Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Market Forecast!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Default Market Forecast!

Quote Originally Posted by Defilading View Post
    My guess is its because of one of the threads that got really popular last week regarding people getting mad when they spend large amounts of plat and finally get a arcane only to find its the cheapest one. at least then when you get a arcane roll from a crate itll be a still semi expensive item.

also, there could vary well be the possibility of a new arcane item replacing it (bow perhaps? who knows.) time will tell friends. something is coming tomorrow evening, that is for sure.
    My word for those people is to stop complaining. Most of the community can't even get hooks, so why should the be so mad? It's a free 10m and achievement plus a good advantage in 26 PvP.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Absolutely not. This is just a fallacy spread by players that don't understand the math of the 'slot machine'. To be complete, I will cover both 'theories':

1) Each Arcane has an independent drop rate: This is obvious, removing one will not affect the drop rate of the others.

2) Arcane Weapons have a combined drop rate, then you roll for which weapon: This is the one that players confuse a lot and think if you remove one of the items, you will have a higher chance of looting one of the other items. But what they are missing is that the 'combined drop rate' changes based on the number of weapons, so now you will have a lower chance to hit the Arcane Weapon in the first place. Once you do, you will then have a higher rate of hitting the shard, but again, the higher rate of hitting the shard * the lower rate of hitting "Arcane Weapon" = Previous Higher Rate of Hitting Arcane Weapon * Previous Lower Rate of hitting the shard. Do you really think Hooks were dropping at the rate of ALL these items combined when they were the only Arcane Weapon????
    I don't know but apparently when I suggested they increase drop rate of the arcane shard I was told by the experts here that this was selfish and I was only motivated by self interest. Yet I can go back to many threads where people asked for hooks to be removed and many people said this would not be possible because it would affect drop rates of other arcanes. So it possible now both will happen. I guess its the end of the world as we know it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    True, it'll still be looted in Elite Pirates, but, lets be real...who actually opens those for a chance to win hooks?
    Me. Or Wait... Im to weak to actually do elites...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Figures, right when I start to bring an endgame to farm...then this nonsense comes up. >,>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadJudge View Post
    Figures, right when I start to bring an endgame to farm...then this nonsense comes up. >,>

This doesn't affect end game farming. In fact, might make elite gold pirate chests more valuable.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

*sigh*
    I am so tired of economy threads these days, at the end i am sure the devs will take the right decisions cause they love us all.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Who else out here see this as a sign of the new arcane rogue weapon? I xunno about you guys but I got 600 crates waiting for that moment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    Who else out here see this as a sign of the new arcane rogue weapon? I xunno about you guys but I got 600 crates waiting for that moment.
    I don't, rogues are already OP with the ring. Trust me, you really don't want to give them more...lol. Unless you want us to one hit using just Nox or Shadow Pierce. Aimed shot isn't good enough these days. xD
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I don't, rogues are already OP with the ring. Trust me, you really don't want to give them more...lol. Unless you want us to one hit using just Nox or Shadow Pierce. Aimed shot isn't good enough these days. xD
    I kinda disagree with this, just because they are op at the moment, doesnt mean they shouldnt keep the arcane weapons rotating, they just have to counter balance it with some new mythic armors. Honestly, why else would the only rogue arcane weapon dissappear? Too many pixels? I dont think so with that being said, I still believe arcane weapons arent finished.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I kinda disagree with this, just because they are op at the moment, doesnt mean they shouldnt keep the arcane weapons rotating, they just have to counter balance it with some new mythic armors. Honestly, why else would the only rogue arcane weapon dissappear? Too many pixels? I dont think so with that being said, I still believe arcane weapons arent finished.
    Ok, why would they release a new arcane weapon without replacing other outdated equipment like the mythic ring and amulet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Ok, why would they release a new arcane weapon without replacing other outdated equipment like the mythic ring and amulet?
    I agree that it doesnt make sense, but why else would they drop the only rogue arcane weapon. There is honestly no other good reason.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

I agree that it doesnt make sense, but why else would they drop the only rogue arcane weapon. There is honestly no other good reason.
    Perhaps if they replaced that with a mythic bow. If its like the last 3 seasons, there will be only 1 arcane item per class released in a season. Which is IMO the way to go. Rogues with mythic armor and helm, arcane ring, mythic daggers and Fang already reach above 500 damage and 4k hp (supergemmed). If you pull an arcane bow into the mix, I'm thinking rogues get 550-600 damage, 5k-ish HP and I don't even want to think of the crit because it gives me heartache. No, just no.

Mythic bow on the other hand would give a significant (if not very high) increase over the expedition bow, and maybe a little more than mythic daggers. I think that'd make more sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    Perhaps if they replaced that with a mythic bow. If its like the last 3 seasons, there will be only 1 arcane item per class released in a season. Which is IMO the way to go. Rogues with mythic armor and helm, arcane ring, mythic daggers and Fang already reach above 500 damage and 4k hp (supergemmed). If you pull an arcane bow into the mix, I'm thinking rogues get 550-600 damage, 5k-ish HP and I don't even want to think of the crit because it gives me heartache. No, just no.

Mythic bow on the other hand would give a significant (if not very high) increase over the expedition bow, and maybe a little more than mythic daggers. I think that'd make more sense.
    I love your signature by Leoakre; she's quite the flirt!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

I love your signature by Leoakre; she's quite the flirt!
    Ikr, quote of the day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Price of hooks might bump a bit but am sure it will be back to 5-6m..

Reason? They are discontinued so 100% sure they wont be used in arcane crafting...they will only be used for twinking at lvl 26-28...

5-6m maxed out price

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iliketolol View Post

Reason? They are discontinued so 100% sure they wont be used in arcane crafting...they will only be used for twinking at lvl 26-28...

5-6m maxed out price
    They are not discontinued. They still drop from elite golden pirate chests

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

People... hooks are NOT discontinued. They still drop from Elite Golden Pirate Chests. Perhaps in the future that will leave motivation to keep farming elite kraken dungeons. I think that is why they are being removed from locked crates. It would be nice for a change to have an arcane item that can only be farmed and not looted from crates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rare View Post
    This doesn't affect end game farming. In fact, might make elite gold pirate chests more valuable.
    Meant farming to save for hooks lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iliketolol View Post

5-6m maxed out price
    Removed from crates, best lvl 26-28 pvp weapon, and increased rarity, yeah completely makes sense for the value to be cut in half. Plus it was never 5-6 mil.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Removed from crates, best lvl 26-28 pvp weapon, and increased rarity, yeah completely makes sense for the value to be cut in half. Plus it was never 5-6 mil.
    Ive seen them sell for 6m, i think the seller was basketholic... I know what am saying..

Edit: increased rarity? Nice dream..
    Last edited by Iliketolol; 05-01-2014 at 05:55 AM.