Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    About napalm:

Napalm was actually designed to farm Infested planet: The Hive. The special thing about it is that it destroys the eggs so they don't hatch at all. If you haven't noticed, the eggs smoke when burned by napalm carbines.

The thing is that people found a way to profit of Napalm's AoE to easily run maps and farm. That's why STS changed the drop odds decreasing it from 10% chances to loot to 0.1% (those are not the real odds, it's just to understand). It would be too easy to level up otherwise, if everybody easily obtains it.

Napalm carbines can damage 5 enemies at the same time. It's range is really high. If you take it's fire range as a radius and make a circle with it, thats the AoE and it's even bigger than that. Thats to destroy eggs at hive.

I would be against the removal of Napalm, or any modification to it.

About Plat items:

Those are made for people who pay real cash, or do free offers. Being able to buy them with credits will destroy the purpose of having platinums.
    Most people do fee offers to get platinums. Rare are the people who spend cash on platinums to buy credits. They often buy a 1 hour multi-enhancer to farm the hive or level up easily at STS maps.

Nothing to change here. It will only make it easier to own all items.

About old players leaving, keeping their stuff:

Every looteable item can still be looted. Only the limited edition items can't be obtained again. Exterminator Visor, UC armor, partyhats and other were looted at Infested Deck event. Some items like Plasm Ears and Ginger are looted during annual events.

Vanities are often looted during normal runs. Not really on a farming one. The best way to farm is to do random maps.

Nothing to change here to be honest. The loots are as rare for everyone.

About new content:

I would agree on adding more content, since people are leaving the game, but I think that it's the purpose of not adding content. They don't want to put more time on Star Legends. If they don't do any annual event, you know they cut it off.

I would like to thank you for the suggestions though. You put some time on it, and it's very appreciated.
    Napalm doesn't need to be removed, only nerfed -- they can still keep it a perfectly viable gun for the hive, and make it less viable for everything else.
    Keeping it as is only hurts the game, and you didn't provide any reasons why to keep it as is -- you only explained what it does (ps: that's common knowledge.)

If you read what I said about plat items, the point wasn't to make it easy to get everything, it was to remove credits from the game --
    I even said the prices can be unrealistic, to the point where people wouldn't use that option over regular platinum. Can you provide me with
    evidence to support your claim that it's rare for people to buy credits with Platinum? Squid Buddys go for 10m credits RIGHT NOW -- last cap
    there were only 3 or 4 people I can think of who had that. It's painfully obvious that people are buying credits with platinum.
    I also gave an alternative, which is to limit the amount of credits you can buy with platinum per month/year, etc.

It's almost as if you didn't even read the post, my suggestions were not to add items to the game, nor were they to get more players for the game.

I feel like you're angry at me for not agreeing with you in game today, sorry about that -- but I'm trying to start real discussion here on
    what STS can do to fix SL that won't require a lot of effort. Please keep in game politics out of the forums =\.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Goonswarm For This Useful Post: