Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Level 41 Mythic Weapons

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Iiiiiii hässlich

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Not good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

sick 1 devs :-)
    stranger danger
    AL: Lovingly
    PL: Pollasauce, Whatachamp L35

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When we can wait this update??? This month?Week?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azazahin View Post
    When we can wait this update??? This month?Week?
    Around 2 weeks I've heard
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Community cracks me up sometimes. Deciding how things are going to be before they are even in our hands to test in real world.
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otahaanak View Post
    Community cracks me up sometimes. Deciding how things are going to be before they are even in our hands to test in real world.
    Based on past mythic weapons and other items we can infer what the new ones will be like.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morholt View Post
    There is no defense debuff on mage skills. Curse has an optional 10% damage debuff (which goes unused, as it reduces reflected damage).
    U sure about that?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Hopefully this will be the first mythic weapon I can afford first time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samdegreat View Post
    Hopefully this will be the first mythic weapon I can afford first time
    Odds look good since the warrior weapon is a shield. Maul will survive another season, but elite running warriors will get a god sent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

To be straightforward shield weapons are suited for pve. So for pvp I will have to use magma claymores which is a level 41 pink against 41 myth rouges and 41 myth mages(who now newly gets armor reduction via proc, depends on the rarity of proc). I have nothing more to say for pvp.

Now let me come to pve. We warriors already have BEST heal(anyone doubting it shouldnt). We warriors have taunt abilities. We keep off the damage from the party and also heal them. So whats the point in a JUST A HEAL proc? This heal proc is only useful for those lazy mages and rouges who dont wanna pot in elites and want to entirely leech on the warrior. Any proper party with a tank in any elite party suffers very nominal deaths if u know the map tactics.

Also before all those mages and rouges start pouring hate on this comment,let me point one more thing. Heal proc depends on rarity. So let me assume I use my HOR skill and while u r in HOR shield , my weapon procs. And we will know procs last only a few seconds and isnt that frequent too. So in this case u dont get any advantage of the proc. U would die anyway in elite if u dont pot instead of relying on this proc.

What I would suggest is why not use a smiliar kind of proc used in arlorian wall of potency, i.e. armor bonus while dealing damage to foes. Since its a mythic weapon they can probably make the proc applicable to all.

Personal note: To all those mages who say warriors are meant for tanking so just stick to your role of defending, I would like to say them one thing. The role of mages are crowd control and were supposed to have less armor because of their higher skill abilities. So if u dont wanna see us whine about our weapons u too stop whining about how mages are squishy. Capisce?

Side Note: Please note that this entirely based on the fact that the warrior weapon proc is spirit which heals. No more info additions of devs on this
    Last edited by Anarchial; 05-10-2014 at 03:46 PM.
    Cause Anarchial causes only ANARCHY!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anarchial For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchial View Post
    1) To​​ be straightforward shield weapons are suited for pve. So for pvp I will have to use magma claymores which is a level 41 pink against 41 myth rouges and 41 myth mages(who now newly gets armor reduction via proc, depends on the rarity of proc). I have nothing more to say for pvp.

2) Now let me come to pve. We warriors already have BEST heal(anyone doubting it shouldnt). We warriors have taunt abilities. We keep off the damage from the party and also heal them. So whats the point in a JUST A HEAL proc? This heal proc is only useful for those lazy mages and rouges who dont wanna pot in elites and want to entirely leech on the warrior. Any proper party with a tank in any elite party suffers very nominal deaths if u know the map tactics.

3) Also before all those mages and rouges start pouring hate on this comment,let me point one more thing. Heal proc depends on rarity. So let me assume I use my HOR skill and while u r in HOR shield , my weapon procs. And we will know procs last only a few seconds and isnt that frequent too. So in this case u dont get any advantage of the proc. U would die anyway in elite if u dont pot instead of relying on this proc.

4) What I would suggest is why not use a smiliar kind of proc used in arlorian wall of potency, i.e. armor bonus while dealing damage to foes. Since its a mythic weapon they can probably make the proc applicable to all.

Personal note: To all those mages who say warriors are meant for tanking so just stick to your role of defending, I would like to say them one thing. The role of mages are crowd control and were supposed to have less armor because of their higher skill abilities. So if u dont wanna see us whine about our weapons u too stop whining about how mages are squishy. Capisce?

Side Note: Please note that this entirely based on the fact that the warrior weapon proc is spirit which heals. No more info additions of devs on this
    *Note: I went ahead and numbered your points for ease of addressing.

Before going on, welcome to the forums. I am happy we have another member who can write a well supported argument and look forward to your future posts.

1) PvP warriors got screwed, there is no argument against that.

2) I actually suggested this process a while back both in game and on the forums. Ideally it will function as a jugg type effect. If the HP return is high enough I believe it will become my favorite proc in game.

3) Very good point. I had not considered this at all. However, an easy solution may be to have the proc activate when we take damage. This is how the pavise's proc was activated so this is doable. That solves the issue of the proc activating while the shield forom HoR is up.

4) since this is a mythic weapon I would like to see a damage process added. Since this is a heavy armor weapon the "pierce" process would be a nice touch. Pierce was a proc from the Glaive (the level 36 mythic weapon) which allowed random attacks (rarely in succession) to deal damage based off armor. With the glaive pierce hits had dealt higher damage than critical hits for me. I would imagine the damage output difference would be even larger with an armor based weapon. Depending on whether or tnot the dynamics of pierce are changed to where the process becomes a duration rather than random, it may allow the new shield weapon to be usable in PvP. In other words, for a 2-3 second period all attacks deal damage based on armor. This allows attack combos to be used with the proc and thus very high damage output for a short period (it will be even more powerful than 100% crit chance from the vorpal sword). That may actually be a solution (I apologize for writing with a trail of consciousness, I just had an epiphany), the vorpal sword procs 100% crit chance for 1 second. If we could replace the crit increase with a pierce effect it would allow quick attack combos with the heightened damage without being OP.

Point taken on the mage comment; both you and them are worrying about primarily PvP.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post

Before going on, welcome to the forums. I am happy we have another member who can write a well supported argument and look forward to your future posts.

2) I actually suggested this process a while back both in game and on the forums. Ideally it will function as a jugg type effect. If the HP return is high enough I believe it will become my favorite proc in game.

3) Very good point. I had not considered this at all. However, an easy solution may be to have the proc activate when we take damage. This is how the pavise's proc was activated so this is doable. That solves the issue of the proc activating while the shield forom HoR is up.

4) since this is a mythic weapon I would like to see a damage process added. Since this is a heavy armor weapon the "pierce" process would be a nice touch. Pierce was a proc from the Glaive (the level 36 mythic weapon) which allowed random attacks (rarely in succession) to deal damage based off armor. With the glaive pierce hits had dealt higher damage than critical hits for me. I would imagine the damage output difference would be even larger with an armor based weapon. Depending on whether or tnot the dynamics of pierce are changed to where the process becomes a duration rather than random, it may allow the new shield weapon to be usable in PvP. In other words, for a 2-3 second period all attacks deal damage based on armor. This allows attack combos to be used with the proc and thus very high damage output for a short period (it will be even more powerful than 100% crit chance from the vorpal sword). That may actually be a solution (I apologize for writing with a trail of consciousness, I just had an epiphany), the vorpal sword procs 100% crit chance for 1 second. If we could replace the crit increase with a pierce effect it would allow quick attack combos with the heightened damage without being OP.

Point taken on the mage comment; both you and them are worrying about primarily PvP.
    I just have to say something on the 3rd response. Well its not just about when HOR shield is up. Consider this scenario too. I cast my HOR, the invincible shield is down and I took damage but HOR still renews health after shield for quite some time and with my current specs it renews 700 health every time. So even if my weapon takes damage and procs heal the majority of the heal is actually wasted thus rendering it more or less useless. Isnt ir right? In my opinion every class weapon should have a proc that their skills dont give.
    As again my judgements are based on the facts of previous proc durations of mythic weapons and everything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchial View Post
    I just have to say something on the 3rd response. Well its not just about when HOR shield is up. Consider this scenario too. I cast my HOR, the invincible shield is down and I took damage but HOR still renews health after shield for quite some time and with my current specs it renews 700 health every time. So even if my weapon takes damage and procs heal the majority of the heal is actually wasted thus rendering it more or less useless. Isnt ir right? In my opinion every class weapon should have a proc that their skills dont give.
    As again my judgements are based on the facts of previous proc durations of mythic weapons and everything.
    That's a 2 second window. All procs have there down side. The rogue shield (razorback proc) can proc during HoR and be just as usueless. Buy and large, the proc should be very helpful in elite.

The new proc hasn't even been tested yet. I will admit you have persuaded me that it may require a second proc to compensate for its weakness. But, I would like to see it in action before I admit it is useless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maalice View Post
    U sure about that?
    Sure about what? The no debuff part? Positive.
    The damage reduction effect to reflected damage? Yes, someone tested during the past free respec. Numbers were consistent.

Also...lol at people being annoyed by rogues and mages relying on warriors to heal them...run with with some guildies. No good rogue or mage is afraid to chug potions to stay alive.

And lastly...here's a mind blowing thought for PvP: rogues and mages will see a damage increase, but warriors will not...but warriors will see a large defense increase...zomg, the defense and damage increase will probably balance each other out?! And additional heal procs will possibly extend your brawls to cast an additional HOR, while mages and rogues can't effectively heal against your continued assaul?!t Sts actually thought about stuff?! Zomgwtfbbqsauce
    Only those who risk going past the edge will find out how far they can go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

That's a 2 second window. All procs have there down side. The rogue shield (razorback proc) can proc during HoR and be just as usueless. Buy and large, the proc should be very helpful in elite.

The new proc hasn't even been tested yet. I will admit you have persuaded me that it may require a second proc to compensate for its weakness. But, I would like to see it in action before I admit it is useless.
    Yes, I totally agree that it definitely needs to be tested before passing the final verdict because at the end it may be entirely different from what I am anticipating.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

The damage reduction effect to reflected damage? Yes, someone tested during the past free respec. Numbers were consistent.

Also...lol at people being annoyed by rogues and mages relying on warriors to heal them...run with with some guildies. No good rogue or mage is afraid to chug potions to stay alive.

And lastly...here's a mind blowing thought for PvP: rogues and mages will see a damage increase, but warriors will not...but warriors will see a large defense increase...zomg, the defense and damage increase will probably balance each other out?! And additional heal procs will possibly extend your brawls to cast an additional HOR, while mages and rogues can't effectively heal against your continued assaul?!t Sts actually thought about stuff?! Zomgwtfbbqsauce
    I make sure my HoR hits as many party member as possible. Saying HoR isn't meant to heal party members is foolish. However, everyone needs to spam potions no matter the class.

Your comment on armor balancing out the damage is flat wrong. Anyone who did PvP with the pavise during the Nordor expansion usually bought an entombed hammer for landing kills. The pavise was great for flagging though.

IMO, the new shield weapon will be a paper weight if you are looking for kills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Well mages do have their lightning zap and i dont wanna speak about rouges lol..the fact that it will be long lasting is based on the fact that either heal proc is a lil longer than usual or that it procs in the most oppurtune time. Because both the other 2 classes have a chance of doing 250% extra dmg during critical with their skills. Also warriors getting extra armor can be debuffed by rouges(throw aimed shot) and now mage(gun proc) ..so if u have 24% armor reduction from gun for 4 secs u can get killed by crit shot.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

I think these ideas/arguments presented by crow and anarchial are great. Adding a pierce proc may help make the traditional sword/shield combo more useful in PVP.

However, this is my main issue with a sword/shield weapon is that the developers in the past have decided to lean way towards on armor and skimped on the damage hence making this type of weapon so lopsided in terms of usefulness in PVE mainly. It would be great if the developers decided to make this new mythic warrior weapon something in between the glaive and traditional sword/shield weapons. Instead of buffing armor stat to an insane amount, perhaps buff armor stat moderately but add a little more to the damage than traditionally done. I use to be a mythic glaive user and to be honest it was such a wonderful weapon because of its versatility. It had enough armor to be useful in elites but high enough damage to be useful in PVP. The glaive was simply well balanced. Now I am not asking for an exact replica of the glaive but something in between a glaive and the traditional sword/sheild in terms of armor and damage balance would be nice. This will increase the value of the new mythic warrior weapon and make it sought after more by both PVE and PVP fanatics.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

In my opinion those are all ugly, I hate that roguws get another jungle-esque bow. I wanted something more sleek. :/ oh well nothing i can do.