Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Developing Story: Arcane Shards Discovered in Mount Rockhorn!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sceazikua View Post
    If you say the difference thingy and then say "plat should be only faster way to get items" then it makes zero sense, like you just bashed your own previous sentence. If you dont have plat, you farm and farm until you got 3m for the mythic armor set. Its not that hard. With plat you can buy stuff and sell for insta gold to have 3m to obtain the mythics. Opening lockeds is only pure luck, you might have imagine the chance to get arcane with little plat. Not all freemium players suck and dont have the mythic armor set.

*wave bye*
    I cant buy plat because of the inconvenience in currency, so should I end up this game because the new things come? How many people will have this ring?
    U didnt get my point...farming whole day for some crap item that costs 100-200k (if u r lucky) and make money to buy myth/arcane item for like 3mil - or farming whole day for some chance to loot myth/arcane from some boss...Only plats users can loot myth/arcane from lockeds and we have to farm and buy it from them...would be nice if we could loot it too and make money like them but on way to harder way.

Sent from Vox TV via...wait,what?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Holy cow...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

sounds fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

To be honest I don't see how this is any different for non plat users than mythic set was. Last time we were farming gold to buy mythic helm, armor, ring, amulet, bow - thats 5 mythic items costing from 1-5mil (discounting people who bought them right when they first came out ofc) depending on what you bought when.

In this case those of us who don't find the shards in crates will have to farm gold for those. Even if its 5 shards for the ring, with presumably mythic drop rate (maybe the shards will be mythic value? ahh speculation!) that makes pretty much the same job as we've had during the last couple of seasons. Farm enough gold to be able to buy 5 "mythic" items and then craft them into the ring.

Idk I like the idea, though if the shards did happen to drop from the final boss with the same drop rate as mythic from a crate.... I wouldn't complain I'm just sayin ^_^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandorix View Post
    U didnt get my point...farming whole day for some crap item that costs 100-200k (if u r lucky) and make money to buy myth/arcane item for like 3mil - or farming whole day for some chance to loot myth/arcane from some boss...Only plats users can loot myth/arcane from lockeds and we have to farm and buy it from them...would be nice if we could loot it too and make money like them but on way to harder way.

Ive came up with a solution that let mythics and.arcanes drop while maintaining the price but the number of times i said it out ways the responses. To me this update for shards is just aimed at plat buyer if its only from locked.crates. Sure elite.farmers can now.farm teeth and possibly sell the recipes but lets face it as it is, if mythics are still better then next seasons pinks who want to run with the poor legendary people of 36 to get at least new elite pinks and then farm with em after till they become middle class? Only and only a few good guilds and friends will do this, alot of people dont have that option. The way i see it sts is driving the.economy even further down
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

wow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I'll say this again, but the color of an item (arcane, mythic, legendary, epic, etc...) is based on how rare the item is, NOT on how good the stats are. So if you are suggesting that an arcane item should be more common, then you are basically suggesting that it should not be arcane but instead should be mythic or legendary. Well, guess what? There are items that are mythic and legendary. So you get your wish by getting those items.

It seems that quite a few people wish that mythic or arcane items did not exist. If that were the case, I would have become bored of this game long ago.

And to the person who suggested that plat should only allow you to get items faster, if that were the case STS would have been out of business long ago. Nobody is going to spend hundreds of dollars just to get things faster. Most people only spend money when it gives them a big advantage. Yes, there are some people who would spend plat anyway, but not enough to make the game profitable.

FYI, I do NOT open locked crates. I opened some a long time ago, never got anything mythic or arcane, and then I stopped. Somehow I still managed to get all mythic items and an arcane pet. So it is indeed possible. Just save up enough gold and buy those items.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

How long u need to farm for 30-50mil for one arcane without spending plats on locks or luck elix...just with lep +15% reroll chance? And ull say "u can merch"...ofc but 90% of players r merching now so try to get good profit.

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #109
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

A minor oversight on our part, of course the Arcane Shard will be available rarely from the Elite Gold Chests that drop in the expansion. The recipe for making the ring is also planned to be tradeable. This means once you learn it for yourself, you can farm for more Teeth and vendor the recipe on the CS!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    A minor oversight on our part, of course the Arcane Shard will be available rarely from the Elite Gold Chests that drop in the expansion. The recipe for making the ring is also planned to be tradeable. This means once you learn it for yourself, you can farm for more Teeth and vendor the recipe on the CS!
    I'm actually a little sad that the recipe's are sellable. But I guess non-elite runners deserve a chance at crafting an arcane ring too.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I dont like this! Its not fair its lootable only from lockeds make them farmable but extremely rare please! TY!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arcane Maniac View Post
    I dont like this! Its not fair its lootable only from lockeds make them farmable but extremely rare please! TY!
    Please re-read Carapaces most recent post above. It is also lootable from Elite Golden's as always.

Wish it was not tradeable. If you wanted the recipe, you should run it like everyone else.
    Last edited by keikali; 02-24-2014 at 12:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts

Yay that's more like it! Thank you to fairness to all players! As long as the drop rate of elite golden chests is the same as locked, that'd be great! I wish elite golden chests all had chance to drop platinum
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    Ive came up with a solution that let mythics and.arcanes drop while maintaining the price but the number of times i said it out ways the responses. To me this update for shards is just aimed at plat buyer if its only from locked.crates. Sure elite.farmers can now.farm teeth and possibly sell the recipes but lets face it as it is, if mythics are still better then next seasons pinks who want to run with the poor legendary people of 36 to get at least new elite pinks and then farm with em after till they become middle class? Only and only a few good guilds and friends will do this, alot of people dont have that option. The way i see it sts is driving the.economy even further down
    So then what is your solution?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

let me see if i understand this...

instead of spending 15 plat to open a crate and have a chance at an arcane ring, we'll now have to spend 15 plat to open a crate to have a chance of getting a shard that we'll have to have "x" amount of to make an arcane ring?...

If that's the case then well played sts, well played indeed.

17.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #116
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

We're listening, if the consensus seem to lean towards restricting the recipe to individual farming that is within our power to do so. The current plan is to allow it to be tradeable after purchase, but is an open point of debate internally here as well as it has pros and cons associated. Please feel free to leave more feedback about this aspect if you have an opinion on the matter. Obviously if we choose one, it doesn't mean it will be that way forever, so perhaps an initial offering of non-tradeable to start that becomes tradeable as the season comes to an end is feasible. Going the other way would create much more friction.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #117
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    let me see if i understand this...

instead of spending 15 plat to open a crate and have a chance at an arcane ring, we'll now have to spend 15 plat to open a crate to have a chance of getting a shard that we'll have to have "x" amount of to make an arcane ring?...

If that's the case then well played sts, well played indeed.
    While we could do X arcane shards for the recipe, the power of the item would have to justify the value and ultimately would be broken. The Ring will only require 1 Arcane Shard, and additional essences currently found in the world.
    | | | |

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

While we could do X arcane shards for the recipe, the power of the item would have to justify the value and ultimately would be broken. The Ring will only require 1 Arcane Shard, and additional essences currently found in the world.
    Bummer, so we only need 1 shard?

and we gota farm other places for the other ingredients?

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

We're listening, if the consensus seem to lean towards restricting the recipe to individual farming that is within our power to do so. The current plan is to allow it to be tradeable after purchase, but is an open point of debate internally here as well as it has pros and cons associated. Please feel free to leave more feedback about this aspect if you have an opinion on the matter. Obviously if we choose one, it doesn't mean it will be that way forever, so perhaps an initial offering of non-tradeable to start that becomes tradeable as the season comes to an end is feasible. Going the other way would create much more friction.
    This is a question the requires the chance at drops, but taking into account the general history of the game and the way the odds go I would predict it would work out like this:

To craft the ring, it requires BOTH the arcane shard and the recipe, so the RARITY of the ring is going to either be based on the rarity of the shard or the recipe. Considering the Shard drops from crates and Elite Golden's, it is a safe bet to assume that is going to be the limiting item. Recipes drop from the bosses and due to elixirs those can be over farmed quickly so in all probability the number of recipes looted in game is going increase at a much faster rate then the Shards. This means for every recipe used per Shard, there will also be a glut of unused recipes causing them to caaaarrraaassshhhh in value extremely quick making them a pretty much useless part of the equation. (Think of it like McDonalds Monopoly where there are TONS of Park Place pieces but only two Boardwalks)

The solution to make the recipe a useful ingredient is either to require the player to farm their OWN recipe (which would cause anger), to take the recipes out of the luck table and make them EXTREMELY rare (which would cause anger) or ... hmm ... (glad I don't make the game).

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

A non-tradeable recipe as described would be great. It would encourage people to attemp more elites instead of waiting for recipes to start trickling down from others.

Also, if the recipe can be used repeatedly, they will eventually lose value as the season goes on and people continue to re-use and sell them once they've crafted the ring. if they remain untradable, it become a quest and a challenge for those who want to attain the ring. I'd go as far to suggest once the recipe is used, it becomes consumed along with the shard. This should keep the quantity of arcane rings at an acceptable level.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Hectororius For This Useful Post: