Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Elite Maps are SOOOO HARDDDDD!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Any changes made now will effectively be a nerf. One shots are not that unfair and there has certainly been some exaggerating done on the way or how often they occur.
    When I have a fresh fully charged Arcane Shield with my Tank's HoR, with my finger on the pot button, I shouldn't be (1) shotted so quick that I can't see what hit me and no I'm not in a red zone.

When my tank who has 6.5K HP or more and 2K armor, he should not be (1) shotted by a boss. And yes he is a seasoned veteran, not your run of the mill nub with mythics.

No one is asking for a nerf, rather an adjustment on how mobs react and attack. (1) hitting members is not a solution to making a map challenging.

I'm enjoying making the gold from the item drops, why would I WANT to nerf something that is beneficial to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Exaggerations? Lol You haven't been running these maps regularly have you. There's no pull small enough to guarantee that the pt will make it through. And 9x out of 10 if one goes down, the rest follow. See the countless posts from respected forumers most of which I run with, highly skilled and top geared players? They're dying, a lot. We all are. The only exaggeration here is the op maps with no gear available to run successfully.
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gorecaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Just my take but most of the people who are saying not to nerf elite are either fully/max geared (arcanes etc) or platinum users. You are the people who have the pro players (when I say pro I mean other max geared players) with you so yes you'll find it less challenging than the rest of those that either legendary geared or those that can't make it to the boss after dying.
    What this would result in is more of the fully geared/plat users looting the good gear. You'll be making 500k+ when you loot an item while those that can't do it because they aren't geared appropriately will have to work with rooks/lock hunting etc... I don't see any other way to earn decent gold at the moment except to do the new elites.
    And before you say farm crates and earn enough gold to buy better gear. Everyone took their valuable time to actually level cap in the hope of being able to get better loot drops from elite and progress. By the time you save enough for mythics the elite gear will be watered down in price. The point is that everyone should be able to do the elites. Of course it will take longer for some than others. But come on, getting one hitted by mobs that's laughable xD. I don't mind so much getting one hitted by bosses. After all mobs are meant be hacked and slashed at until you get to the boss where you'll have to play a bit more strategically. When 1 mob can hit you down to 20% with one hit and your pot heals you by 30% every pot, you can see the problem.
    For this reason I have kept well away from elite tindrin and concentrated on lock hunting and egg hunting where I don't have to waste so much pots and I'll have a fairly good chance of having something to show for mine and my parties effort.
    Ty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

People are spending 15mil on Sammy in the hopes of improving runs. Now that's dedication. Does it work? Lol nope.
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gorecaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

My point is proven lol. Altering the mobs behaviour/damage output is, essentially, a nerf. The only out of place one-hit KO happens on Abomination boss's red zone, sometimes up to 400k of raw damage but I believe that was intentional.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    My point is proven lol. Altering the mobs behaviour/damage output is, essentially, a nerf. The only out of place one-hit KO happens on Abomination boss's red zone, sometimes up to 400k of raw damage but I believe that was intentional.
    Snakes. SNAKES ON A PLANE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gorecaster View Post
    People are spending 15mil on Sammy in the hopes of improving runs. Now that's dedication. Does it work? Lol nope.
    Spamming samael is much easier than fighting
    True story

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sky_is_epicgearz View Post
    Spamming samael is much easier than fighting
    True story
    However Samael banishing is not as effective in the new content. Tested. Also where is the fun in doing that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Most of the people who are saying make the new elites easier just want to loot high valuable items in an easy way. Why dont you farm elite rooks nest or lost mages mine, because the loots are cheap? Expensive loot and easy maps are not synonyms.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

honestly, if u see those top new elite weapons and gears in auction, all the sellers are arcane and max geared players.
    they hav like 4-5 or more new elite stuffs tht selling for OP price. while poor and avg players cant afford, idk who buys lol.

those maxed geared guys r the ones saying not to nerf or are easy with proper parties.
    yes yes!!! its very easy if u r with 4arcane party using all sams as 4sam will heal around 500hp per 3s. and their banish.
    bt who cares. we legendery gear users will not be bothered either to do elites nor buying elite stuffs.

and u all maxed players tht get good loots will nvr be sold due to OP prices and will be stacking in their inventory lol.

we legendery users will nvr be able to get those loots as cant run bck to boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

I don't think elites should be changed, we are still early into a season with many new changes and ways of doing things. I personally like the challenge these maps offer while frustrating at times at least it makes us work instead of breeze through with top gear.

Also keep in mind there is still more on the horizon, crafting with shard and other means was already hinted at being extended to other items in the future and they may still be releasing new legendaries.

Retired Officer of Chivalrous Union

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Most of the people who are saying make the new elites easier just want to loot high valuable items in an easy way. Why dont you farm elite rooks nest or lost mages mine, because the loots are cheap? Expensive loot and easy maps are not synonyms.
    which items r valuable? :O
    ok. if u say magma gears and weapons r valuable do u wear them?
    also ik u saying not to nerf it bt honestly no one cares if nt nerfed. u pro maxed playrs can only burn plats and get good loots selling at high price in auction and no one buys bt u does farming nd getting good loots again and again. so ur invent will get full with these valuable loots. not only u, lots of maxed out player will hav this issue too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

I'm making great gold off these drops and I'm asking for a fix. Why on Earth would I ask to nerf something that is beneficial for me?

Also, a majority of the average players are the ones who normally purchase these drops that we loot since they can't really run it with the gear they have. If the average player does not play, who will you sell your loot to? Sure as hell I won't be buying it because my gear is above that. Mercs won't buy it because who will they sell it to?

In the end you are left with no one to sell it to and realize oh right should have gone the other route.

AL is a Capitalistic society just like in the U.S., you have to have the average consumer to survive. Without one or the other, you will have a dead stale economy.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to keikali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    which items r valuable? :O
    ok. if u say magma gears and weapons r valuable do u wear them?
    also ik u saying not to nerf it bt honestly no one cares if nt nerfed. u pro maxed playrs can only burn plats and get good loots selling at high price in auction and no one buys bt u does farming nd getting good loots again and again. so ur invent will get full with these valuable loots. not only u, lots of maxed out player will hav this issue too
    I see lot people with entombed hammer lvl40, magmatic blades or magmatic claymore. The new sorcerer security suit and helm looks interesting, fits very good in a pvp tanky team play build. Idk about the other classes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

I agree that one shoting a well geared tank seems ridiculous. I am a mage. Yes, I should be killed in one shot(by bosses, not mobs). The tank of the party should not. Although if we are outside of the red zone why do we die? This happens often. It would be real nice if there were better ways for the tank to maintain agro as well. All other MMO games I've played have real good options for tanks. They need to maintain all the attacks on them. This unfortunately does not happen in AL. Hopefully the new skill system that is being worked on can make improvements in this area.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I have no clue which people are complaining about what - plat vs non-plat.

That is why I like joining PUGs -- one, I meet new people. two, it's amazing the difference in player levels out there. There are some who are great. There are many who are quite bad. Which type of player should STS target the elite dungeons?

I do agree with Rob -- my biggest thing might be time -- if I have to have over an hour planned to do something, I do not always do it. That said, I do think the majority of elites can be done in under an hour, possibly much less, but it does take work. However, those usual very bad players will likely find it very difficult to get past the mobs to the boss in a reasonable amount of time.

Personally I like the new elites, perhaps with a tiny bit of tweaking. I am not sure I mind the non-stoppable snakes. With a bit of strategy where the mage stops everything else, the rogue or rest of the party can work on the big snakes/scorns.

I think it really depends on how much of a population STS wants in Elites.

Star light, star bright...

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Elite players won't complain about the difficulty of elite map.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Yeah those snakes in the last hallway is ridiculous... God for forbid you try and plat revive...o.O Good luck with that.

I'm not even sure better gear will change this problem because like kei said... even those few that don't want their farmed gear to be easier to get won't matter because there won't be anyone to buy it any longer.
    Last edited by notfaded1; 03-31-2014 at 01:20 PM.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    I'm making great gold off these drops and I'm asking for a fix. Why on Earth would I ask to nerf something that is beneficial for me?

Also, a majority of the average players are the ones who normally purchase these drops that we loot since they can't really run it with the gear they have. If the average player does not play, who will you sell your loot to? Sure as hell I won't be buying it because my gear is above that. Mercs won't buy it because who will they sell it to?

In the end you are left with no one to sell it to and realize oh right should have gone the other route.

AL is a Capitalistic society just like in the U.S., you have to have the average consumer to survive. Without one or the other, you will have a dead stale economy.
    What will you say to those who bought magmatic blades or entombed hammers for 1-1.5m gold now, when they drop to the 3-400k range immediately.

Guys remember what the old Bjorn said:

'They are very dangerous, but the rewards can be well worth the risk!'
    Last edited by Haligali; 03-31-2014 at 01:00 PM.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

What will you say to those who bought magmatic blades or entombed hammers for 1-1.5m gold now, when they drop to the 3-400k range immediately.

Guys remember what the old Bjorn said:

well if they hav bought then they r able to do new elites better and has even got good loots to make up their loss buying weapon for 1.5m.
    and m eagerly waiting price drop to 300-400k lol.