Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
wow... that was a lot to read. The problem with all of this is that it forces PvP'ers to come out of PvP. Many PvP'ers play solely for pvp and thats it. I personally would hate having to leave PvP and farm 50k kills just to compete with the brand spankin new PvPer that anyone should be able to crush.

Also you said small differences in stats doesnt make a huge difference, yeah it does. 1 extra crit is the difference between 5 dodged hits in a row and 3 hits and 2 dodges.

Also remember that we are only on level 50. End game is suppost to be lvl 99. I can assure you that to get from say level 80 to 81 will almost be the same amount of exp required levels 1-50. At least if they approach this like other MMO's. Runescape, you can get to level 1-50 super fast. But then level 70 requires more exp just for one level then 1-50 combined. We will also be getting pets, housing, and guilds eventually, should be plenty to do.
Again this is just a concept. They can add, every 1k pvp kills you add 5 stat points.

As for the "small differences in stats" I meant the stats themselves. I know 1% crit is huge, but it takes like 50 dex to get 1% crit.. so +3 stat points in itself is small and doesnt make much of an impact, but, getting 16,000 extra kills to make the 16 * 3 = 48 stat points that would equal 1% crit.. that makes a impact, but it takes a LOT of work to get 16k kills, so that would mean that person earned that 1% crit.. it wasnt handed to them. Those that put in the work SHOULD reap benefits.

Ok, even if they had pets, and guilds, and houses.. that means nothing. Once you can advance your character no more things get old. Once you build you house, thats done too. Theirs no sense of ongoing enhancement. As far as the level cap being 99, well EQ2 and WoW have said their goal is level 99 too. Its been HOW many years for those games... and I think EQ2 is at 80 and WOW is at like 75 cap. Again, you need people to stay playing until you GET to 99, a promise that within the next 6 years the cap will be 99 isnt enough to get me to log in everyday for the next 6 years, or even 1 expansion to the next. As it is.. you get your fill of the content.. then you wait. Ive just saw posts from vets like Twink and Kos and both have moved onto a different game. Theirs a reason. Lack of ability to advance. Once you have achieved all you can, then you lose purpose to play. A gear based solution(just like the latest armor/weapon quest) is a bandaid... a temporary fix. It made your gave fun for a week, but now where are you? You completed it and now your right back where you were before.. waiting on the next update and no reason to play until because you can gain nothing.