the elephant in the room.'
    Only those who risk going past the edge will find out how far they can go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

What if they didnt let you (I mean the cryers) upgrade mythic this season? Would you come and cry for the upgrade? So why will you cry if they wont let you do it again?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

In the end, I would love to see farming become a better way to make money than it currently is.
    Because atm I think it's highly unbalanced compared to merching or buying Plat.

I see a few different suggestions on here that would cause this, from both sides of the story (non-upgradeable, upgradeable).

But I honestly think the real question isn't, should they be upgradeable or not, I think it's how we can make $$$. If we can make $$$ from a wider range of sources and items because a higher range of items are in demand (not just mythics), then essentially, a better balance will occur.

By a better balance I mean, buying Plat will still get you to the best the fastest (as it always will) but farming gears etc will actually get you there fast enough that you don't give up before you get the best, or get the best just as a new expansion and the new best gears come in.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

Peace ~
    IGN: Rianaku (Warrior) - Couchlock (Sorcerer) - SnackBox (Rogue)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

how about the time consuming upgrading quest needs something material inside locked, which is easy to get within 10 crates, but not tradable?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

So many schemes to try and get your gear upgraded.... no mas por favor.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

How about this. In a few months time, we won't care about upgrading our current mythics to whatever level. We'll just enjoy the game and continue playing with newer and better gear.

the upgraded mythics will become tradeable at lvl 36, so whatever it sells for fine, you can get some money back from it.

the helm and armor will still be available from respective elite chests at their respective levels, and if you still want to get the [Hero of Legend] AP, you'll still need to get the mythic armors and complete the existing quest to get the AP.

Why would you bother with this? Here's why. you'll have the use of the helm for 15 Levels (26-41 cuz it will still be good at lvl 41)!!!!!!!!! and you'll have use of the armor for 10 levels (again it will be good till lvl 41). And if you are completionist about APs, you will take the time to invest in getting the armor and completing the quest like everyone else that has gone through the process. Will the mythics still cost millions to get at this point? probably not, but they will still be worth more than the gears at lvl 26-41 currently will be.

Life goes on, we'll have cool looking mythic Dragon gear (oh look, the mythic gears relate to the newer story lines) and people will be happy running around smashing mobs and killing each other in PvP.
    Last edited by Hectororius; 01-29-2014 at 10:21 AM.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hectororius For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

If they take out original mythic helm and armor from locks, then they should up the rate in the elites some to make it possible for those who need em for APS to get without having to open thousands of chests. A lot of people have already obtained them and most of the sources of them( crate openers) will have moved on to next big thing. That is going to make it difficult for newer players to get the items to get the ap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

We need new items! Arcane Helm and armor , new mythic rings and amulet.

I had enough with weapons and pets... it makes me puke

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I preface my opinion with the note that I am one of the players who has worked hard for quite some time (longer than I'd admit) to be in a position, only recently, to spend 4.5+M on the mythic helm and armor (within the last month). Now, admittedly, a lot of my warrior's wealth is not very fluid (bound to the set) as I also made the decision to upgrade the set to lvl36; this is a decision some might call stupid given the upcoming expansion (though I upgraded my armor before announcement) but I'm happy with the use I'm getting out of the set at the moment. If anything I am able to use it to solo the Arena, which I couldn't do before with demonlord, hellish or juggernaut set.

A lot of good points have been made thus far and it seems like the best answer is some combination of opinions.

It seems to me like things will get very stale if people are allowed to upgrade their lvl36 mythic sets. The lvl 36 mythic set will probably be as good or better than most, if not all of the upcoming legendary sets. Some of the legendary sets may of course have higher str/int/dex values than the mythics given their levels, but I'd bet the armor value of the mythic still makes it more than useful. I don't think any of us who paid the 4-5M and upgraded can really complain much about this fact. It's not like it's a surprise in terms of the life of mythic items. Being allowed to upgrade the set this season was a surprise, even a gift.

So if you don't upgrade the current lvl 36 mythic armors and helms do you release lvl 41 mythics? The answer again, to me, is no. There just doesn't seem like there would be enough of a jump in stats to make lvl41 mythic armors and helms all that significant (other than just a different look). There will probably be at least one or two upcoming legendary sets that alleviate this issue of monotony a bit (meaning they will be a viable alternative to mythics for people who want a different look). If you really want to release something special then maybe its about time for Arcane armors and helms. This really seems like the better alternative to releasing lvl41 mythics. Releasing Arcane armors and helms might be a good way to flush out some of the gold wasting away in inventories (good for the economy to spread the wealth a bit). I could see where someone could argue that it is still too soon to release Arcane (maybe wait for lvl46 if and when it comes around) but I just don't get any argument for upgrading current lvl36 mythics or releasing lvl41 mythics.

In terms of the locked/chest situation I agree with the above poster: take the lvl26/31 mythics out of locked crates but still have them drop in elite gold pirate/war chests. This is a good way to control the amount of mythics available; if they become too numerous they lose significance, but if they become too rare given all the upgrading to lvl36 then the Hero of Legend AP becomes way too expensive and really a bit unnecessary. If a new mythic or arcane set is released at any point then this seems like the only answer.

And finally, as far as the 'boundness' of the current lvl36 mythics is concerned the best course of action may be to create a quest line that 'unbounds' the mythic armor and helm. This ensures that anyone (like myself) who has lvl36 mythic isn't totally out of any investment they've made while also helping some people who want mythic but maybe aren't concerned so much with the AP to buy the lvl36 mythic to be better equipped for the upcoming expansion. Having an 'unbounding' quest line also helps to control the flow of lvl36 mythics into the marketplace (stabilizing the value just a bit).

That's all I got....for now.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bornof1000Kings For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Agree!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bornof1000Kings View Post
    I preface my opinion with the note that I am one of the players who has worked hard for quite some time (longer than I'd admit) to be in a position, only recently, to spend 4.5+M on the mythic helm and armor (within the last month). Now, admittedly, a lot of my warrior's wealth is not very fluid (bound to the set) as I also made the decision to upgrade the set to lvl36; this is a decision some might call stupid given the upcoming expansion (though I upgraded my armor before announcement) but I'm happy with the use I'm getting out of the set at the moment. If anything I am able to use it to solo the Arena, which I couldn't do before with demonlord, hellish or juggernaut set.

A lot of good points have been made thus far and it seems like the best answer is some combination of opinions.

It seems to me like things will get very stale if people are allowed to upgrade their lvl36 mythic sets. The lvl 36 mythic set will probably be as good or better than most, if not all of the upcoming legendary sets. Some of the legendary sets may of course have higher str/int/dex values than the mythics given their levels, but I'd bet the armor value of the mythic still makes it more than useful. I don't think any of us who paid the 4-5M and upgraded can really complain much about this fact. It's not like it's a surprise in terms of the life of mythic items. Being allowed to upgrade the set this season was a surprise, even a gift.

So if you don't upgrade the current lvl 36 mythic armors and helms do you release lvl 41 mythics? The answer again, to me, is no. There just doesn't seem like there would be enough of a jump in stats to make lvl41 mythic armors and helms all that significant (other than just a different look). There will probably be at least one or two upcoming legendary sets that alleviate this issue of monotony a bit (meaning they will be a viable alternative to mythics for people who want a different look). If you really want to release something special then maybe its about time for Arcane armors and helms. This really seems like the better alternative to releasing lvl41 mythics. Releasing Arcane armors and helms might be a good way to flush out some of the gold wasting away in inventories (good for the economy to spread the wealth a bit). I could see where someone could argue that it is still too soon to release Arcane (maybe wait for lvl46 if and when it comes around) but I just don't get any argument for upgrading current lvl36 mythics or releasing lvl41 mythics.

In terms of the locked/chest situation I agree with the above poster: take the lvl26/31 mythics out of locked crates but still have them drop in elite gold pirate/war chests. This is a good way to control the amount of mythics available; if they become too numerous they lose significance, but if they become too rare given all the upgrading to lvl36 then the Hero of Legend AP becomes way too expensive and really a bit unnecessary. If a new mythic or arcane set is released at any point then this seems like the only answer.

And finally, as far as the 'boundness' of the current lvl36 mythics is concerned the best course of action may be to create a quest line that 'unbounds' the mythic armor and helm. This ensures that anyone (like myself) who has lvl36 mythic isn't totally out of any investment they've made while also helping some people who want mythic but maybe aren't concerned so much with the AP to buy the lvl36 mythic to be better equipped for the upcoming expansion. Having an 'unbounding' quest line also helps to control the flow of lvl36 mythics into the marketplace (stabilizing the value just a bit).

Actually, if you have a quest to "unbound" the lvl36 set, then many who have this set is going to do it as soon as they upgrade to better gear, and prices on those lvl36 mythics will come crashing down. The only thing currently keeping the prices high is that once the set is upgraded to 36, it can no longer be sold. So the supply of the level 26 helm & 31 armor are staying decently high because new players will always need of these because of the crafting quest. And because the price of the helm and armor are 1m+, it is fine to leave them in locked crates.

