Thread: Boosting Colton!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Red face Boosting Colton!

Hello !
    So, I was thinking about Colton and I had an idea :
    1st : Colton's bonus is " You receive +30 int , 10% damage and +5 mana regen "
    But like that Colton is lowing the owner ( especially mages ) health points and lowing health points means mages are not going to solo Tombs , elites and normal maps ...... My suggestion is : What about making the following " You receive +30 int , 10% damage and 8 mana/health regen " or " You receive +30 int , 10% damage and 100 health , +5 mana regen "
    My point is to make Colton as good as Clyde .... Colton gives +30 int means +90 health points ( 10 int = 30 health points ) whereas Clyde gives +30 int , 10 str means 190 health points ( 10 str = 100 health points )
    Thank you and Constructive thoughts please !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaith View Post
    Hello !
    So, I was thinking about Colton and I had an idea :
    1st : Colton's bonus is " You receive +30 int , 10% damage and +5 mana regen "
    But like that Colton is lowing the owner ( especially mages ) health points and lowing health points means mages are not going to solo Tombs , elites and normal maps ...... My suggestion is : What about making the following " You receive +30 int , 10% damage and 8 mana/health regen " or " You receive +30 int , 10% damage and 100 health , +5 mana regen "
    My point is to make Colton as good as Clyde .... Colton gives +30 int means +90 health points ( 10 int = 30 health points ) whereas Clyde gives +30 int , 10 str means 190 health points ( 10 str = 100 health points )
    Thank you and Constructive thoughts please !
    Mages soloing Elite? That type of suicide is left to the top geared players

And to add: Colton has been around for many, many expansions. It's bound that Colton will be outdated by other pets..
    Last edited by Ebezaanec; 04-11-2014 at 07:43 PM.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

A couple hundred health is not the difference between success and failure in the new elites as most deaths seem to be one-hits anyway. Crit, %damage, and stun pets are all still better then a few more Int.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Just make his arcane ability range a lil larger

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Xpolosion For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xxmataharixx View Post
    This.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Colton is great as is, only range sucks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

This!
    I honestly hate Colton for the very reason of his virtually non-existent AA. I'm not going to stand next to death to get it. Only way to safely get it is to be running up to a new set of mobs, stopping, and tapping it as he passes you to get to mobs.

Only thing I really use him for are easier maps where his damage constant damage increase is enough of a difference for my attacks to be an assured 1 hit.

For that, I love Ribbit way more. I can safely enjoy the benefits of the crit boosts to end up doing much more damage than I would with Colton's int/damage. Plus, Ribbit provides a massive +250 life.
    Only those who risk going past the edge will find out how far they can go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Use Clyde instead, colton is awesome as it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtmeet View Post
    Use Clyde instead, colton is awesome as it is.
    That's a plats buyer option

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morholt View Post
    This!
    I honestly hate Colton for the very reason of his virtually non-existent AA. I'm not going to stand next to death to get it. Only way to safely get it is to be running up to a new set of mobs, stopping, and tapping it as he passes you to get to mobs.

Only thing I really use him for are easier maps where his damage constant damage increase is enough of a difference for my attacks to be an assured 1 hit.

For that, I love Ribbit way more. I can safely enjoy the benefits of the crit boosts to end up doing much more damage than I would with Colton's int/damage. Plus, Ribbit provides a massive +250 life.
    Well ! I honestly don't really like your ideas
    And what ?! Ribbit is better than Colton !! though ribbit gives +7% crit as bonus and +40% crit as arcane but that 40% will last only for 3 seconds ( and during my presence in AL I've learned that ribbit can be used only for bosses ) if you're talking about health bonus than switch to malison ( 20 str,int,dex = +360 hp ) so malison is way much better than ribbit ..... And comparing ribbit to Colton is lame .... Colton stills on the top best pets for mages .... Even for warriors earlier I noticed that they're using Prance more than ribbit .... Orion stills better than ribbit ( you can hit +290 hp ) and damage reduced by 2% is nice for mages to keep taking some more hits .....
    And .. Colton's arcane ability's range is the most important issue ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nesox View Post
    A couple hundred health is not the difference between success and failure in the new elites as most deaths seem to be one-hits anyway. Crit, %damage, and stun pets are all still better then a few more Int.
    If health points don't matter than why I see Clyde is more preferred than Colton , huh ? Crit , damage .. Colton gives the both ......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Crit, %damage, and stun pets are all still better then a few more Int.
    Are you sure ? Than I would say Aspen is way better than Colton ( +10% crit , +15% damage and +10 int )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

in the new elites .
    Did I say New Elites ?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    Mages soloing Elite? That type of suicide is left to the top geared players

And to add: Colton has been around for many, many expansions. It's bound that Colton will be outdated by other pets..
    Sorry I meant to say easy Elites ..... Well according to my personal experience pink Mage can solo ( forest , ydra [ elites ] ) and mythic Mage can even solo dead city .... By the way running alone in maps is much easier than going with a party ( mobs health points bar and damage will be less than going in more than 1 player ) so having a little health boost with Colton will make it more more useful ... Soloing the mentioned maps is only available with Malison , Orion or even Ethyl ... Otherwise you better don't enter
    And thank you ( it was a misspelling lol )
    Last edited by Ghaith; 04-12-2014 at 07:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Double this!!

Colton is a solid pet but us mages need his AA range to be improved. This isn't going to happen though. Make a recommendation in the suggestions. If STS doesn't respond to the post it won't happen lol. This suggestion has been made before and no response

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

If health points don't matter than why I see Clyde is more preferred than Colton , huh ? Crit , damage .. Colton gives the both ......
    Clyde has a panic AA which is why i prefer him to Colton. Colton still is one of the best pets for Mage. His only problem is the AA range which I just ignore. His happiness stats and his passive stun are sick. No pet is gonna have all 3 (happiness, AA and passive) that are perfect except maybe an arcane one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Well ! I honestly don't really like your ideas
    And what ?! Ribbit is better than Colton !! though ribbit gives +7% crit as bonus and +40% crit as arcane but that 40% will last only for 3 seconds ( and during my presence in AL I've learned that ribbit can be used only for bosses ) if you're talking about health bonus than switch to malison ( 20 str,int,dex = +360 hp ) so malison is way much better than ribbit ..... And comparing ribbit to Colton is lame .... Colton stills on the top best pets for mages .... Even for warriors earlier I noticed that they're using Prance more than ribbit .... Orion stills better than ribbit ( you can hit +290 hp ) and damage reduced by 2% is nice for mages to keep taking some more hits .....
    And .. Colton's arcane ability's range is the most important issue ...
    You should respect these opinions more as they are correct. Yes Ribbit is more effective that Colton most of the time, especially in Tombs or maps with larger mobs. That 3 secs of crit will do far more damage to a mob under TS then Coltons damage boost. Bosses are also the one area that I rarely use ribbit as I prefer a stun pet most of the time. Bosses require you to stay alive longer rather than deal damage faster. Kelvin is my go to boss pet as he has a perfect stun rate. Your comment on Orions 2% dmg reduction is incorrect as 2% of a 3000hp hit is only 60 hp. Not enough to avoid death usually. He is however an overall better bet than Colton, yes.

I am a mediocre skill level and I have soled many elites up to the end of Kracken. Colton is not even in the top eight pets in my rotation.

All other debate aside the only change Colton requires is the AA radius as previosly mentioned. This does not seem to be a priority for STS as we have been complaining for many seasons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

You should respect these opinions more as they are correct. Yes Ribbit is more effective that Colton most of the time, especially in Tombs or maps with larger mobs. That 3 secs of crit will do far more damage to a mob under TS then Coltons damage boost. Bosses are also the one area that I rarely use ribbit as I prefer a stun pet most of the time. Bosses require you to stay alive longer rather than deal damage faster. Kelvin is my go to boss pet as he has a perfect stun rate. Your comment on Orions 2% dmg reduction is incorrect as 2% of a 3000hp hit is only 60 hp. Not enough to avoid death usually. He is however an overall better bet than Colton, yes.

I am a mediocre skill level and I have soled many elites up to the end of Kracken. Colton is not even in the top eight pets in my rotation.

All other debate aside the only change Colton requires is the AA radius as previosly mentioned. This does not seem to be a priority for STS as we have been complaining for many seasons.
    Did you read the Thread ? I bet you didn't even look at it lol
    My thread is about improving Colton so that it can take a small spot among the best mages pets because it's disappearing now .... I was not talking about Colton vs Ribbit my thread is " Boosting Colton " and thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Are you telling me that 47% crit ( with 40% crit for only 3 sec ) beats 15% crit ( 6 sec ) + 10% damage ?!?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Lame ! The game is being a mathematic class ... No fun now