Thread: Choosing weapon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Choosing weapon

Hi guys, I'm going to buy new weapon for warrior but it's hard to decide, could you please help me to choose one of these weapons. Thank you so much.
    Hammer warfare lv 40
    Magmatic Claymore of Will lv 41
    Magmatic Claymore of Tactics lv 41
    Magmatic Claymore of Assault lv 40 (lv 41 weapon is too expensive)

I unlive in Underworld. Unlive, not live.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts

Hammer warfare=highest dmg
    Magmatic claymore of assault=most dps

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xeusx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Have a look at the Pavise too if you can. A tank shouldn't be dishing out the most damage/dps, but should be tanky instead. The pavise is one of the best tanking gears available out there! That's my recommendation (sorry doesn't meet your requirements..)..

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hiosahaf For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hiosahaf View Post
    Have a look at the Pavise too if you can. A tank shouldn't be dishing out the most damage/dps, but should be tanky instead. The pavise is one of the best tanking gears available out there! That's my recommendation (sorry doesn't meet your requirements..)..
    Depends on the map, and party formation. If I was to use a legendary weapon I would go with the entombed warfare. It has some armor, a really good proc, and has a higher damage stat than a mythic glaive. Granted, the pavise is tempting me this season. I have had a handful of deathless runs but nearly as many as I would like.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Depends on the map, and party formation. If I was to use a legendary weapon I would go with the entombed warfare. It has some armor, a really good proc, and has a higher damage stat than a mythic glaive. Granted, the pavise is tempting me this season. I have had a handful of deathless runs but nearly as many as I would like.
    Yes, Pavise is exclusively for the harder maps (read elites), where one's main purpose should be tanking. I have no clue about the prices atm (at all), but if he is looking to do elite tind, he should go for the pavise.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hiosahaf View Post
    Yes, Pavise is exclusively for the harder maps (read elites), where one's main purpose should be tanking. I have no clue about the prices atm (at all), but if he is looking to do elite tind, he should go for the pavise.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    I'm currently using a glaive so I'm planning on testing some specs out during free respec. I would, personally, really hate to spend 1.5mil on a new weapon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i would use sword over hammer in pve, attack speed for hammer is toooo slow, and don't give int. the passive sound nice but i think debuff only last 3sec?
    atm i am useing hammer with ss wm and hot+vb, when mob is very low on hp and your skill are in cd.... then .... you will think when they ever die... and in the end you have to spend 90mana to finish him... then your skill will be in cd again... anyway, when i have money i would use sword again.
    and why no one want to push crit? i find it bost dps alot...
    i used to max out dmg, but after i tried crit over dmg, i found kill faster...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by toughenn View Post
    i would use sword over hammer in pve, attack speed for hammer is toooo slow, and don't give int. the passive sound nice but i think debuff only last 3sec?
    atm i am useing hammer with ss wm and hot+vb, when mob is very low on hp and your skill are in cd.... then .... you will think when they ever die... and in the end you have to spend 90mana to finish him... then your skill will be in cd again... anyway, when i have money i would use sword again.
    and why no one want to push crit? i find it bost dps alot...
    i used to max out dmg, but after i tried crit over dmg, i found kill faster...
    Before I had a glaive I tried out both a level 46 Architect Sword of Assault and level 35 Entombed Hammer of Warfare. The hammer killed faster. For me to decide which was better, I tried soloing Lost Mages Mine and compare my times. The entombed resulted in a faster time on all five trials. O don't know if I just don't know how to use an architect sword and was thus slower, but it seemed conclusive.

Another factor to remember is that the Entombed has a built in armor stat. Its not much, but for some its enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i dont know... now solo or party in normal is all about aoe, and warr's best aoe is SS and cs, wm only hit 3targets and low on dmg cost lots mana...
    i found in order to kill faster we needed aoe skill to crit, and ss, cs can crit much higher than wm, i only have 270dmg and with vb i crit over800 on lvl36+ mob.
    and some how wm only hit hard on first hit... like i crit for 580 first then drop to 380 on sec and 3th...
    anyway we just suck on dps... at lvl16 its not that big diffence, but now .... i don't really want to play warr anymore...lol
    Last edited by toughenn; 04-04-2014 at 10:05 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by toughenn View Post
    i dont know... now solo or party in normal is all about aoe, and warr's best aoe is SS and cs, wm only hit 3targets and low on dmg cost lots mana...
    i found in order to kill faster we needed aoe skill to crit, and ss, cs can crit much higher than wm, i only have 270dmg and with vb i crit over800 on lvl36+ mob.
    and some how wm only hit hard on first hit... like i crit for 580 first then drop to 380 on sec and 3th...
    anyway we just suck on dps... at lvl16 its not that big diffence, but now .... i don't really want to play warr anymore...lol
    Warriors are definently not the same as they were in WoW I find mages the best crowd control and my #2 pick as favorite class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

looks good