Now the mythic amulets and ring are a different story. There is no quest there, and so the supply of these items being dumped on the market is huge, and as you can see, the prices have come crashing down. Amulets are selling as low as 250k now, and the ring is down to 1.5m. In hindsight, it appears that allowing a rare item to be upgraded for the purpose of a quest which grants achievement points, but then making it bound to the character is a good way to keep the price on that item high indefinitely. The supply of those items dropping keeps being used up and thus there is always room on the market for more. I wouldn't be opposed to them making an upgrade quest for the mythic ring and amulet, just the same way they did for the armor and helm last season. And the mythic weapons don't need any sort of upgrade since they are discontinued.

Arcane items are rare enough that they will never need upgrades and will always retain somewhat high prices. We can see that from the lvl26 hooks, which are no longer usable at end game, and still go for 8m+.

I know that some of you have been critical that I only talk about the effects of these decisions on the economy, and you think I have a bias because I'm a merchant. But please understand that a healthy economy is what makes this game fun for all of you, even those of you who are poor. Because if the economy stalls, it is the poor players who are hurt the most since there will be no more effective ways for you to earn gold. If you want to keep prices of the farmable legendaries high, then you have to keep the prices of mythics and arcanes high. Otherwise the whole market comes crashing down, and then everyone complains that there is no way to make any money. STS wants to keep the prices of mythics and arcanes high so that people keep spending plat to open crates. So the end goal of both STS and the players should be the same here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Next upgrades will be on rings/amulets in about one month and a half. The truth has been spoken. It's either that or new gems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EliteFamily View Post
    For those who said they spent way higher than players that newly bought their myths.....When you BOUGHT your myths you got the the money by farming and market wasn't as saturated as now and you could earn considerable amounts.

Prices of myths came down because the demands for them dropped this was caused by the fact people aren't making enough money unlike you dated players when you bought your myths and also because the amount of crate poppers has skyrocketed. At the end there's no big difference from people that spent 34m then and people that spend 13m now, a farm less a farm more.

Let the Lv36 myths be upgradeable by a very very hard quest that requires a enourmous amount of farming. A quest that takes months to complete if necessary, but give a slight chance to the myth players that haven't had time to enjoy their myths set without having to rebuy the new ones from the same crate poppers they bought the old ones from 4 weeks ago.

I thought many players said they were bored and wanted to farm. This is the occasion, you will farm like a dog to upgrade your mythic.

I hope it isn'true that all you guys just want to really do is pop your crates and hope in looting a new myth gear so you can sell it at a outrageous price to players who don't have that amount and won't be able to get the money through just farming?
    (there is a limit of money you can get through just farming, you know.)

This is said by someone who kept off from buying myth sets 1 months ago cause he knew what was coming on his way, So there is no personal interest from here.
    I finished the thanks for the day lol so thanks

20. The Following User Says Thank You to VanRah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rianaku View Post
    In the end, I would love to see farming become a better way to make money than it currently is.
    Because atm I think it's highly unbalanced compared to merching or buying Plat.

I see a few different suggestions on here that would cause this, from both sides of the story (non-upgradeable, upgradeable).

But I honestly think the real question isn't, should they be upgradeable or not, I think it's how we can make $$$. If we can make $$$ from a wider range of sources and items because a higher range of items are in demand (not just mythics), then essentially, a better balance will occur.

By a better balance I mean, buying Plat will still get you to the best the fastest (as it always will) but farming gears etc will actually get you there fast enough that you don't give up before you get the best, or get the best just as a new expansion and the new best gears come in.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

Peace ~
    This!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bornof1000Kings View Post

I agree. Even if at this point the old mythics could simply get upgraded n the new arcane introduced, but since STS doesn't want to upgrade them at least they should let players gain something from having the lvl36 mythics

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    My level 31 runic gun is better than every single level 36 legendary mage weapon. Yes, it is not as good as a level 36 mythic staff or level 36 arcane staff, but it is better than every legendary item that exists. Same goes for my level 31 mythic blood ruby ring -- it is better than every single level 36 legendary ring.
    This isn't 100% true but mostly... I have a super'd archon ring of force that gives me more dex on my rogue than my fully super mythic ring. The only drawback is the health that blood ruby give me I'd be missing with the archon... so it's a trade off.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic