Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much would you pay for Singe?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Default How much would you pay for Singe?

Let's remove the "it's new and not much has it atm" thinking and base our prices on the abilities/stat boost alone. I wanna hear what the community thinks before I purchase one! Thanks

Note: Please keep this thread constructive by supporting your price in mind and not just simply coming up with a figure.
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

No more than 25m. Sam is arguably as competitive, so no point for me to spend more than that when Sam does the job just fine.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    No more than 25m. Sam is arguably as competitive, so no point for me to spend more than that when Sam does the job just fine.
    You got a point, I have yet to witness the stun rate in game though to compare it with sam's banish. It's 40 percent right?
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limsyoker View Post
    You got a point, I have yet to witness the stun rate in game though to compare it with sam's banish. It's 40 percent right?
    Yes, my video has the stun rate and it didn't really stun me all that often.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Yes, my video has the stun rate and it didn't really stun me all that often.
    That's the issue for me. I guess I'm really leaning with sam's terrify considering its reliability both pve and pvp. Not saying Singe isn't great but it has its set of tradeoffs as well (same with sam). Thanks for your opinion!
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    I would pay 30mil for it.

I'm naturally stingy... but I've seen the comparisons with Samael and IMO it's hard to contrast between the two pets because of the different advantages either pet brings to the PvP stage. I dont think that Samael's utility as the premium 1v1 pet is dimished by Singe and the AoE panic effect isn't inferior to the arcane ability of Singe in terms of giving the team an advantage in ctf clashes. Only reason I would pay that much more for Singe would be the clear difference in the amount of buff offered with Singe's happiness bonus compared to Samael's. The lack of crit boost is perhaps offset by the other buffs especially dmg reduction. That and also since Singe is the shiny new arcane pet that noone else has at the moment.
    Right, i'm really eyeing the buff Singe gives to party members! Thanks!
    duck dynasty falls

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I would pay 35m for it bcoz of its stats and looks and arcane ability, definitely a beast...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nagin View Post
    I would pay 35m for it bcoz of its stats and looks and arcane ability, definitely a beast...
    Ahh yes! I've seen it both in game and zeus' video! It's definitely a larger pet among all the other arcanes. His arcane ability is like hammerjaw's but a bit better as well!
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

After seeing it in action from the video, I'd pay about 25m-30m. Definitely a nice pet.

I mean have you seen THAT RANGE? JEEZ.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to keikali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

Based on what Zeus's video showed, at most I would pay 5k
    I was crazy before it was fashionable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I haven't really examined Singe much yet, but from the stats and abilities I've seen, it appears that Samael is much more useful in a 1-on-1 battle, but Singe appears much more useful in a team battle because of the extensive team buff, and therefore also much more useful in PvE when running elites with a full team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Let's remove the "it's new and not much has it atm" thinking and base our prices on the abilities/stat boost alone. I wanna hear what the community thinks before I purchase one! Thanks

Note: Please keep this thread constructive by supporting your price in mind and not just simply coming up with a figure.
    Under 20 million for me. Much under that.

Reason? I don't pvp. :P
    And thus, I cannot justify the price of pets like Sam, Whim, and Singe.
    It would be a very...very...very...very long time before a price of 20 mil profit can recollected from the usage of it. Remember, PROFIT. Your choice is to play as is & with the 20 mil & continuing to amass more gold, or spend the 20 mil and still gain what you would've gotten without (hopefully that makes sense). If going from one pet to another gave you the ability to run elite maps/arena with a 10% decrease in time per run...you'd still be farming for quite some time. You'd have to first farm 20 million to get back to being even. To get to where you would be with that 20 mil + what you would've been able to farm in that time...what? 38 million gold? And that's without the thought of how many times you'd have to feed the pet. Unless you want to slow down your super pet farming by stopping every time it gets hungry.

That's how I'd rationalize the purchase of an item that I'd be unable to trade for anything.
    For items that you can trade after usage...you can make a profit off of it very quickly, as you are often able to get most of its value back. With eggs on the other hand...once you open it, all the value is gone.
    Only those who risk going past the edge will find out how far they can go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morholt View Post
    Under 20 million for me. Much under that.

Reason? I don't pvp. :P
    And thus, I cannot justify the price of pets like Sam, Whim, and Singe.
    It would be a very...very...very...very long time before a price of 20 mil profit can recollected from the usage of it. Remember, PROFIT. Your choice is to play as is & with the 20 mil & continuing to amass more gold, or spend the 20 mil and still gain what you would've gotten without (hopefully that makes sense). If going from one pet to another gave you the ability to run elite maps/arena with a 10% decrease in time per run...you'd still be farming for quite some time. You'd have to first farm 20 million to get back to being even. To get to where you would be with that 20 mil + what you would've been able to farm in that time...what? 38 million gold? And that's without the thought of how many times you'd have to feed the pet. Unless you want to slow down your super pet farming by stopping every time it gets hungry.

That's how I'd rationalize the purchase of an item that I'd be unable to trade for anything.
    For items that you can trade after usage...you can make a profit off of it very quickly, as you are often able to get most of its value back. With eggs on the other hand...once you open it, all the value is gone.
    I'm seeing your point and i used to have the same mindset before. The thing is, investing on an egg is completely reasonable! They do not become completely outdated since they level up with you and would pretty much be your companion throughout a whole season. I would not say it's smart to put all of your gold into one great pet but if it does offer great help in the long run, one should think thoroughly. The thing with arcane pets is that they continue to gain abilities as well. I'm really happy with the STG's plan of introducing new passive abilities on lvl 41. thanks for ur input! ^.^
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

I'm seeing your point and i used to have the same mindset before. The thing is, investing on an egg is completely reasonable! They do not become completely outdated since they level up with you and would pretty much be your companion throughout a whole season. I would not say it's smart to put all of your gold into one great pet but if it does offer great help in the long run, one should think thoroughly. The thing with arcane pets is that they continue to gain abilities as well. I'm really happy with the STG's plan of introducing new passive abilities on lvl 41. thanks for ur input! ^.^
    Yes, but that is a lot of hardcore farming for likely a couple of seasons.

I like that they are likely going to do a lvl 40 passive for pets, too.
    However, you just reminded me something with that thought, too...! You're going to spend 20-30 million for an egg? How much of a difference is it going to make? Especially if you already have an arcane pet? Not very much of one... Maybe if he was released a few months ago, but now? This is terrible timing to spend so much gold for a very slight bump in numbers. I'd hang onto that gold and keep it for the release of the very near new expansion. I'd imagine an arcane weapon, ring, or helm will provide you with an unbelievably better stat boost. Upgrading any of your items to a lvl 41 mythic one will provide you with a much better boost than using the pet. Oh, and you can always trade that item back for most of its value...and sometimes, even more than what you paid for it.
    Only those who risk going past the edge will find out how far they can go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Under 20m. IMHO the pet is not geared toward a mage. Yes it has nice overall stats. But if you PvP Samael is way more useful. There is no crit bonus on Singe so you lose 10% crit over Samael. For a mage thats 1/3rd of your crit and that is huge loss. Secondly Singe stuns and not panics, so stun immunity would decrease the number of stuns can do. A mage can stun easily with fireball. Mages already have a high damage stat, and damage hurts in PvP but crits kill. So this is why for me Samael will be my go to pet for PvP. Also Samael's passive healing is amazing. I have been close to death sometimes, and if I stand in Samael's healing circle I can stay alive and counter act any DOT damage. In PvE, Samael is hard to beat too because of its banishment & panic. Also I don't really like the way Singe looks, kind of like a cuddly stuffed animal with a dopey look. Most likely I will pass on this pet since I don't see it getting much use.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I sold mine for 40,5m. Got a 45m offer but the guy gone off and i didnt waited him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I would pay 3854341g

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Max 25m not worth more then that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

I've been telling people not to pay more than 25 for it. It's New yes, it buffs and ignites things on fire etc. A team with slag, hammer/glacian, valkin, ribbit, and talon already has similar attributes. It's OP from a twink stand point and you get tons of stats though. Personally if I could choose any of the pets for elite I'll still choose Samael just for its terrify and banish. No amount of stats can account for instant - 100000hp on mobs which enhances survivability of the team!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

I'd pay 25-28 mil ,not more than that.Because it isnt as great as it was made up to be when it was first announced.
    Last edited by Serillia; 02-02-2014 at 04:05 AM.