View Poll Results: What should the rule be on Arcane items?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Allow any Arcane Item

6 6.38%
  • Allow only Arcane Weapons (no Arcane Ring)

11 11.70%
  • No Arcane Items Allowed

77 81.91%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: The Kalizzaa Elite Challenge

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Just for the reference, Remiem and others can enter a full zone and do a check to ensure fairness. So cheating isn't a scope unless a guild wants to be defamed.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

when will the contest start after the teams will be announced?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
    when will the contest start after the teams will be announced?
    My intention was to start the contest late Friday night (Eastern Standard Time), since I wanted to give everyone the weekend for a chance to do their runs. Unfortunately, with no registrations at this point, I may have to delay the start. I will see how the next 24 hours evolves, but at this point, it's looking like the start will be delayed.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

I think if you gave us a date to announce our teams by that would be best, otherwise you'll be waiting a bit

Maybe give us until April 28 to select our teams and then have contest end the following Monday?
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hectororius View Post
    I think if you gave us a date to announce our teams by that would be best, otherwise you'll be waiting a bit

Maybe give us until April 28 to select our teams and then have contest end the following Monday?
    I originally listed April 25 @11 PM EST as the sign-up deadline, but I am comfortable pushing it off to Monday, April 28 @9 AM EST. Then, we can run a full 7 day contest and close it out Monday, May 5th @9 AM EST - which should give me basically a full day to compile the results.

Would an Apr. 28th sign up deadline be fair for everyone involved?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    I originally listed April 25 @11 PM EST as the sign-up deadline, but I am comfortable pushing it off to Monday, April 28 @9 AM EST. Then, we can run a full 7 day contest and close it out Monday, May 5th @9 AM EST - which should give me basically a full day to compile the results.

Would an Apr. 28th sign up deadline be fair for everyone involved?
    4 Days is fair enough for everyone. That is more than half a week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

I think it's a good idea to postpone. If I am not mistaken, free respec weekend is coming

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Let us know also if there is any limitations to the team compositions in terms of classes represented.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hectororius View Post
    Let us know also if there is any limitations to the team compositions in terms of classes represented.
    No limitation....I leave it entirely up to you guys. I don't want to give away too much, but this is what I can say.

I think that Team B may be able to get away with no Tanks, but it would put a lot of pressure on the Sorcs for crowd control on at least one of the maps.

The Team A maps are challenging. One of them can certainly be done without a Tank, but the other would be quite difficult. I've run this particular map without Tanks many times and it can be a rough ride, but is doable - but your party really has to be on top of their game to avoid too many costly deaths that can hurt your elapsed time.

I know you folks are skilled, but keep in mind these are pure runs - meaning no plat revives. I know that I kind of got into the habit of Rambo'ing things because plat revive is around, but, if I had to make the walk of shame every time I died....yikes!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I'm getting the teams together but I'm going to disregard the rule about team 2 having only members and allowing recruiters to be in it too as all my players at elite level are recruiters I am not going to demote them just for this as that seems silly. I'll leave this up to you if our times are disqualified. I'll edit this post when teams have been decided.

Ty for all the time and effort your putting into this and good luck all who enter!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Foebegone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Foebegone View Post
    I'm getting the teams together but I'm going to disregard the rule about team 2 having only members and allowing recruiters to be in it too as all my players at elite level are recruiters I am not going to demote them just for this as that seems silly. I'll leave this up to you if our times are disqualified. I'll edit this post when teams have been decided.

Ty for all the time and effort your putting into this and good luck all who enter!
    This is Kali's contest and I cannot make any comments regarding rules, but I think the reason for this rule is to provide chance also for the guildies that are not in the "elite team" (usually officers).

Although I think no one sane will cheat in terms of gear, the idea of temporary demotion occurred to me too, but that's of course silly.

In our guild, officers are quite rare and recruiters even more (if I am not mistaken, we have currently still just one recruiter ) So, most probably even the A team will have common member(s).

I suggest that you communicate openly your team including their rank to the contest host (Kali) and discuss it with him beforehand in order to avoid disappointments. I agree with you, temporary demotion is silly and childish.

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

That's what I was doing, our guild has a good number of officers and mainly recruiters as we are a open guild and often train up first time players. 1st team will be officers most likely, 2nd can't be members as none are of lvl, but I want our recruiters to have fun and enter I'll do you a deal if they win I'll pay there prize

Sent from my device using an app.
    Last edited by Foebegone; 04-25-2014 at 05:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Foebegone View Post
    That's what I was doing, our guild has a good number of officers and mainly recruiters as we are a open guild and often train up first time players. 1st team will be officers most likely, 2nd can't be members as none are of lvl, but I want our recruiters to have fun and enter I'll do you a deal if they win I'll pay there prize

This is what I can do, since it seems there is at least one other guild that is in the same situation.

Enter your first team of officers, they will be eligible for the fastest map prizes.

Create your second team, let me know that they do not meet the requirements. This team can run the maps, for fun/sport, but they would not be eligible for prizes, and your guild wouldn't be eligible for guild-level prizes; however, I will keep track of the times and rankings at the map level and guild level.

I know that it can be fun to see where you slot compared to others, so I hope that this is a fair compromise.

So, again, you can submit two teams (provided you let me know that your second team does not qualify). I will track and rank results, but only your officer/recruiter team will be eligible for prizes - you won't be eligible for any of the other prizes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    All the elite rec runners will win lol
    thats only if they play, i just posted this on DM officers chat, but they mightve seen this and im not sure if theyre even that interested on this challenge

well see what they reply

all guilds doing the same map right??
    can we know which map now?

on another thought... youre not letting arcane weapons in but youre letting mythic blades and staff/ glaive in? LOL

and how would u know if the team didnt use arcane pet/weapons?.. unless the devs are gonna be watching this.. then theres way too many loop holes in this contest
    Last edited by inkredible; 04-25-2014 at 06:52 AM.

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Works for me ty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inkredble View Post
    thats only if they play, i just posted this on DM officers chat, but they mightve seen this and im not sure if theyre even that interested on this challenge

well see what they reply

all guilds doing the same map right??
    can we know which map now?

on another thought... youre not letting arcane weapons in but youre letting mythic blades and staff/ glaive in? LOL

and how would u know if the team didnt use arcane pet/weapons?.. unless the devs are gonna be watching this.. then theres way too many loop holes in this contest
    - Yes, all guilds will be running the same maps.
    - No, I cannot say which maps until registrations are complete and the contest begins. Part of this challenge is to design teams that are flexible enough to take on anything.
    - Correct, razors, orbital, and glaive are allowed, arcane items are not. The vote was pretty clear about how that should play out.
    - To be honest, I wouldn't know for certain, but the devs are involved in this contest, I will be analyzing the posted times for anomalies and I truly believe that those who will be participating will do so in good faith. I wouldn't want to be the one that disgraces my guild and gets them banned from all future contests just because I was looking for that small edge that a Maul/Kershal/Ring provides. This is more a competition of teamwork and strategy amongst guilds than it is about how shiny your gear is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Any limitation on classes? 2 war 2 mage 2 rogue or can 1 war 2 mage 3 rogue?

Also, when to post picture or how the times will be checked?
    Last edited by Haligali; 04-25-2014 at 02:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    - Yes, all guilds will be running the same maps.
    - No, I cannot say which maps until registrations are complete and the contest begins. Part of this challenge is to design teams that are flexible enough to take on anything.
    - Correct, razors, orbital, and glaive are allowed, arcane items are not. The vote was pretty clear about how that should play out.
    - To be honest, I wouldn't know for certain, but the devs are involved in this contest, I will be analyzing the posted times for anomalies and I truly believe that those who will be participating will do so in good faith. I wouldn't want to be the one that disgraces my guild and gets them banned from all future contests just because I was looking for that small edge that a Maul/Kershal/Ring provides. This is more a competition of teamwork and strategy amongst guilds than it is about how shiny your gear is.
    well im just not sure if the devs got time LOL unless remiem got access to those, i know my guild wouldnt cheat out but im just sayin for the others we dont know
    i will pass on the teams when igot the names

is it possiblt for substitution? say i cant come online, substitute with another warrior?

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Any limitation on classes? 2 war 2 mage 2 rogue or can 1 war 2 mage 3 rogue?

Also, when to post picture or how the times will be checked?
    No limitation on classes.

Times will be based upon screenshots. I will provide all the details on Monday.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inkredble View Post
    well im just not sure if the devs got time LOL unless remiem got access to those, i know my guild wouldnt cheat out but im just sayin for the others we dont know
    i will pass on the teams when igot the names

is it possiblt for substitution? say i cant come online, substitute with another warrior?
    No alternates. Part of this challenge is about guild coordination and that includes selecting teams that will be able to run successfully together.

Plus, this is a 7 day challenge to attain the fastest times on two maps per team. That should leave plenty of time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk