Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Holiday Content Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

THE MUSIC.. the few times i hear it i love it, but it cuts out. *cry*
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #62
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Filter obviously needs tweaking.... we are working on it!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Tweaking should be filtered. Meth--Not even once!
    Hi, my name is Olhar. I'm a lvl41 mage in EOS and I'm an alcoholic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

what is wrong with the "saving winter" quest?? not getting presents after killing bosses...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kalielle View Post
    Meanwhile people are now sitting in town testing the limits of the filter, daring each other to say things like "voodoo spoon"
    Really? I'm laughing now hehehehe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    THE MUSIC.. the few times i hear it i love it, but it cuts out. *cry*
    Really? I can't stand it,it just keeps repeating, and it's not happy..
    I'll write about the pros and cons... cons first though.
    It should be dramatic and creepy in the first two chapters, and then upbeat when you rescue Father Frost... I know I said this before, but I really don't like the drop setup for the snowmen... ANY kinds of greys/whites that were festive of nature would have been fun! You could have had SO much more fun with this theme! The chapters were REALLY short. Could have had more chapters, and could have had more quests with the chapters. It just seems like the idea flow was not coming on this one... The Toy Man doesn't sound very mean, but that's OK. Could have had more than one boss, and monster type as well. Beating down snowmen all day gets soggy after awhile. Questing for the festive items in the older areas is a little boring to do after you are high level. Winter Village seemed like open woods with random houses, and less like a village. Winter Village could have been the "town" of the area, and i know that's a lot for a temporary event, but it would have added a lot more to the christmas theme.
    There could have been more quests that involved fun instead of just slaying snowmen and rescuing elves. Quests like take gifts to all these houses from one, or gather materials needed to wrap the presents, some small things in here, with some holiday theme, and some holiday rewards would have done tremendous things for this content. The actual Winter Village map could have been the Snowy Woods or something like that. And of course, you can pick up the quest for what is there now in the Winter Village of fun.

PROS!
    Love the design, it was great. Love the new items, they really are collectible and awesome looking. The snowman head is great, even though I still don't have it yet. The reindeer antlers with lights are awesome. I do not know where to get the antlers without lights yet, still looking for that one. The creativity of Father Frost's workshop was very cool. The monsters you do have (snowmen) look really wicked. The Toy Man looks crazy! I want his scepter! (maybe he drops it eventually, I'll let you know after I farm for the next week or so) Questing in other areas is a good way to get people involved in the other maps, and an incentive to buy them as well. Good job there. The presents for chests everywhere was a pretty cool thing. Updating the towns to match the season was awesome too. Maybe this could happen for all the seasons! The snow! Perfect... Icing on the cake

Other: () indicates maybe this could be added or changed
    On the description for Winter Village, It says, 'It would seem that Father Frost does need your help.' This sentence would seem better if rewritten. =p 'It seems that Father Frost is in need of your help!' (brave adventurer?)
    In the description for Father Frost's Factory, it says, 'The Toy Man must be stopped and Father Frost rescued(,) or the High Winter Festival will be ruined.(!)". Is the high winter festival going to happen?! Oh I hope there is another chapter dropped, just so we can party it up at the High Winter Festival for christmas!

Overall, 1-10 I would say this has the potential to be a 10, but because of the copied drops from aliens for snowmen, and the small scope of actual content, (minus the items,) I would give this new content a 4. =( I'm sorry I wish it was better. I don't feel like I wasted any money/platinum though, because the items will be classic one day, and hopefully not copied into next years winter content! Then they will be REALLY rare later in the game's life. =)
    [B]Level 50 Cyber Void Full Dex Archer: Seratonin, Level 50 (Experimental) Dex/IntMage, Cyber Cosmos, Void: Species,
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Cross-eyed yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

10plat is quite much for two level (third only a room with npcs), and only 1 new boss..
    boss seems to be a copy of keeper without manashield, easy to kill, takes only a bit long... drop rate of pinks semms high..
    so this dungeon is good for making some money..

cyber items:

good they exist for casual players and good is too that they arent tradable...
    what i really find bad is the style:
    armor: simply black and copy of sparkling of shock lance
    skull: just a copy of the low level skull in bluew with glowing eyes
    weapons: blacked weaps from ao3

i would appreciate a bit more design..
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Why can't we get experience on the winter level? You say its for all levels but it is a level 50 dungeon and you don't get a single exp point. I ran it a few times yesterday and I am trying to finish the quests but I had to stop to level up my character(level 35 atm in one week so far).

And I get booted all the time by levels 50 even though I don't die and keep them alive buffed and debuff mobs. Please let us get exp while doing the quests.

One question. What are the chances of getting pinks from the platinum sets?
    Last edited by Echelong; 12-15-2010 at 07:48 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

OMG, can't fully explore till later, but snuck on and LOVE the antlers! LOL. And the snow and presents. Very exciting!

ADD:
    Still in love. However, I got one Lost Present, that's supposed to be Fathom and Lost Expedition quest, from Balefort 5's King, who did not give me quest item that's supposed to be in Dark Forest and Balefort. (Sorry, forgot exact names of quests. Will know more when do it again.. and again :P )

Also I can't seem to throw the Winter Festival Tinsel Talon. It looks like a salt shaker. Oops, I mean sparkle shaker. Would be cool to be able to throw it like a Tree bauble decoration.

And the Merry Toy Man Wand seems like it ought to do a more interesting blast. Toys maybe? Or little caps? or little tree ornaments? or little elves? Just a thought.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Are the success rates on some of the holiday quests a little too low? I'm doing the pyramids quest, and after fighting 15 named bosses (Vicious Visitors x 1 and Plasma Pyramid x 2), I've gotten one success, so I'm 1/15. Am I seriously going to have to clear 50 or so levels to finish this quest?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

okay i think this bs if we bought the halloween pack shouldent the ppl tht bought the pack have the christmas thing free
    lololol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Imo, this is the campaign that looks like they spent the most time in... They paid attention to detail, one thing that caught my eye the most.... was the coloring of the floor in the toy man room, how it looked indented,and the detail of the wood...

Edit: ignore jownz's post, he welfares everything, i doubt he spent as much as 80% of us on item packs ?

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I dunno if others have posted it, but I don't hear any music in the winter festival levels (only sound effects like blasts, enemies grunts...). I'm on Iphone 3gs.

P.S.
    When i received the snowman vanity helm and after wearing it I heard some music, but after taking it off, it stopped playing for good.
    Last edited by nazgulking; 12-16-2010 at 02:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Love the holiday content!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Lol maybe you have to wear the snowman helm to hear he music? That'd be kinda funny.

Quote Originally Posted by nazgulking View Post
    I dunno if others have posted it, but I don't hear any music in the winter festival levels (only sound effects like blasts, enemies grunts...). I'm on Iphone 3gs.

P.S.
    When i received the snowman vanity helm and after wearing it I heard some music, but after taking it off, it stopped playing for good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What happens if I complete all of the elves' quests? Are there more quests after that?
    Onanebez - LVL 50 Paladin
    Onalecil - LVL 49 Birdie
    Maltesebear - LVL 15 Bear
    Joanoftwink - PvP Twink

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Annoying thing that just happened:

Fighting Toy Man using my alt level 25 toon with two level 50s.
    Owner was a level 50 that kept dying.
    With Toy Man down to about 40% HP, other L50 leaves (I later confirm gets booted).
    Just us two left.
    Toy Man becomes a lot easier. (Yay!)
    Right before the kill owner boots me.

That's the kind of scenario where Toy Man should all of a sudden get full health. LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ONANEBEZ View Post
    What happens if I complete all of the elves' quests? Are there more quests after that?
    No. completed and nothing else follows.
    [B]Level 50 Cyber Void Full Dex Archer: Seratonin, Level 50 (Experimental) Dex/IntMage, Cyber Cosmos, Void: Species,
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Cross-eyed yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu View Post
    Annoying thing that just happened:

Fighting Toy Man using my alt level 25 toon with two level 50s.
    Owner was a level 50 that kept dying.
    With Toy Man down to about 40% HP, other L50 leaves (I later confirm gets booted).
    Just us two left.
    Toy Man becomes a lot easier. (Yay!)
    Right before the kill owner boots me.

That's the kind of scenario where Toy Man should all of a sudden get full health. LOL
    Its going to get worse when the PC version comes out with Chinese farmers(nothing against Chinese gamers though just speaking from past experience with WoW). You will get booted or get robbed by them and its their job to do that. But yeah it happens when you tag along a farmer looking for pinks to sell.

PS Why don't we get experience points on the winter festival dungeon? CINCO or anyone please let us know.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Never mind. I got it.
    IGN:
    VietStylePao (19 DEX Bear)
    VietStyleMac (19 STR Mage)