Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Tradeable Plat----->

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

I seem to recall something about it being against apple policy to transfer platinum between accounts, as it's real currency or something. I can't remember the details, but it was something that was explained when we couldn't transfer platinum we had in one game to another game. I can't see how it would be ok to transfer from player to player if we can't even transfer from ourself to ourself.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pandamoni For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Pls sir I plat pls I need to open ma crates
    pls sir I need respec sir

We have enough to deal with gold IMO

Sent from my Xperia U using Tapatalk 4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    267 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoni View Post
    I seem to recall something about it being against apple policy to transfer platinum between accounts, as it's real currency or something. I can't remember the details, but it was something that was explained when we couldn't transfer platinum we had in one game to another game. I can't see how it would be ok to transfer from player to player if we can't even transfer from ourself to ourself.
    I remember this being brought up when SL was released and people wanted thier PL plat brought to their SL account.

We were able to purchase platinum in PL and it would show up in SL as long as we were using the same account. Apple put a stop to that.
    Last edited by Commanderkeen; 03-04-2014 at 10:58 AM.

AL: Generalzod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Commanderkeen View Post
    I remember this being brought up when SL was released and people wanted thier PL plat brought to their SL account.

We were able to purchase platinum in PL and it would show up in SL as long as we were using the same account. Apple put a stop to that.
    Please come back on topic treadable plats bought with money and available on rare occasions just like mythic event is what i introduced.

I never talked about transferring plats from pocket legend and star legend or making the plats from surveys and gift from sts tradeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahi View Post
    Do u have any new software to differentiate them?
    Because both are used for rerolls,buying elixirs etc.,
    you can't differentiate them.

~Prahi
    Actually differentiating the sellable plat from normal ones is the last problem the main thing is analyzing the consequences this will bring to the market.
    if you don't know how to differentiate what you created..."Huston we have a problem"

The more i think about it the more i believe this a good idea...money will flow from rich to poor or middle class players.

Having gold obtained through selling plats to the rich players the poor and middle class players will buy the stuff the rich players that bought their plats will loot from lockeds.

It's a bit complicated but it's circulation of gold from rich to poor, it will be just like during the grimm egg sales poor players got access to gold and were able to buy more myths and highly valued items from the rich players.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 03-04-2014 at 11:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    267 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EliteFamily View Post
    Please come back on topic treadable plats bought with money and available on rare occasions just like mythic event is what i introduced.

I never talked about transferring plats from pocket legend and star legend or making the plats from surveys and gift from sts tradeable.

Actually differentiating the sellable plat from normal ones is the last problem the main thing is analyzing the consequences this will bring to the market the market.
    if you don't know how to differentiate what you created..."Huston we have a problem"

The more i think about it the more i believe this a good idea...money will flow from rich to poor or middle class players.

Having gold obtained through selling plats to the rich players the poor and middle class players will buy the stuff the rich players that bought their plats will loot from lockeds.

It's a bit complicated but it's circulation of money.
    Guess you didn't get what we were saying. Apple won't let this happen!

AL: Generalzod

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Commanderkeen For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Commanderkeen View Post
    Guess you didn't get what we were saying. Apple won't let this happen!

Apple?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Tradeable plat, account, name, guild. These never going to happen.

Küldve az én Nexus 4-emről

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

-1 on the idea, Not everyone can be a mythic player. If everyone was and if mythics were easy to get. The prices would drop horribly there'd be no point in opening crates to get them and sell them. Mythic and arcanes are top gear, it needs to be a challenge to get them. Not just go CS buy plat open a few crates

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

The bottom line is its not in STS best interests for them to take the one thing that makes them money and pays their incomes and costs and development and to essentially make it free to everyone. There would be no point in having a two currency system if they both going to be free.

They run enough contests and give-aways for those that cannot purchase plat, and made the most popular plat purchases like inventory slots and auctions slots and character slots for free to everyone. you can even change your characters looks for free.

Even just having 1 hour of FREE TRADABLE PLAT too everyone would ruin the game.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hectororius For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hectororius View Post
    The bottom line is its not in STS best interests for them to take the one thing that makes them money and pays their incomes and costs and development and to essentially make it free to everyone. There would be no point in having a two currency system if they both going to be free.

They run enough contests and give-aways for those that cannot purchase plat, and made the most popular plat purchases like inventory slots and auctions slots and character slots for free to everyone. you can even change your characters looks for free.

Even just having 1 hour of FREE TRADABLE PLAT too everyone would ruin the game.
    I see never mind then i retire what i said. [thread closed]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

This has been brought up before and hasnt had good response. From playing rift though it could easily work by making a simple bundle that can be bought in auction but in order to get said bundle you'd have to but the bundle with real money or plats. Simple sts makes money for every time one is bought, player makes money for selling
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

Erm, bad idea, will ruin economy, just no. -1000

STS Have to make monthly fees from something..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

This will not happen. The platinum purchasers allow this game to be free for others. It would not make sense for people who have not spent real money to obtain the best gear and pets. I feel that over time this would decrease the overall amount of platinum purchased. You have to keep the big spenders happy. To do this they have to have better gear, pets, etc. If plat was tradable you would see some non deserving(non paying) players with some similar gear. This would ultimately discourage people from spending big money on platinum.

I do not think the game economy would crash, but STS could potentially lose money. I say potentially because there is a chance that a change like this could generate more income for them. The problem is how do they justify taking a chance when they already have a working model that generates income. Its too much of a gamble for them.

PS - I haven't bought any plats

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyblue View Post
    This will not happen. The platinum purchasers allow this game to be free for others. It would not make sense for people who have not spent real money to obtain the best gear and pets. I feel that over time this would decrease the overall amount of platinum purchased. You have to keep the big spenders happy. To do this they have to have better gear, pets, etc. If plat was tradable you would see some non deserving(non paying) players with some similar gear. This would ultimately discourage people from spending big money on platinum.

I do not think the game economy would crash, but STS could potentially lose money. I say potentially because there is a chance that a change like this could generate more income for them. The problem is how do they justify taking a chance when they already have a working model that generates income. Its too much of a gamble for them.

PS - I haven't bought any plats
    Supposedly you dont need to spend real money to get the best gear. As for sts taking a gamble they can do away with plat to gold conversion and implement what o said in my post, a plat bundle. Theyd still make money and that would be the way players use there money to make gold
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    This has been brought up before and hasnt had good response. From playing rift though it could easily work by making a simple bundle that can be bought in auction but in order to get said bundle you'd have to but the bundle with real money or plats. Simple sts makes money for every time one is bought, player makes money for selling
    Finally someone intelligent OMG.

the plats that aren't bought by the rich will be bought by the poor.

poor buys plat and sells them to the rich for gold.
    rich opens crates loots myth and arcane with the plats bought from poor.
    poor now has gold so he buys myths and arcanes from rich.
    rich gets back his gold.
    sts makes money.
    poor now has a good gear.
    rich now has more gold.

everyone is happy.

simple.
    Tradeable plat was just like during grimm egg event (Yes sir, grimm was somehow just like a tradeable bunch of 250 plat camouflaged as a pet egg)...it makes money circulate from here to there.
    Plats are going to be bought anyway tradeable plats or not.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 03-04-2014 at 04:56 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

The amount of scamming (and false accusations) would reach epic levels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    Supposedly you dont need to spend real money to get the best gear. As for sts taking a gamble they can do away with plat to gold conversion and implement what o said in my post, a plat bundle. Theyd still make money and that would be the way players use there money to make gold
    I'm sure you can obtain a great character without spending real money. I have been playing for around a month and have made approximately 750k. It would take years to build a top character with the way I currently play, but it is possible.

I didn't take into consideration the current system that allows plat to gold conversion. I have a feeling that it's seldom used. The thing with the current system is that STS eats the platinum that is converted. You get gold, they get the platinum. There is no current conversion of gold to plat. That's the difference.

Personally I wouldn't complain if they implemented tradable plat. As I mentioned I haven't purchased any and would love to be able to get my hands on some for free. I just don't think they will.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EliteFamily View Post
    Finally someone intelligent OMG.

the plats that aren't bought by the rich will be bought by the poor.

poor buys plat and sells them to the rich for gold.
    rich opens crates loots myth and arcane with the plats bought from poor.
    poor now has gold so he buys myths and arcanes from rich.
    rich gets back his gold.
    sts makes money.
    poor now has a good gear.
    rich now has more gold.

everyone is happy.

simple.
    Tradeable plat was just like during grimm egg event (Yes sir, grimm was somehow just like a tradeable bunch of 250 plat camouflaged as a pet egg)...it makes money circulate from here to there.
    Plats are going to be bought anyway tradeable plats or not.
    That bolded quote does not help your case.. I don't need to explain that anyways. Debaters would understand what I'm talking about.

Tradable plat will never happen. In your example, you say that the poor can buy plat... They can already get gold just through plat-to-gold conversion.

The picture you aren't understanding is that when plat is distributed in such a level plane, more people are able to open crates.. More crates opened + more myths/arcanes. More supply = Lower price.

Just my opinion.

Btw.. Saying "thread close" does not close the thread.. you have to pm a mod to do that.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebezaanec For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

If anything, they should allow us to convert 1000gold back to one plat coin!

<The Hammer>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Uh.... No.
    Hey, I'm a lone wolf. A wolf who wants to be friends with you :3