Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: So.. Can someone tell me WTF is up with this game now :)

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #21
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

The problem is that A LOT of children play our game, and there is no way to guarantee that "2 mature people" are actually 2 mature people.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    The problem is that A LOT of children play our game, and there is no way to guarantee that "2 mature people" are actually 2 mature people.
    But if they're both participating in the conversation and neither one is complaining? I can understand getting rid of the pervs who are Pming unwanted messages. But if both people are equal participants in the conversation, and no one else is hearing it, what's the harm?
    Seems to me that private messages should be left to each person whether to report or not. Public chat is a different story.

Still a bit creeped out about pms being read through without being reported. Do you guys read our forum pms as well?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ummmm... im 13 and i go to a private school. in 2nd grade i knew about sex and stuff so did every other person in my grade. by 4th grade we all knew about 95% of everything and this is a private catholic school so there is nothing bad that is going to happen having kids hear all the stuff on pl. i promise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They're protecting their interests. Even if both participants are "willing", it's sketchy for an adult to have "inappropriate" conversations with a minor. It just leads to problems. Even if it is within private messages, the medium is maintained by STS. With the anonymity of the internet, there is no way to guarentee someone is who they say they are. Chat can lead to other things, and STS is just being proactive in protecting their product and customers.
    Arybeth-47 Enchantress
    Galois-45 Archer
    Bearhandedguy-33 Warrior

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

^^^ The devs understand why we are so upset. But the point of all of this extra precaution that they are using is that they don't want to be sued! Last thing any company needs is to find themselves in court with a tainted child and p***ed off mother wanting every single dime they have for not protecting her child. (Yeah sounds unlikely, but look at the fool woman sueing McDonalds right now!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Can you make a mature server please. :P

Free character transfers too.

Solves all the problems. The user must agree that they are 17+ to access the mature server. Chat filters on the are less restricted on that server.

Also this could prevent nerd wars. ^_^ lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    so... cussing is.. ok?

And mystic and i cant be homosexual anymore? that hurts my feelings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

lol i will RUN next time i see Balonia. she must be a ban machine now ^^ if she is not already gone T.T
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    lol i will RUN next time i see Balonia. she must be a ban machine now ^^ if she is not already gone T.T
    Nah shes still haunting the game in a long lost hidden charecter . I just think its sad that she got perm banned for the small thing she did, especially considering that she has spent money on this game. Personally I think the devs need to be less harsh on players who have spent money on the game. Its pretty clear that Mike can get away with almost anything for purchasing 40k platinum .

I'm pretty sure if I was a dev, I would rather not ban of a paying customer to protect some 9 year old kid who is most likely not even gonna contribute a cent to the game.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cormz View Post
    ummmm... im 13 and i go to a private school. in 2nd grade i knew about sex and stuff so did every other person in my grade. by 4th grade we all knew about 95% of everything and this is a private catholic school so there is nothing bad that is going to happen having kids hear all the stuff on pl. i promise.
    This is exactly why there must be strict enforcement.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blaquehaaart View Post
    This is exactly why there must be strict enforcement.
    Um why? She basically just said that theres nothing more she can learn about sex from this game since she knows a lot already.