Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Elite Maps are SOOOO HARDDDDD!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    What will you say to those who bought magmaticWhatblades or entombed hammers for 1-1.5m gold now, when they drop to the 3-400k range immediately.

Guys remember what the old Bjorn said:

'They are very dangerous, but the rewards can be well worth the risk!'
    Can you tell me what kind of player bought that? Your average player. What will you say when there are no players to purchase it anymore? It can be 5m for all I care, if you have no one purchasing it then it's pointless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gorecaster View Post
    Exaggerations? Lol You haven't been running these maps regularly have you. There's no pull small enough to guarantee that the pt will make it through. And 9x out of 10 if one goes down, the rest follow. See the countless posts from respected forumers most of which I run with, highly skilled and top geared players? They're dying, a lot. We all are. The only exaggeration here is the op maps with no gear available to run successfully.
    I can tell you with 100% certainty, that I have a strategy in The Wilds that ensures you face no more than 3 mobs at a time, and never in combination of ranged and melee mobs. And, most of the time, it is usually one or two at a time. Yes, it's a longer run...perhaps 30 mins solo, but very easy to manage.

The other maps are a bit more challenging, but the first map, if done properly, can be beaten by just about anyone, solo or in party.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    Can you tell me what kind of player bought that? Your average player. What will you say when there are no players to purchase it anymore? It can be 5m for all I care, if you have no one purchasing it then it's pointless.
    My non-plat friends already bought entombed lvl40.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I think a big problem in these elites is that players are in a rush and pull too many mobs at a time, so then you have instant death. I suppose if you don't mind dying a dozen times on each run, then you can play it that way. But if you want to minimize deaths, then only attack a few mobs at the same time. And if you pull more mobs than intended by accident, then run back and let them reset before continuing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by energizeric View Post
    i think a big problem in these elites is that players are in a rush and pull too many mobs at a time, so then you have instant death. I suppose if you don't mind dying a dozen times on each run, then you can play it that way. But if you want to minimize deaths, then only attack a few mobs at the same time. And if you pull more mobs than intended by accident, then run back and let them reset before continuing.
    exactly!

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I think a big problem in these elites is that players are in a rush and pull too many mobs at a time, so then you have instant death. I suppose if you don't mind dying a dozen times on each run, then you can play it that way. But if you want to minimize deaths, then only attack a few mobs at the same time. And if you pull more mobs than intended by accident, then run back and let them reset before continuing.
    I think that has a lot yo do with the way we are trained. In the past elites this is how we did each one. Point to point with large mobs killing as effective as possible.

Now... This doesn't work so much, heck there are times that doesn't even work in normal.

Communicate, strategize and find a solution. We all need to stop going in head first and eyes half open.

Retired Officer of Chivalrous Union

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

the reason for this is because most of us play AL (and PL before that) because it's supposed to be a "pick up and play" type game. STS was based upon this gaming niche. These games were meant to cater to players who liked mmo's but didn't want to commit to 45 min plus play sessions. It appears to me that sts is trying to get away from that pick up and play type game model based on the ever increasing complexities (such as crafting and teeth salesman) and the much longer time it requires to do an elite run this season. That's their decision but if that's the case I'll either go play WoW where I get much more content or go to O & C that fulfills the pick up and play game mode I'm looking for. Most likely it will be the later because I real life things I like to do. What was great about AL is I could jump in for 10-15 min at a time and get a chance at a drop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Lol, makes me wonder how this is working out for you if you're still dying some 30 or so times in a map.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    654 Posts

Hehehe, I can't wait to see scorn's nerf. I was doing a map slowly and then a player starts using 20% armor reduction -_-"
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

RAMBO are party killers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Nobody seems to be listening to anyone so there's no point in continuing this discussion.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hectororius View Post
    Nobody seems to be listening to anyone so there's no point in continuing this discussion.
    I think everyone agree's on one thing the maps should not be nerfed.

maybe a bit rendtail

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

E, 100% agree. These new maps ARE designed where you can't go rambo style.

HOWEVER, some maps you cannot avoid this. Lets take the 4th Spider Map for example. The first damn pull you have a set of Snakes, Healer and some other trash. You cannot segregate them efficiently besides "luring" them to a corner and dying and hoping that not all of them follow so you can again resurrect and pick them off.

Map 1 and 2 are easy and easily approachable, but map 4 is a Snakes on a Plane movie gone wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Hectororius View Post
    Ignorance is bliss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EliteFamily View Post
    RAMBO are party killers.
    Hey our RAMBO wasn't that bad

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Yes, the snakes are very tough, mostly because there seems to be no way to slow or stun them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    the reason for this is because most of us play AL (and PL before that) because it's supposed to be a "pick up and play" type game. STS was based upon this gaming niche. These games were meant to cater to players who liked mmo's but didn't want to commit to 45 min plus play sessions. It appears to me that sts is trying to get away from that pick up and play type game model based on the ever increasing complexities (such as crafting and teeth salesman) and the much longer time it requires to do an elite run this season. That's their decision but if that's the case I'll either go play WoW where I get much more content or go to O & C that fulfills the pick up and play game mode I'm looking for. Most likely it will be the later because I real life things I like to do. What was great about AL is I could jump in for 10-15 min at a time and get a chance at a drop.
    You're missing something.... This game is both. There are the elite dungeons for the hardcore players and the regular dungeons and tombs for the players who want to play 10-15 minutes. Both dungeons are effective ways to farm. You can farm for crates in KM3 or farm for teeth in The Wilds, or you can farm elites.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Maps 1 (The Wilds) and Map 2 (Jagged Trail) are the two easiest maps. Once people figure out the strategy then the price for these two weapons will drop because the maps get over farmed.
    A nerf on elite will just expedite this process. I find the mobs on Jagged Trail much more difficult than the spider cave.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

readed all posts and its clearly to see " alot of ppl dont know challenge mean "

Side A saying= 1 hit kill annoying.
    Side B keep saying= " pls pls dont nerf its good now, its must hard for real challenge "

guys dont name it challenge if you name it challenge, other ppls will try to tell you its not a challenge... but if you tell it clearly like that " pls pls 1 hit die better for the plat users, free players couldnt farm here and we can sell the items hight prize forever " <<< if you tell it that way clearly all will deal easly...

just tryed reply reality, didnt wanted meanie.. not enought english for the say my means with softly way...

btw i can use plat rev but i am not up to join a dungeon if i ll die 1 hit. 1 hit die isnt a challenge and not funy... also i am not saying thats coz i want farm there... because i didnt try any tindrin elites yet and its better not try to Because 1 hit die = NOT FUNY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

Most of the people who are saying make the new elites easier just want to loot high valuable items in an easy way. Why dont you farm elite rooks nest or lost mages mine, because the loots are cheap? Expensive loot and easy maps are not synonyms.
    First of I think the word desirable instead of valuable is more appropriate - it's not the difficulty of the map that dictates price, is the desirability of the item - and then supply and demand laws.

And in any case, who decided that we want these items to be pricey? Those who want to sell for a lot of gold to be able to buy the next bext thing in game that is worth millions (arcane stuff or save for new mythics).

This prices are inflated right now, not sustainable in the long run - no average player can spend few million on pinks, that's a price range for mythics and arcane. but then it's difficult for a farmer to make enough gold to afford mythics and arcanes so they (we) hope for difficult things that only top elite players can get and that they (we) can sell for a lot..

the average player can't play new elites and likely can't afford these pinks because the old gear isn't as desirable to farm for and new gear is unobtainable..

I honestly don't know the solution for this. but i think it's detrimental to the game if the average player can't complete a run, it's descouraging and he loses an important source of income. if the average player can't make money he wont spend money and your item won't be sold.

The toeless smurf!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katish For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Most of the people who are saying make the new elites easier just want to loot high valuable items in an easy way. Why dont you farm elite rooks nest or lost mages mine, because the loots are cheap? Expensive loot and easy maps are not synonyms.
    I agree. People are expecting to beat the hardest dungeon in the game with ease with the "pink gears" which are less than 1k gold worth in cs. Simply, if you cant run, dont. Theres no need to be frustrated if you cant run a map, there are other maps available. You do NOT have to run the elite tindirin to have fun if its so frustrated because you want to stick to something youve been using for months and dont want to change. Elites are not called elites for nothing.
    Pfft. "new elites require full arcane and mythic to be easy"? LOL last night I ran with a party, only me and a sorc guildmate had mythic armor no ring, we were using conquistador guns too. The tank had 1k6 armor and 6k hp with conquistador cheap shield, and he didnt die in those 2 runs. We kept our pulls small, not just like rambo luring 10 or more mobs like in shuyal. not sure why people are crying about "plat revive needed because running back to boss is too hard" too. In kali's talks he did mention a tactic, which is sacrifice and lure the mob into 1 place to clear the map. That totally prove without plat you still CAN run back to the boss. Think outside of the box pls, dont cry if you try going rambo into a group of mobs and died.
    Last edited by Sceazikua; 04-01-2014 at 12:16 AM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Sceazikua For This Useful Post: